No announcement yet.

Training Camp/Preseason Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Glenn Dorsey is most likely going to be playing 4-3 NT in the Chiefs scheme, drawing blockers and being a factor in the running game. The article I read it on is down, for some reason. I'm trying to find another article that supports me. But if I'm right; holee-crap. Herm Edwards is retarded.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

That doesn't make much sense. Tank Tyler is a great fit at NT.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        That doesn't make much sense. Tank Tyler is a great fit at NT.
        Yeah, I know. But this is Herm Edwards we speak of.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

John Beck opened as the Dolphins' starting quarterback in the team's first live intrasquad scrimmage.

However, he completed only 2-of-5 passes against the first-team defense, 1-of-5 versus the backups, and didn't get the offense into the end zone. Josh McCown started hot, but was predictably inconsistent. Chad Henne threw a touchdown pass against the third-stringers. Several drops didn't help, but the Miami Herald believes that Beck is continuing to lose ground to the others.

3 win team right here.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
            John Beck opened as the Dolphins' starting quarterback in the team's first live intrasquad scrimmage.

However, he completed only 2-of-5 passes against the first-team defense, 1-of-5 versus the backups, and didn't get the offense into the end zone. Josh McCown started hot, but was predictably inconsistent. Chad Henne threw a touchdown pass against the third-stringers. Several drops didn't help, but the Miami Herald believes that Beck is continuing to lose ground to the others.

3 win team right here.
            Even that's gonna be tough, but imagine them being able to get Oher.

Comment

Ya, Beck is garbage we know. On a side note, I just went to Steelers camp the other day and Lawrence Timmons was a beast. Moving really well and really quick to the ball. Also, Mike Humpal has looked real good. I think he'll make the team if he keeps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
                Even that's gonna be tough, but imagine them being able to get Oher.
                They aren't spending huge money on OL 2 years in a row.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by packman_jon View Post
                  On a serious note, from what you posted IVF (and compared to Rodger's Camp), he doesn't look very impressive. Outside of his mobility, just seems to the same old, same old average QB with mobility.

If he threw 2 picks in one session...heck that's more picks than the combined 3 QBs for GB (Harris picked off an underthrown route early in camp).

No doubt he's the starting QB for the Vikings. Anywhere else...can't think of any other team he would start for (unless they harness his mobility like say in a zone-read/spread scheme)
                  Amen. Completely agree. IVF has a hard on for Jackson. He would take him over Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    Walter I can't beleive you said Tarvaris Jackson is having an abysmal camp because he isn't. All you probably seen was that story posted on PFT where it said he threw two picks. Just because he had one bad day you say he is having a horrible camp?
                    Tjack sucks and everybody know it but you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bucs 1999 and 2002 defenses were better than the Ravens in 2000.

Plus, 85 Bears have to be in this discussion.
                      As do the 1976 Steelers.

Probably the best defense in NFL history - certainly the best ever on a team that didn't win the Super Bowl.

Injuries to Bradshaw, Rocky Blier and Franco Harris kept us from hoisting an unprecedented 3rd straight Lombardi Trophy, but that was one sick Steel Curtain defense.
                      sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                      Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn have neither one looked stellar this offseason. Anderson still cant throw intermediate accurately and Quinn still has trouble throwing deep to the cones accurately.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Bradshaw talks about jail sentence. I am extremely excited by the way this guy runs. He can break tackles and is tough to bring down which is huge in the NFL. He has this to go along wit his speed and quickness.

ALBANY – In his first public comments since ending a 28-day prison stay, Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw said he is relieved to be out of jail and on the field and that his recent incarceration had nothing to do with any new offense he committed.

"I've done nothing wrong since I was drafted by the Giants,'' he said firmly. "There is no question about that; it should be over with … all of this comes from the juvenile offense.''

Bradshaw, 22, said that he did not know he had to serve any jail time until last April, when he learned his debt to society for an undisclosed probation violation from his juvenile past had not yet been paid. What exactly Bradshaw did as a juvenile is unknown; the records are sealed. What is known is that in 2004 he was arrested for underage drinking and resisting arrest, incidents that prompted the University of Virginia to kick him out of school. Two years later, Bradshaw was caught stealing a PlayStation from another student while at Marshall University.

It is believed that one or both of those arrests violated Bradshaw's probation. What is unknown is why it took so long for Bradshaw to serve his jail time.

"Those are the things that have kept this going since I was 15,'' Bradshaw said. "It just kept getting pushed back, because of the offenses in college. It really doesn't matter who you are, everything gets in the papers. It doesn't matter if you are Joey the milkman, or whoever. It doesn't matter if you go to the Super Bowl or not, you've got to learn from your mistakes. You'll get punished for them.''

The Giants did not know Bradshaw had another 30-day jail term awaiting him following the season. That revelation surfaced last week; Tom Coughlin admitted he did not know that was the case. "He knows now,'' Bradshaw said.

On the field, Bradshaw looks quicker and more confident than he did a year ago as a rookie. He was a post-season sensation, led the Giants in rushing in Super Bowl XLII and is a big part of the plans in the backfield.

"Just being here, it's a relief just to be here, around all of these guys and just be a part of this team,'' Bradshaw said. "I'm just trying to come out here and make a name for myself, just do my job. I think everything happens for a reason.''

The NFL last week stated Bradshaw will not be subjected to any punishment for violating the league's personal conduct policy because Bradshaw was not found to have violated his probation while he was employed by the Giants.

Bradshaw left the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon on July 13 after serving the first portion of his sentence.

Comment

They aren't spending huge money on OL 2 years in a row.
                            I forgot about Vernon Carey. If they'd only put Long at RT....

Idk then, best corner I guess.

Comment

Kevin Kaesviharn is the starting free safety for the Saints.

He's made big improvements, and he could be an upgrade from the player he moved ahead of, Josh Bullocks. Plus, he looks like Keanu Reeves and even played a stint with the XFL. Cool!
                              This is my signature.

Comment

So nobody thought my whole fake article thing was funny?

I put my blood, sweat, and tears into that Damnit!

Comment

Working...
                                X