Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRICKaz
    replied
    The only difference Isee is that Henne can get rid of the ball quickly on a good day. Carr never could

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Henne reminds me of David Carr.

Looks really good in shorts (both had "great" Senior Bowls) but in games they break down.

Leave a comment:

• TRICKaz
    replied
    I agree with Matt. Henne is a bust just because of his brain. He kind of reminds me of Jake Delhomme. If he played like he did against Florida he would've been the number 1 pick

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Just because he plays behind Pennington that doesn't necessarilly mean Henne will be that much of a better QB. He didn't do much in college, and he won't do much in the NFL.

I don't care if he plays behind Joe Montana, Chad Henne is going to bust.

Leave a comment:

• EthnicFootball59
    replied
    But hey, Pennington can move the chains. A four yard pass on first down is still a four yard gain. Who cares if he has only like 10 yards a completion at most if they eat the clock and march down the field? I like Pennington, but I don't know if he himself will make the Dolphins much better.

At least Henne can learn from the guy about not throwing stupid picks.

Leave a comment:

• EthnicFootball59
    replied
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...ong-balls.html

Interesting tidbit on ESPN.com. Anyway, I don't get why Parcells would deal for Pennington if his team has been telegraphing for months that they'd depend heavily on the run. Signing Pennington basically tells teams to stack the box and completely ignore the man. However, the Dolphin's line isn't bad at run blocking, and their pass protection isn't as bad as everyone thinks. I think their tackles are solid and their only major issues are interior line, though Samson Satele is solid.

Regardless, Pennington's got a lot of work set ahead for him if he wants to make the Phin's aerial attack respectable. It's probably going to be a lot of checkdowns and short passes for the lot of you.

Leave a comment:

• TRICKaz
    replied
    Kinda seems like Parcells has lost his touch a bit. I thought Chad P would be the Sean Alexander of QBs

Leave a comment:

• TRICKaz
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Okay, so you've compelled me to do it then... 50 NFL QB's I'd rather have starting for my team than Tavaris Jackson.

In no particular order...
    QB's Who Are Better Than Tavaris Jackson
    1 Tom Brady
    2 Peyton Manning
    3 Carson Palmer
    4 Ben Rothlisberger
    5 Drew Brees
    6 Tony Romo
    7 Brett Favre
    8 Philip Rivers
    9 David Garrard
    10 Jay Cutler
    11 Matt Schaub
    12 Marc Bulger
    13 Matt Hasselbeck
    14 Aaron Rodgers
    15 Jon Kitna
    16 Eli Manning
    17 Brady Quinn
    18 Derek Anderson
    19 Jeff Garcia
    20 Jason Campbell
    21 Jake Delhomme
    22 Sage Rosenfels
    23 Kurt Warner
    24 Matt Leinart
    25 Donovan McNabb
    26 Seneca Wallace
    27 Chad Pennington
    28 Brooks Bolllinger
    29 Gus Ferrotte
    30 Todd Collins
    31 Alex Smith
    32 Trent Edwards
    33 Kellen Clemmons
    34 Brian Greise
    35 Damon Huard
    36 Brian Brohm
    37 JP Losman
    38 Klye Orton
    39 Rex Grossman
    40 Brodie Croyle
    41 Patrick Ramsey
    42 JaMarcus Russell
    43 Matt Cassell
    44 Chad Henne
    45 Charlie Whitehurst
    46 Drew Stanton
    47 Marc Brunell
    48 Matt Ryan
    49 Erik Ainge
    50 Kyle Boller
    Boller is pretty much Tarvaris Jackson but slow

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Parcells has to one of the dumbest idiots in the league to give Chad Pennington $11M. What a joke.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    I can't believe Pennington got 11M over two years. I didn't think he would even get half of that.
    Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 08-08-2008, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• McWatt
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    Why would anyone want to sign with the Dolphins?
    ****, I'll play for the Dolphins, gimme a contract.

A job's a job. Pennington can't be THAT picky, really, especially if he's apparently the starter-designate in this situation.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Originally posted by McWatt View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3526489

Pennington to Miami, and apparently starting according to ESPN.

Eh, he's an upgrade over McCown. And craploads better than Henne and Beck. Not a horrible signing.
    Why would anyone want to sign with the Dolphins?

Leave a comment:

• McWatt
    replied
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3526489

Pennington to Miami, and apparently starting according to ESPN.

Eh, he's an upgrade over McCown. And craploads better than Henne and Beck. Not a horrible signing.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    First of all, you don't even know how to spell Tarvaris. And what has Brady Quinn done so far in his NFL career to make you say he is better than Jackson? He hasn't even played a snap.

Rex Grossman over Tarvaris Jackson, huh? Never thought I would see that in my lifetime.
    Rex Grossman was an MVP candidate the first half of 06. Jackson has never had a great game let alone great game'S. Jackson is the ugliest QB to watch when he doesnt have all day to through.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    Who are you?

I'm pretty sure ranking Brooks Bollinger and Erik Ainge in the top 50 QB's in the NFL should really eliminate anybody's credibility. The guy also said there was a 98% chance the Vikings get Brett Favre. Nice call.
    Dude, do you even read **** before you react. He explicitly states in the post that the ARE IN NO ORDER! he just came up with 50 guys off the top of his head better than that moron under center in MN.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X