Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Pennington Going?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    I really don't care if the Vikings get him. It would be pretty much pointless since he is only a slight upgrade over Gus.

    Watch, ZNorseman will be on here tomorrow saying how much he wants Chad Pennington.
    Seriously, Jackson sucks dude... I bet I could name 50 QB's in the league I'd rather have starting for the Vikings over him, and that list includes Chad Pennington.
    sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

    Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
      Seriously, Jackson sucks dude... I bet I could name 50 QB's in the league I'd rather have starting for the Vikings over him, and that list includes Chad Pennington.
      Norseman, would you rather have Dan Orlovsky?

      Comment


      • #18
        Nevermind, don't even answer that question. You have lost what little credibility you had after saying there was a 98% chance Favre would be a Viking, and that Steve Smith was mentally weak.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
          Nevermind, don't even answer that question. You have lost what little credibility you had after saying there was a 98% chance Favre would be a Viking, and that Steve Smith was mentally weak.
          Yeah the 98% chance thing was a little silly.

          "But ZNorsman why would the Packers trade Favre within their own division?"
          "Well it's simple, Brett Favre is a quarterback and the Vikings are a team."
          Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 08-07-2008, 01:00 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            He isn't an upgrade over the others Matt. But he could help teach the young guys for a year or so. Plus on the free agent market he wont cost as much.
            Last edited by Joey_Potter; 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

            Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
              He isn't an upgrade over the others Matt. But he could help teach the young guys for a year or so. Plus on the free agent market he wont cost as much.
              Coaches can teach the young guys. Plus I don't know what a ****ty QB can teach. Watch the defense put 9 in the box? I don't see what you are learning when your team loses because Pennington is the starter.

              He won't cost as much, but I still don't see him as anything other than an average backup. I bet the Colts give him a looksie.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

              Comment


              • #22
                I honestly think that he might just never get signed because no team really needs him and his asking price will probably too high for what they'd like.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                  I honestly think that he might just never get signed because no team really needs him and his asking price will probably too high for what they'd like.
                  He'll play for the minimum for someone as a 3rd stringer. If Shane Boyd can make an NFL team, so can Chad Pennington.

                  Wouldn't shock me if Tampa signed him quite honestly.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                  Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    He'll play for the minimum for someone as a 3rd stringer. If Shane Boyd can make an NFL team, so can Chad Pennington.

                    Wouldn't shock me if Tampa signed him quite honestly.
                    Is Shane Boyd that guy off of the movie, "The Replacements?"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                      Is Shane Boyd that guy off of the movie, "The Replacements?"
                      Shane Falco

                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator




                      Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Not to mention the guy is extremely injury prone. He'll most likely sign with Tampa, we all know Gruden has some weird infatuation with old QB's with no arms.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Coaches can teach the young guys. Plus I don't know what a ****ty QB can teach. Watch the defense put 9 in the box? I don't see what you are learning when your team loses because Pennington is the starter.

                          He won't cost as much, but I still don't see him as anything other than an average backup. I bet the Colts give him a looksie.
                          Fundamentals. Teach them from his experiences. A mentor many times is a lot better than a coach and other times they are a perfect compliment.

                          Don't make me bring up the Ken Dorsey and Trent Dilfer argument again. I have used it so many times that no matter how true, and great it is, the argument gets boring.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

                          Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Well, if a quarterback is on the market you have to consider the Bucs making a move for him, right?
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think he could feasibly end up in Kansas City or Atlanta (as a backup in both cases).


                              R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                              HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Patriots. Just to piss off the Jets and get the playbook. I don’t think Chad would do it though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X