X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Smith
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    It's not a matter of Kevin Smith not having talent or having talent... He carried the ball 450 times last year. I wouldn't even touch Larry Johnson in the first two rounds last year because he had 416 carries. No NFL RB has been in the top 10 in rushing after carrying the ball 385+ times since 1991. Kevin Smith had 65 more carries than that plateau in 2 less games.
    But at the same time Walter, there is also a huge difference in the amount of punishment a RB takes handling the ball 416 times in the NFL as compared to the same amount in college. In College you're going to come across a lot more poor tackling, and less "Powerful" Tacklers that are going to drive you through the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    It's not a matter of Kevin Smith not having talent or having talent... He carried the ball 450 times last year. I wouldn't even touch Larry Johnson in the first two rounds last year because he had 416 carries. No NFL RB has been in the top 10 in rushing after carrying the ball 385+ times since 1991. Kevin Smith had 65 more carries than that plateau in 2 less games.

Leave a comment:

• that1guy54
    replied
    UCF Fan Right Here

Woo-Hoo!!! Go Kevin Smith!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    I like their O-Line to a certain degree. Backus is paid a lot of money but I here he's a mediocre LT. I like him as a pass blocker. Gosder Cherilus will be a stud imo. Their center is pretty good and Jonathan Scott is a great backup. Imo.

I like Kevin Smith. He'll be an ok to good player in this league but must add bulk this offseason, if he hasn't already. All eyes on him in the preseason.

Leave a comment:

• McNulty
    replied
    Kevin Smith is being anointed way too quickly as a fantasy lock.

Everyone said last year that Benson and Thomas Jones were sure-fire fantasy picks and that guys like Brandon Jackson in GB were going to be solid simply because of the lack of competition. Sure, opportunity is half the battle but the other half is a combo of durability and talent and no matter how little competition there is to begin with if a RB isn't getting the job done the team will find someone who will. Not saying that Kevin Smith won't be good, but there is no way he comes anywhere near Marshawn Lynch's numbers (+1100 yards, 7 TD) who is a future stud, had a far better line and is a much more versatile player, and in many mags, websites, threads etc. Smith is being treated as a top 20, top 25 back.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Shockey was a real nice pick late.

I really like your first few picks Walter. Agreed that Ward was your worst pick, but you didn't have many other options. Pierre Thomas was a very interesting pick. It could really pay off, certainly worth the gamble.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    I think you picked a def a little to early, I'm not a fan of taking a backup TE either, and suprised with the amount of late round rookie WRs you took but all-in-all think you have a decently solid team Walt

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    I could see Smith failing from the beginning there. The fact is that that offensive line doesn't run block too well at all.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    You say that just because he had a lot of carries last year. I understand the logic, but he has no competition in the Lions backfield. I expect him to at least be very productive for the first 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Kevin Smith will suck this year.

My worst pick was Hines Ward.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Dwayne Bowe over Greg Jennings, Roddy White, Kevin Smith, and Thomas Jones? I don't know about that one.

Can't disagree with your first 4 picks.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    started a topic Fantasy Experts Draft - Complete

Fantasy Experts Draft - Complete

You guys know I took Westbrook first. Here's the rest of the draft. Other teams in this league include Rotoworld and FFToolbox.

http://walterfootball.com/fantasy2008draftexperts.php
Working...
X