Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings Not Guilty of Tampering with Favre...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings Not Guilty of Tampering with Favre...

From PFT...

NO TAMPERING PENALTY FOR VIKINGS
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2008, 4:01 p.m.
    Though it’s unclear where this new was first reported (we think it was Sirius NFL Radio), Adam Schefter of NFL Network confirms that the “Minneapolis” (thanks, Greta) Vikings won’t be punished for allegedly tampering with Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

The Packers made the charge last month based on their belief that Favre had excessive communications with Vikings offensive coordinator Darell Bevell, who previously was Favre’s quarterbacks coach in Green Bay.

Favre recently admitted that he talked both to Bevell and to Vikings head coach Brad Childress, but Favre denied that they enticed him to play for the Vikings.

And thus the clusterfudge that is the Packers organization looks foolish yet again in this protracted string of gaffes and embarrassments.

UPDATE: Here’s what the Packers have to say about the situation, “Based on the information that we had, the Packers thought it was appropriate to bring this matter to the league’s attention. We respect the Commissioner’s investigation of this matter and we now consider it closed.”

Also from IVF's post...

NFL: Vikings did not tamper
    http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1778

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell ruled this afternoon that the Vikings did not tamper with Brett Favre as the Packers claimed. The NFL has been investigating the claim for more than a week.

In his letter to the Packers and Vikings, Goodell said that, while those involved acknowledged conversations between Brett Favre and Vikings coaches, “None of those conversations suggest that Favre was soliciting a job or that other teams were soliciting his services.”

The Packers also issued a statement that read: “Based on the information that we had, the Packers thought it was appropriate to bring this matter to the league’s attention. We respect the Commissioner’s investigation of this matter and we now consider it closed.”

The Packers had alleged the Vikings tampered with Favre by having inappropriate dialogue with the quarterback, who wanted his release from Green Bay and wanted to play for the Vikings. Favre is good friends with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, his former position coach in Green Bay, and also knows Vikings coach Brad Childress.

----------------------------------------

Can anyone believe anything that the Packers front office says at this point? Seriously. I have a lot of respect for the organization, but the front office has bungled the Brett Favre situation from the begining, and right now they are making themselves out to be dishonest villans in the public eye. I mean, there is a lawndry list of statements and press releases that have turned out to be absolutely false.

Packers said: Favre will not be traded.
    The Truth is: Favre was widely available for trade.

Packers said: Favre is welcome back only as a backup.
    The Truth is: They cannot keep him as a backup.

Packers said: Vikings tampered with Favre.
    The Truth is: There was no tampering.

Packers said: Favre is welcome in camp.
    The Truth is: Favre is not welcome in camp.

Packers said: We'll welcome Favre back to the team with open arms.
    The Truth is: They tried to bribe him with 25 million dollars not to come back.

Packers said: Rogers is the starting QB, period.
    The Truth is: There is a QB compeition???

Packers said: Favre will not be traded to NFC North team.
    The Truth is: Favre is available to NFC North teams via trade.

Packers said: We've opened trade discussions with the Vikings.
    The Truth is: The Packers have not contacted the Vikings about a trade.

Anyone else see a pattern here?
    Last edited by ZN0rseman; 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM.
    sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1778

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell ruled this afternoon that the Vikings did not tamper with Brett Favre as the Packers claimed. The NFL has been investigating the claim for more than a week.

In his letter to the Packers and Vikings, Goodell said that, while those involved acknowledged conversations between Brett Favre and Vikings coaches, “None of those conversations suggest that Favre was soliciting a job or that other teams were soliciting his services.”

The Packers also issued a statement that read: “Based on the information that we had, the Packers thought it was appropriate to bring this matter to the league’s attention. We respect the Commissioner’s investigation of this matter and we now consider it closed.”

The Packers had alleged the Vikings tampered with Favre by having inappropriate dialogue with the quarterback, who wanted his release from Green Bay and wanted to play for the Vikings. Favre is good friends with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, his former position coach in Green Bay, and also knows Vikings coach Brad Childress.
    Last edited by starqb14; 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Whoops, yours beat mine by one minute. One of the mods needs to merge the threads or something.

Comment

Mergered
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

You can’t defend Bret Favre on this one though Z. After he retired, they asked him again later, and again he said he said he was retired. This is after what he pulled the last couple of years. Now, he says he says he only wants to play for their division rival if not them. That’s BS.

Comment

Working...
          X