Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I honestly think that he might just never get signed because no team really needs him and his asking price will probably too high for what they'd like.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    He isn't an upgrade over the others Matt. But he could help teach the young guys for a year or so. Plus on the free agent market he wont cost as much.
    Coaches can teach the young guys. Plus I don't know what a ****ty QB can teach. Watch the defense put 9 in the box? I don't see what you are learning when your team loses because Pennington is the starter.

He won't cost as much, but I still don't see him as anything other than an average backup. I bet the Colts give him a looksie.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    He isn't an upgrade over the others Matt. But he could help teach the young guys for a year or so. Plus on the free agent market he wont cost as much.
    Last edited by Joey_Potter; 08-07-2008, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    Nevermind, don't even answer that question. You have lost what little credibility you had after saying there was a 98% chance Favre would be a Viking, and that Steve Smith was mentally weak.
    Yeah the 98% chance thing was a little silly.

"But ZNorsman why would the Packers trade Favre within their own division?"
    "Well it's simple, Brett Favre is a quarterback and the Vikings are a team."
    Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 08-07-2008, 02:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Nevermind, don't even answer that question. You have lost what little credibility you had after saying there was a 98% chance Favre would be a Viking, and that Steve Smith was mentally weak.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Seriously, Jackson sucks dude... I bet I could name 50 QB's in the league I'd rather have starting for the Vikings over him, and that list includes Chad Pennington.
    Norseman, would you rather have Dan Orlovsky?

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    I really don't care if the Vikings get him. It would be pretty much pointless since he is only a slight upgrade over Gus.

Watch, ZNorseman will be on here tomorrow saying how much he wants Chad Pennington.
    Seriously, Jackson sucks dude... I bet I could name 50 QB's in the league I'd rather have starting for the Vikings over him, and that list includes Chad Pennington.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    I really don't care if the Vikings get him. It would be pretty much pointless since he is only a slight upgrade over Gus.

Watch, ZNorseman will be on here tomorrow saying how much he wants Chad Pennington.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Schefter (on NFLN ticker) says Pennington expected to be released.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    I see Miami, Kansas City, or Minnesota. Three teams in need of a QB.
    How is Pennington an upgrade over McCown? They just drafted Henne...no chance to Miami.

More attractive backups are Brian Griese and Chris Simms. Much better arms.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    I see Miami, Kansas City, or Minnesota. Three teams in need of a QB.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    QB rating is such a flawed statistic. I have seen players with a 130 QB rating but had a ****ty game, and QBs have a 70 QB rating and have an amazing game. It's a dumb statistic.
    Yea Chad will go 20/25 for like 155 yrd 1 TD and 0 INT and have like a 95 rating for such a mediocre game.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Has Pennington's arm strength really diminished that much? It's never been that good but he used to be a pretty good QB. I think he had a 105 QB rating one year.
    QB rating is such a flawed statistic. I have seen players with a 130 QB rating but had a ****ty game, and QBs have a 70 QB rating and have an amazing game. It's a dumb statistic.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Has Pennington's arm strength really diminished that much? It's never been that good but he used to be a pretty good QB. I think he had a 105 QB rating one year.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Yeah, scratch that...I don't want him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X