Alex Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Smith

49ers QB Alex Smith is done for the season. Will he be released? or will he do us all a favor and retire?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Lol this helps the 49ers and he only wastes money and a roster spot.

Comment

He can sign with the Vikings next year. He may be able to make Tavaris Jackson look goo....

Wait scratch that. Jackson will make Smith look good. No contest there.

Comment

His career certainly makes Walter feel like Tim Tebow will be a solid NFL QB...owi.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Bigger bust, David Carr or Alex Smith?

Comment

Smith at least Carr teams think may be an ok back Smith I can't see him getting signed if he is released even if he does he won't last long. I see Carr hanging around as a number two for a while

Comment

At least carr led the league in completion percentage one year (70.8 I believe) and had 22 straight completions in a game. What can Smith say? "I've gone a game without an interception!"

It's sad. I had high expectations for him. It's not like the 49ers helped him out all that much. They got lucky (though I called it) with Frank Gore and were banking on Kevin Barlow. Vernon Davis is decent but not 6th overall pick worthy. He's never had any receivers.

Still, he sucks.

Comment

Hell. He played bad in the pre-season with Isaac Bruce. When you're bad, your bad.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Carr had much more hype though and I already failed two different places. Also broke the single season sack record.... oh and that's not a good record for a QB.

Comment

I think David Carr is a bigger bust because he statistically was a much better QB in college and no one doubted him coming out. Everyone thought he was the franchise.

Smith had more doubters. Thus, he's the bigger bust. Plus, at least Carr can try to revive his career in NYG as a solid backup (we will see). While Smith is only 24 years old, he has never shown to do anything in the NFL at all.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Oh I thought this thread was about the tight end. Honestly, is this guy even worth talking about?

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                      HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

If Alex Smith was a year younger, he probably wouldn't have even gone in the first round, let alone 1st overall. His draft class was one of the worst in years, and he gets too much blame thrown his way, as he never should have been a #1 pick to begin with.

I feel bad for Carr in that he was thrust into a terrible situation. He went to an expansion franchise in a city that had recently lost a team and was desperate for football. They proceeded to draft All-World LT Tony Boselli in the expansion draft, even though everyone knew his knee was screwed and he'd never be the same. Carr was installed as the starter from Day 1 with no protection and no weapons, and he still wasn't terrible. He actually beat The Cowboys in The Texans first game. But years of sacks and dropped passes hurt his confidence, and he was soon run out of town. I think Carr still has the tools to be an effective starter in the NFL. Seriously, I can think of at least 3 teams off the top of my head (Vikings, 49ers, Bears) That would probably be better off with Carr at QB that their current starter.

Bottom line. Smith was never that great, but looked better than he was because of the lack of better talent in his class. Carr has all the tools to be successful, and once he gets his confidence back, can be in the right situation.

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                          Oh I thought this thread was about the tight end. Honestly, is this guy even worth talking about?
                          Wow, never heard that one before. seriously.

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                          If Alex Smith was a year younger, he probably wouldn't have even gone in the first round, let alone 1st overall. His draft class was one of the worst in years, and he gets too much blame thrown his way, as he never should have been a #1 pick to begin with.
                          I feel bad for Carr in that he was thrust into a terrible situation. He went to an expansion franchise in a city that had recently lost a team and was desperate for football. They proceeded to draft All-World LT Tony Boselli in the expansion draft, even though everyone knew his knee was screwed and he'd never be the same. Carr was installed as the starter from Day 1 with no protection and no weapons, and he still wasn't terrible. He actually beat The Cowboys in The Texans first game. But years of sacks and dropped passes hurt his confidence, and he was soon run out of town. I think Carr still has the tools to be an effective starter in the NFL. Seriously, I can think of at least 3 teams off the top of my head (Vikings, 49ers, Bears) That would probably be better off with Carr at QB that their current starter.
                          Bottom line. Smith was never that great, but looked better than he was because of the lack of better talent in his class. Carr has all the tools to be successful, and once he gets his confidence back, can be in the right situation.

If he was the #1 overall or the #24, he would still be a bust.

it was Boselli's shoulder that was ****ed, and he still had a decent stint in Texas before hurting it again

Carr is the bigger bust because he was #1 overall legitimately. Nobody said anything negative about that pick. and he sucked. Not all those sacks were his lines fault, he holds the ball far to long in the pocket. still does.

and..... he couldnt play in carolina last year over matt moore. how can you say he should be starting anywhere? Orton > O'sullivan > Jackson = Carr

Agreed he will be a solid backup for a long time due to the lack of QB talent at the NFL level.
                          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Ya, Tony played pretty well with the Texans for a while.

Comment

How can you really judge Alex Smith given he had 4 different o-coordinaters in 4 years? The franchise really sucks and Nolan will get fired after this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X