Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football: Rookie Drafts - Who is the second player of the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football: Rookie Drafts - Who is the second player of the board?

The extremely long thread title basically explains it all. I'm sure that most of you are part of keeper drafts and are going to be wondering the same thing. Most leagues will see Run DMC, Darren McFadden go at #1 not because he is necessarily a lock to be the next Adrian Peterson but simply because, A) he is so ****ing fun to watch that it would be awesome to be able to cheer for him B) how stupid would you look if you passed on him and he did in fact look like the second coming of All Day.

So, if this is the case and D-Mac is the first pick, who is the second?

Personally, it comes to down to 3 players: Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall and Matt Ryan.

I absolutely loved Stewart and Mendenhall. I was far more of a fan of these two last year than D-Mac. Stewart looks like prototypical workhorse back who could run for over a thousand for a decade and is a heavy favorite to be the most productive rookie back in 2008. There is a growing contingent however who believe that down the road the best back of the 2008 class will not be named Stewart or McFadden, but Mendenhall. He's probably the most all-around 3 down back in the draft and has an awesome blend of speed, size, power and soft hands. Both Stewart and Mendenhall are part of franchises known for their dedication to running the football and both look like they have fallen into perfect situations. Matt Ryan is the messiah of a franchise and not only figures to get the most PT of any rookie QB but also is the most blue-chip in the long run as well.

In my own keeper draft, where I coincidentally have the 2nd pick in the rookie draft, I'm ancient at QB (Favre, Hasselbeck, Pennington, Quinn) and aging at WR (Moss, S. Smith, Coles, Rice) and young and talented at RB (Maroney, Bush, Graham, S. Young) and set for the time being at TE (Shockey, Olsen, Royal). Since there is no way I'm going to select a WR with #2 part of me is screaming to nab Matt Ryan but despite my relative talent, depth and youth at RB I think I'm going to play it relatively safe and grab Jonathan Stewart. Stupid move? Should I trade back a spot or two, pick up a younger QB or WR, and just select whoever is left out of those 4?
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

I would go with Stewart, I don't like rookie QB in fantasy ever so Ryan would not be even a thought in my mind
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Matt Forte will be the sole starter for the Bears so Id take him.
      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I'd rank them as:

1. Jonathan Stewart
        2. Matt Forte
        3. Rashard Mendenhall
        4. Matt Ryan
        5. Darren McFadden
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

By the way your team looks you have talent and youth but uncertainty for overall production at RB. QB is shady but Quinn could be your answer.

If I were in your shoes I'd go Stewart because Quinn has talent all around him but if you think Derek Anderson will be "The Guy" in Cleveland go 100% Matt. He has talent all around him (Turner, White, Robinson) and has a bright future.

Comment

What's so great about Rashard Mendenhall? His O-line is awful.

Comment

I think Matt Ryan can be a star if Atlanta builds a good situation around him. He was a stupid pick, but Matt Ryan reminds me of the young Brett Favre. If Sam Baker turns out to be a good left tackle, he could quickly become a big player.
              It seems to me everyone is expecting Ryan to be a bust, and now I'm starting to think he can become a great one. He's got the arm.
              This is my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                What's so great about Rashard Mendenhall? His O-line is awful.
                What's so great about Mendenhall?

5'11 230
                Unofficial 4.37 40
                Combine 40 of 4.45 (6th amongst RB's)
                26 Reps of 225 (3rd)
                4.18 Shuttle (1st)

2007 Big Ten MVP

This isn't necessarily about who will produce this year, this is a keeper league, and Pittsburgh will not have a sub-par run game for long.

I think a lot of teams are going to regret letting this guy slip to so far in the first round. Was probably the most underrated player in the nation last year and was an absolute steal at 23.
                Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

I can find a running back anywhere. I wouldn't waste a pick on a 1 year wonder either.

Comment

Working...
                  X