Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a thought: Packers trade Rodgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I know they've committed to Rodgers, but lets be honest, this is a business in which guys are cut daily with no warning or compensation. Trading a guy you've already told would be your starter wouldn't exactly be unprecedented. They've got Brohm on the roster, and let's face it, save one 2nd half against Dallas, Rodgers' experience isn't much more than Brohm's. I say roll the dice. Welcome Favre back, trade Rodgers to a team needing a QB, even if it's Chicago or Minnesota, let Favre play out his contract, and the The Brohm Era begins. Green Bay is built to win now, and I think Favre still gives them the best chance to do so. Rodgers is an unproven commodity. He could conceivably come in and stink up the joint while Favre leads Tampa Bay deep into the playoffs. It's a risk, but I think it's one worth considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
      I've been thinking about this for awhile. I know they've committed to Rodgers, but lets be honest, this is a business in which guys are cut daily with no warning or compensation. Trading a guy you've already told would be your starter wouldn't exactly be unprecedented. They've got Brohm on the roster, and let's face it, save one 2nd half against Dallas, Rodgers' experience isn't much more than Brohm's. I say roll the dice. Welcome Favre back, trade Rodgers to a team needing a QB, even if it's Chicago or Minnesota, let Favre play out his contract, and the The Brohm Era begins. Green Bay is built to win now, and I think Favre still gives them the best chance to do so. Rodgers is an unproven commodity. He could conceivably come in and stink up the joint while Favre leads Tampa Bay deep into the playoffs. It's a risk, but I think it's one worth considering.
      Are you serious? They are the youngest team in the NFL.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Not saying they aren't built for the future as well, but they went 13-3 last year and went to the NFC Championship. Why would they want to take a chance on playing with essentially a Rookie at QB? Look at Minnesota. They have plenty of talent everywhere but QB, and they didn't make the playoffs. If Rodgers ends up being a bust, they won't make the playoffs either. They know what they have in Favre, I think they should let it ride one more year.

Comment

Green Bay's fans are going to ruin Rodgers confidence and make it almost impossible for him to succeed. Constantly getting booed and people chanting "We want Brett" is going to get to him.

Comment

Nobody ever wants to be the guy after THE GUY. That's why Brohm will be the QB to lead GB to the promised land.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers will do just fine now that he doesn't have to look at Brett Favre over his shoulder.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

For his sake I hope you are right, even though the "We Want Brett" chants will undoubtedly start with his first Interception.

Comment

I don't understand how you can say "we want brett" if he is somewhere else and has a 0% chance of playing for you.

Thats like me going outside right now and yelling "Where the **** is my Mitsubishi Lancer Evo!!!!!"

More like "we want brohm."
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

You don't think that if Rodgers is a bust, they may be a little peeved with the team brass for trading Favre away? If Brett had retired, and stayed retired, it would have been different, but they'll always be a group that will feel they could've had another season or two with Brett, and the Packers chose Rodgers over him. God help them if The Jets put together any kind of a decent season and The Packers faulter. The Cheeseheads will be burning McCarthy in effigy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                      You don't think that if Rodgers is a bust, they may be a little peeved with the team brass for trading Favre away? If Brett had retired, and stayed retired, it would have been different, but they'll always be a group that will feel they could've had another season or two with Brett, and the Packers chose Rodgers over him. God help them if The Jets put together any kind of a decent season and The Packers faulter. The Cheeseheads will be burning McCarthy in effigy.
                      No, because then it's Matt Flynn time mo****as.

Comment

Working...
                      X