Where is Pennington Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Pennington Going?

Since the Jets got Favre. One can only guess Pennington is gonna get cut over Clemens because the Jets need $$ for Favre and Pennington is older and overpaid. So he is a likely gonner.

So Minnesota? Kansas City with Herm? Maybe Washington as a backup I dunno every old guy past their prime seem to go there?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Who cares? Pennington is an ok backup.

I don't get how the Jets could make this happen. They are a projected $1.8M over the salary cap and just took on the salary of a $12M contract.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

in the words of Emperor Kuzco, "hmmm... don't know, don't care."
      This is my signature.

Comment

Vikings.

Comment

I doubt the Vikings would bring him in. I guess, they possibly could, he is probably an upgrade over Frerotte. I wouldn't mind him as a backup.

Comment

I don't think he is that much better than Frerotte or the potential in JD Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              I don't think he is that much better than Frerotte or the potential in JD Booty.
              The Defenses will still stack 8 in the box if Chad is QB. He really really really hurts the running game.

Comment

Yeah, scratch that...I don't want him.

Comment

Has Pennington's arm strength really diminished that much? It's never been that good but he used to be a pretty good QB. I think he had a 105 QB rating one year.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    Has Pennington's arm strength really diminished that much? It's never been that good but he used to be a pretty good QB. I think he had a 105 QB rating one year.
                    QB rating is such a flawed statistic. I have seen players with a 130 QB rating but had a ****ty game, and QBs have a 70 QB rating and have an amazing game. It's a dumb statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      QB rating is such a flawed statistic. I have seen players with a 130 QB rating but had a ****ty game, and QBs have a 70 QB rating and have an amazing game. It's a dumb statistic.
                      Yea Chad will go 20/25 for like 155 yrd 1 TD and 0 INT and have like a 95 rating for such a mediocre game.

Comment

I see Miami, Kansas City, or Minnesota. Three teams in need of a QB.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                          I see Miami, Kansas City, or Minnesota. Three teams in need of a QB.
                          How is Pennington an upgrade over McCown? They just drafted Henne...no chance to Miami.

More attractive backups are Brian Griese and Chris Simms. Much better arms.

Comment

Schefter (on NFLN ticker) says Pennington expected to be released.

Comment

I really don't care if the Vikings get him. It would be pretty much pointless since he is only a slight upgrade over Gus.

Watch, ZNorseman will be on here tomorrow saying how much he wants Chad Pennington.

Comment

Working...
                              X