• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn Ticker: Favre A Buccaneer

Just saw it on the ticker when I was working out.....OH MY GOD

Reported per Tampa Tribune:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...-joining-bucs/
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 08-06-2008, 12:47 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Just checked ESPN... still says he's possibly considering Tampa Bay. Are you sure? And is your heart okay?

Comment

Yes I'm sure it was on the ticker and I have the link up there to prove it per TT.

It's true. Tampa has Favre. I don't know if he can learn the offense. I'm worried and SHOCKED.

Comment

Hey Matt, can you smell it?

*sniff* *sniff*

Super BOWL

Comment

lol I don't know if he can develop the chemistry offensively. But the Bucs offense finally has an arm that we have never had in the the history of our franchise.

Comment

I tell you what I can smell...I TOLD EVERYONE TAMPA WAS THE ONLY TRADING POSSIBILITY AND BOOM.

Keep doubting me. I love it.

Comment

Gruden + Crusty Old White QBs = Success FTW. Does Rich Gannon ring a bell? I don't think learning the offense should be an issue, and Tampa's defense is good enough to keep them in games if Favre should return to 2005 form. Even then, Tampa Bay is pretty lax with its passing game and most of its quarterbacks are pretty successful with lesser arms (Brad Johnson). So, Favre + Cannon Arm + Old Crusty White QB Mentor = Guaranteed Own. This should really make the run game more potent now that the whole division is shaking in fear.

Comment

Wasn't I just telling you a moment ago that TB was the only option?

This by no means even makes you a lock to win the division. I really think NO is going to be really good this year.

INT MACHINE TO TAMPA!

Comment

I predicted Super Bowl for Tampa. Now it will be a lot closer to a sure thing.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                  Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    Wasn't I just telling you a moment ago that TB was the only option?

This by no means even makes you a lock to win the division. I really think NO is going to be really good this year.

INT MACHINE TO TAMPA!
                    INT Machine but also a TD machine.

Jon Gruden is the best offensive coach Favre has had since Holmgren...easily. I think he will cut down on the INTs a little bit.

Comment

If Brett Favre can't torch the division, then no one can. I remember watching Jeff Garcia tear NO's secondary to shreds (though now it's a lot better, to be honest Atlanta's is probably worse at this point), and he isn't known for a cannon arm. Not to mention, the weather is nice too.

Comment

TB vs GB week four....That outta be good.

Comment

Favre 2 Galloway could be ****ing deadly. And if Clayton plays as well as he has this offseason...wow.

OMG OMG OMG BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE!!!!

(his wife is hot fwiw)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            INT Machine but also a TD machine.

Jon Gruden is the best offensive coach Favre has had since Holmgren...easily. I think he will cut down on the INTs a little bit.

What will Gruden's reaction be when Favre makes makes a bad INT? Will he treat him like every other QB or will he treat him like a future hall of famer? Favre and Gruden have totally different personalities....Favre likes to have fun, Gruden is insense. You think they will be able to co-exist?

And what happens to Jeff Garcia now?

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                              What will Gruden's reaction be when Favre makes makes a bad INT? Will he treat him like every other QB or will he treat him like a future hall of famer? Favre and Gruden have totally different personalities....Favre likes to have fun, Gruden is insense. You think they will be able to co-exist?

And what happens to Jeff Garcia now?
                              1. Probably the same way Holmgren treated Favre. He'll be strict, but he will take the good with the bad.

This is the best QB Gruden will probably ever coach. I think he will be ok.

2. Jeff Garcia has an injured calf and will miss week 1 of preseason, I think this triggered Bruce Allen to pull the deal for Favre.

Not sure what Jeff will do. Maybe he was involved in the trade, but I have no idea. I am very very comfortable with Luke McCown as a backup.

Comment

Working...
                              X