X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    I already did. Jared Allen gets to the QB no one else does. The Williams' dont get sacks and Edwards doesnt either. You need more than 1 guy to get a consistent pass rush.
    This guy knows exactly what he is talking about. I would also like a chance to bring up "Zero 4th Quarter sacks, Contract Year, etc."

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    I heard Jason Taylor is on the market. We're shopping him for a first rounder if anyone is interested =P

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    I'm sorry, you're saying that the addition of Jared Allen (Pro Bowler and 2007 NFL sack leader) doesn't give the Vikings a good pass rush? Care to explain that to the rest of us? I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we'd all really be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion.
    I already did. Jared Allen gets to the QB no one else does. The Williams' dont get sacks and Edwards doesnt either. You need more than 1 guy to get a consistent pass rush.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
    Brett Favre would immediately make the Vikings my NFC Super Bowl pick.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Yes, and many other QB's got their shizz tore up by said secondary.
    The Vikings suck. < Period

You're secondary is garbo. Sharper and Windfield are old and Williams is never healthy. Cedeic Griffin is a straight thug though.

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    They are better off benching him throughout preseason then releasing him, rather than giving him a months time to prepare and only getting a 4th in the process (in division).
    Better yet, put him on the inactive roster every week until the trade deadline and trade him for whatever you can get.

That would destroy Favre as a person and player though but what else could we do except trade him to the Niners or something.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    For such a dominating secondary as you claim, quarterbacks sure put up solid performances against your defense.
    Yes, and many other QB's got their shizz tore up by said secondary.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Or not....That Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter is complete joke.

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsbl...1777#more-1777

MANKATO — Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have not had any contact with the Green Bay Packers about a potential trade involving Brett Favre. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported today that Green Bay officials called the Vikings late last week.

“Bob [Hagan, the Vikings director of public relations] showed me that article last night,” Childress said. “I was in a personnel meeting with Rick [Spielman] and George Paton until 11 o’clock with the coaches. I have a pretty good idea how that [article] went down but you can shape the environment however you want one way or the other. We haven’t had any contact with them.”

Favre has reported to the Packers and, according to reports, will be allowed to challenge Aaron Rodgers for the No. 1 job. The Packers at one point had said Favre would not be welcomed back as their starting quarterback and the veteran then asked for his release with the intention of joining the Vikings.

Childress pointed out the latest article on the situation was written by Bob McGinn, who had reported the Packers had team-issued cell phone records that showed Favre had contact with the Vikings. Green Bay, of course, has filed tampering charges against Minnesota. Since that report, others have said there was no team-issued cell phone.

“My comment would be, I think that’s the same journalist that wrote that there was a cell phone involved that the Packers gave [Favre],” Childress said.

As for Favre reporting to camp and being reinstated, Childress had little reaction. ”I’ve seen it but haven’t had a lot of discretionary time to sit and watch television or sit [in front of the] Internet,” he said.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    For such a dominating secondary as you claim, quarterbacks sure put up solid performances against your defense.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    Calling you a homer isnt childish if its true. What your saying isnt true thats the thing. Just cause you added Jared Allen doesnt mean you have a good pass rush.
    I'm sorry, you're saying that the addition of Jared Allen (Pro Bowler and 2007 NFL sack leader) doesn't give the Vikings a good pass rush? Care to explain that to the rest of us? I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we'd all really be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Well Mr. Poopypants, childish namecalling aside, I think you're wrong. The Dallas D is not the same level as the Vikings. The Vikings not only have the most dominant interior line in the NFL by far, but they have Jared Allen on the end, as well as a rising star in Ray Edwards. The whole 4 wide thing sounds great, but I don't think the Cowboys could pass protect enough to make use of it. Plus the Vikings have backup CB's in their nickle package (Charles Gordon and Marcus McCauley) who would be starting for most teams. Not only that, but Chad Greenway and EJ Henderson are both fantastic linebackers in coverage. We know teams can't run the ball on Minnesota, so they're going to have to pass on every down like last year... only this year, we'll see how well they like doing it against Jared Allen.
    Calling you a homer isnt childish if its true. What your saying isnt true thats the thing. Just cause you added Jared Allen doesnt mean you have a good pass rush. It means you have 1 good pass rusher. Gordon and McCauley would not be starting on any team in the league and EJ Henderson and Greenway are FANTASTIC in coverage??? What games are you watching?

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    lol, god your a homer. Dallas's D is on the same level as the Vikings. Vikings might have a edge in run D but both teams play in a dome so if they met in the playoffs the Cowboys can spread you out 4 wide and pick you apart. The Vikes dont have the receivers to do that. Dallas upgraded the D through the draft and FA just as much as the Vikes. Get over it the Vikes are not the best in the NFC. There arent even the best in the north imo.
    Well Mr. Poopypants, childish namecalling aside, I think you're wrong. The Dallas D is not the same level as the Vikings. The Vikings not only have the most dominant interior line in the NFL by far, but they have Jared Allen on the end, as well as a rising star in Ray Edwards. The whole 4 wide thing sounds great, but I don't think the Cowboys could pass protect enough to make use of it. Plus the Vikings have backup CB's in their nickle package (Charles Gordon and Marcus McCauley) who would be starting for most teams. Not only that, but Chad Greenway and EJ Henderson are both fantastic linebackers in coverage. We know teams can't run the ball on Minnesota, so they're going to have to pass on every down like last year... only this year, we'll see how well they like doing it against Jared Allen.

Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
    Corner?
    Certainly that's arguable but Cederic Griffin and Antoine Winfield are pretty solid corners and aren't Vegas odds favorites to wind up in prison or suspended before the close of the season. (An advantage I would say.) However from an overall secondary perspective, the Vikes definitally have the edge if you factor in Darren Sharper and Madieu Williams, as well as the fact that the Vikes Linebacking corps is better than what Dallas has, and their D-line is lightyears better.

$0.02,

--Z

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    The Vikings defense completely smokes the Dallas defense six ways from Sunday. There isn't any position on their defense to which the Vikings aren't superior, and in most cases, drastically so.
    Corner?

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    You my friend, must be on something.

The Vikings defense completely smokes the Dallas defense six ways from Sunday. There isn't any position on their defense to which the Vikings aren't superior, and in most cases, drastically so.

In addition, with Brett Favre wearing purple, the Cowboys wouldn't hold a candle to the Vikings offense. The Vikes would have a drastically superior running game, better O-line and a better QB. What do the Cowboys have besides Jason Witten and a drama-queen receiver?

$0.02,

--Z
    lol, god your a homer. Dallas's D is on the same level as the Vikings. Vikings might have a edge in run D but both teams play in a dome so if they met in the playoffs the Cowboys can spread you out 4 wide and pick you apart. The Vikes dont have the receivers to do that. Dallas upgraded the D through the draft and FA just as much as the Vikes. Get over it the Vikes are not the best in the NFC. There arent even the best in the north imo.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    Dallas would still be better. Better O and D.
    You my friend, must be on something.

In addition, with Brett Favre wearing purple, the Cowboys wouldn't hold a candle to the Vikings offense. The Vikes would have a drastically superior running game, better O-line and a better QB. What do the Cowboys have besides Jason Witten and a drama-queen receiver?

$0.02,

--Z
    Last edited by ZN0rseman; 08-04-2008, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X