Brett Favre Traded to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    You would not be in the playoffs without Joe Gibbs. If Jim Zorn was the coach when Sean Taylor died, he would have said, 'We're still recovering from the loss of Tan Seanlor."

Answer me this, because no Redskins fan can, who is your LE?
    I'll give you that. Joe Gibbs was the perfect guy for last season to deal with the Sean Taylor loss, but that was last year. As long as nobody dies this year, I'd rather have Jim Zorn than Joe Gibbs any day, and I know for a fact many, many other Redskins fans would too. The only ones that would prefer Gibbs are the ones that refuse to admit he isn't as good as he was 20 years ago.

Andre Carter is playing LE and Taylor is playing RE. At least that's what they said last week. Why does that matter? Andre Carter was exceptional last year despite the fact that he had Phillip Daniels on the other side. Daniels could not have been a bigger waste of space.

Comment

• Brett Favre will remain in a Packers, not Jets uniform on the cover of Madden 09.
      Perhaps this will allow Favre to avoid the Madden curse. EA Sports will release a free downloadable cover of Favre in a Jets uniform, but he'll be a Green Bay Packer on the version in stores.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

Comment

• Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
        You would not be in the playoffs without Joe Gibbs. If Jim Zorn was the coach when Sean Taylor died, he would have said, 'We're still recovering from the loss of Tan Seanlor."

Answer me this, because no Redskins fan can, who is your LE?
        Jason Taylor

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
        HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyanz43 View Post
          I'll give you that. Joe Gibbs was the perfect guy for last season to deal with the Sean Taylor loss, but that was last year. As long as nobody dies this year, I'd rather have Jim Zorn than Joe Gibbs any day, and I know for a fact many, many other Redskins fans would too. The only ones that would prefer Gibbs are the ones that refuse to admit he isn't as good as he was 20 years ago.

Andre Carter is playing LE and Taylor is playing RE. At least that's what they said last week. Why does that matter? Andre Carter was exceptional last year despite the fact that he had Phillip Daniels on the other side. Daniels could not have been a bigger waste of space.
          Where did you hear this? Andre Carter took all his reps at RE at training camp. Regardless, both are talented enough to play either side.

EDIT: Why would you rather have a coach who has never been a coordinator, let alone a head coach in the NFL over a three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame coach? That makes no sense.
          Last edited by MMONTERO; 08-07-2008, 07:14 PM.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

• Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
            Where did you hear this? Andre Carter took all his reps at RE at training camp. Regardless, both are talented enough to play either side.

EDIT: Why would you rather have a coach who has never been a coordinator, let alone a head coach in the NFL over a three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame coach? That makes no sense.
            Actually, you're right. I thought I read it somewhere on the website a week ago, but after double checking I'm completely wrong. My bad.

Because, like I said, Joe Gibbs isn't the right coach for this era. This isn't the 80's. His playcalling has always pissed me off. Look at what Jim Zorn did to Matt Hasselbeck, a 6th round pick. We need someone to develop Campbell, not someone who wants to run the ball all the time. Gibbs was the right coach for dealing with last season's tragedy, but not anymore.

Comment

• Reading through the thread, I'm in agreement with the consensus in that this move by Favre to the Jets is a huge mistake, especially entering the last year or two of his playing career. But I'm not as angry about it as some of you are and I'm well aware this was not entirely his doing. It was more or less Favre just going along with the idea for the sake of playing and showing Thompson and McCarthy they made a mistake by trading him and going with the young dude with all of 59 pass attempts in his career.

The reason Favre wound up going to the Jets is due to the fact the Packers gave the Jets a deadline to come up with a deal, otherwise they would have traded Favre to Tampa Bay. At the midnight hour, they came up with the conditional 4th, which is something Tampa Bay wouldn't have done. Had the Jets not acted, Favre would be in Tampa Bay. I for one would rather have seen Favre go to Minnesota because that week one game between Minnesota and Green Bay would have been epic.

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are going to find they made a grave mistake going with Rodgers with a team primed for a Super Bowl run. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run out of town at season's end by the team, who are publicly owned.
              sigpic
              'GRD Vypers' ready to roll in '08!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyanz43 View Post
                Actually, you're right. I thought I read it somewhere on the website a week ago, but after double checking I'm completely wrong. My bad.

Because, like I said, Joe Gibbs isn't the right coach for this era. This isn't the 80's. His playcalling has always pissed me off. Look at what Jim Zorn did to Matt Hasselbeck, a 6th round pick. We need someone to develop Campbell, not someone who wants to run the ball all the time. Gibbs was the right coach for dealing with last season's tragedy, but not anymore.
                The game hasn't changed as much as the hype. It's become slightly more of a passing league but deep passes were always important for game changing momentum. The science of football is still the same. Solid running to keep the pressure off the quarterback and brutal defensive play wins championships.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

• who is this brett favre that everybody's talking about? never heard of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                    who is this brett favre that everybody's talking about? never heard of him.
                    Favre is French for Ratliff.

Comment

• lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZZUPLl5zI

Comment

Working...
                      X