Packers Contacted Vikings About Favre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers Contacted Vikings About Favre

Citing an NFL executive with "close ties to clubs in the NFC North," the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers called the Vikings about Brett Favre on Friday to let them know Favre is available in a trade.

You knew this wasn't the end. The Journal-Sentinel believes Favre's arrival at camp is the first step towards a trade. "They’ve kind of said through one of their guys that if Favre did report they would potentially trade him within the division," the unnamed executive says. Talks between the Vikings and Packers aren't substantive yet, however, and the executive doesn't think Minnesota would give up more than a fourth- or fifth-round pick. Still, reports like this aren't going away until Favre is in another uniform.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779379

This is a nice update. We'll likely hear more about it tomorrow
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

This could be made into a movie.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

They are better off benching him throughout preseason then releasing him, rather than giving him a months time to prepare and only getting a 4th in the process (in division).
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think they would do it for a 4th. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting Favre a little bit. I still would prefer him not to be, but I wouldn't be that pissed if he becomes a Viking because I know this offense would be very scary with him at QB. It would be the same situation as Jim Edmonds a former Cardinal becoming a Cub...now I like him.

I still think TJ will do a fine job this season and as of right now I still hate Brett Favre because he is still a Packer.

Comment

And I don't understand this...They charge us for tampering then a month later contact about our interest. That tampering case must be dead.

Comment

lol as soon as Favre is a Viking you would suck an old crusty white dick that plays QB for the vikings (this was a joke)
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't see us giving up more than a fifth just because there is a high chance Farve returns to his interception machine days but if he went to minny and fitted in the offence would be frightning and we would have to be genuine contenders for the superbowl

Comment

Brett Favre would immediately make the Vikings my NFC Super Bowl pick.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                  Brett Favre would immediately make the Vikings my NFC Super Bowl pick.
                  Likewise. With Favre, no team in the NFC is as stacked as the Vikings on any front. They will become the NFC Super Bowl favorite.

On the flip side, without Favre, the Vikings limp into the playoffs on the strength of their running game and defense, in spite of Tarvaris Jackson's ineptitude and constant turnovers. They then get knocked out of the playoffs after one or two games after opposing defenses victimize the happless Tavaris Jackson and the defense and running game just can't make up for his complete lack of skill.
                  sigpic
                  WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                  PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                  NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                  Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                  Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                  MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                  PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                  Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                  Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                  ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                  Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                  TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                  InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                  Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                  EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                  EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                  Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                  BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                  Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

The should give up a conditional pick based off of starts and wins.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      The should give up a conditional pick based off of starts and wins.
                      I would be fine with them giving up a 2nd round pick for Favre and a 3rd or 4th rounder.
                      sigpic
                      PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                      NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                      Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                      Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                      MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                      PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                      Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                      Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                      ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                      Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                      InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                      EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                      BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                      Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Kordell Stewart said it best. This is a mess.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                          Likewise. With Favre, no team in the NFC is as stacked as the Vikings on any front. They will become the NFC Super Bowl favorite.

On the flip side, without Favre, the Vikings limp into the playoffs on the strength of their running game and defense, in spite of Tarvaris Jackson's ineptitude and constant turnovers. They then get knocked out of the playoffs after one or two games after opposing defenses victimize the happless Tavaris Jackson and the defense and running game just can't make up for his complete lack of skill.
                          Dallas would still be better. Better O and D.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            Dallas would still be better. Better O and D.
                            You my friend, must be on something.

The Vikings defense completely smokes the Dallas defense six ways from Sunday. There isn't any position on their defense to which the Vikings aren't superior, and in most cases, drastically so.

In addition, with Brett Favre wearing purple, the Cowboys wouldn't hold a candle to the Vikings offense. The Vikes would have a drastically superior running game, better O-line and a better QB. What do the Cowboys have besides Jason Witten and a drama-queen receiver?

$0.02,

--Z
                            Last edited by ZN0rseman; 08-04-2008, 12:23 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                              You my friend, must be on something.

The Vikings defense completely smokes the Dallas defense six ways from Sunday. There isn't any position on their defense to which the Vikings aren't superior, and in most cases, drastically so.

In addition, with Brett Favre wearing purple, the Cowboys wouldn't hold a candle to the Vikings offense. The Vikes would have a drastically superior running game, better O-line and a better QB. What do the Cowboys have besides Jason Witten and a drama-queen receiver?

$0.02,

--Z
                              lol, god your a homer. Dallas's D is on the same level as the Vikings. Vikings might have a edge in run D but both teams play in a dome so if they met in the playoffs the Cowboys can spread you out 4 wide and pick you apart. The Vikes dont have the receivers to do that. Dallas upgraded the D through the draft and FA just as much as the Vikes. Get over it the Vikes are not the best in the NFC. There arent even the best in the north imo.
                              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                              X