No announcement yet.

Brett Favre Traded to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor has it that team owner Woody Johnson really wanted Favre so there would be lots of excitement over the Jets so fans would have an easier time swallowing the PSLs for the new stadium for 2010. Not saying this was the only reason but a big reason the owner wanted Favre.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

The compensation kinda sucks but could have been worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        So what are the odds that Favre was going to be traded to Indy or New England?
        Here's the real answer: What if Peyton Manning and Tom Brady simultaneously die?

Comment

wow, way to kill your last year of playing.

Comment

I kind of hope he wins the Super Bowl since you're all like, "Boo-hoo... JETS SUCK! J-E-T-S SUCK!"

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
              I kind of hope he wins the Super Bowl since you're all like, "Boo-hoo... JETS SUCK! J-E-T-S SUCK!"
              Me too

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                Now do you guys believe me they were after Joe Flacco?
                I don't think they were. I think this was less "Well, we've always needed a QB" than it was "HOLY CRAP LOOK WHO JUST ENTERED THE MARKET."
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Now I hate the JETS even more.

All we can hope for now is the Madden Curse to kick into overdrive and take Favre out in the first play from scrimmage in week 1.

Seriously though, I don't see how this benefits a team like the Jets long-term. Clemens is hopefully their QB of the future and now they have this pick-throwing dinosaur who doesn't know the offense who will last 1 season at the most.

Question for you all:
                  What does this do to his fantasy value? As the Jets are run-first, I'm going with a bye-week option.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                    Now I hate the JETS even more.

All we can hope for now is the Madden Curse to kick into overdrive and take Favre out in the first play from scrimmage in week 1.

Seriously though, I don't see how this benefits a team like the Jets long-term. Clemens is hopefully their QB of the future and now they have this pick-throwing dinosaur who doesn't know the offense who will last 1 season at the most.

Question for you all:
                    What does this do to his fantasy value? As the Jets are run-first, I'm going with a bye-week option.
                    Thank you. I agree.

Comment

I think if the coaches don't like what they have seen in the offseason with Clemens, then pulling the trigger on Favre is understandable.

I highly disagree with it because they are still not a playoff team.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

sounds like Matt's upset Brett's not a Buc.

Well, Saints win the NFC South, not that I didn't think they were going to anyways.
                        This is my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by supremeworldemperor View Post
                          sounds like Matt's upset Brett's not a Buc.

Well, Saints win the NFC South.
                          I'm not upset he's not a Buc. I'm just upset he's an idiot and again I get proven wrong after saying the only real trading partner is Tampa.....grrrrrr
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I think if the coaches don't like what they have seen in the offseason with Clemens, then pulling the trigger on Favre is understandable.

I highly disagree with it because they are still not a playoff team.
                            The big knock on Clemens in camp is he gets flustered easily in the pocket and makes some poor decisions which has lead to a good amount of INTs in camp. But the potential is there. In my opinion Favre doesn't care about mentoring young players and the FO is giving up on Clemens.

If Favre doesn't get the Jets to the playoffs it was a stupid trade.

Comment

I'm just glad all this sh!t is over.
                              This is my signature.

Comment

I'm not upset he's not a Buc. I'm just upset he's an idiot and again I get proven wrong after saying the only real trading partner is Tampa.....grrrrrr
                                You hate being wrong don't you? Just like when you said you would own me in the NBA Mock competion and I owned you.

Comment

Working...
                                X