• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My updated mock draft - Oct. 19

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Two updated mock drafts in one day!
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Walter & Matt, thanks for the mock drafts - I really enjoy them. Even setting aside last night's Rutgers win, I think you might be pegging Ray Rice too late. He's clearly a very strong runner, especially since defenses key on him as Rutgers' primary weapon. In your player analysis, the two knocks against him are his size (he's short) and questions about his receiving ability. He's got 17 receptions so far this season, so it seems like that question should be answered. Below are some stat comparisons between Rice and other top RBs. He stacks up pretty favorably. You follow this stuff more closely than I do, but it seems to me like Rice should be ahead of Choice, Slaton, and Stewart. Also, doesn't Slaton have the same size concerns as Rice?

Rice: Averaging 143 yds/game rushing. 14 TDs total. Averaging 10 yds/reception on 17 receptions this season.
    McFadden: Averaging 137 yds/game rushing. 7 TDs total. Averaging 8 yds/reception on 8 receptions this season.
    Hart: Averaging 154 yds/game rushing. 12 TDs total. Averaging 6 yds/reception on 7 receptions this season.
    Stewart: Averaging 115 yds/game rushing. 5 TDs total. Averaging 3 yds/reception on 9 receptions this season.
    Choice: Averaging 120 yds/game rushing. 6 TDs total. Averaging 9.5 yds/reception on 11 receptions this season.
    Slaton: Averaging 104 yds/game rushing. 9 TDs total. Averaging 15 yds/reception on 12 receptions this season.

Not trying to argue - I just want to hear your thoughts, since you follow this stuff more. Any response appreciated.

Comment

Lab, great point on Rice. I compiled this mock draft prior to the Rutgers game; I just didn't get around to posting it later that night. But you're right, I would definitely have Rice as a first-round prospect right now.

I'm going to fix this.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Loving the Giants draft Walt, good work.

Comment

Thanks Mike
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I don't have anything against Rice. It's just that I'm not sure he will committ. But if he does he might be my 3rd RB off the board. After McFadden and Stewart.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Oct. 19th Mock

I am a diehard Cowboys fan and I am ecstatic to finally see one that addresses its needs with the first three picks. I know it would be good to package their two first rounders for Darren McFadden, but it would hurt us in finding new young studs at CB, WR, and NT. I am also a DeSean Jackson fan, but that is up to Cleveland losing and finishing with a top 10 pick. Thanks for addressing the Cowboys most critical needs and not hopping on the McFadden bandwagon, I believe that Dallas will sort it out and keep Jones and/or Barber and then pick up a free agent or sleeper to groom, but those two are young and complement each other well.

I love the Red Bryant pick in round 2. Early Doucet is a good WR pick in the middle of the first.

Comment

Glad you like the draft, and welcome to the forum, vgardner.

The Cowboys definitely have the ammo to trade up for McFadden. I think that would be worth it, despite sacrificing the needs you mentioned. McFadden is going to be a superstar in the NFL.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I like Choice for the Browns in round 2...IF there is no DT's there that can give the Browns a solid upgrade on the D-Line. Otherwise I would still rather try a Sign and Trade for Turner. If those two choices are gone I like the young RB.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                  Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

By the next draft Ahman Green will be 31 and Ron Dayne 31. The Texans will be in position to draft the #2 running back in the draft... don't you think they'll take it? While Johnson has been out Davis and Walter have stepped up their game, and the Jacoby Jones looked real good last season. I couldn't see them taking a WR.

Comment

I could see either a RB or WR, you do make a great point.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I like Houston's WR's. Andre Johnson would be right up there in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns if he hasn't been injured. Andre Davis looks like a solid number three receiver. Jacoby Jones is still young and has time, and a future. Jerome Mathis hasn't been that great, but he has been injured. Kevin Walter has been a pleasant surprise and looks to be a pretty good number two option. Plus Owen Daniels is the real deal at TE.
                        Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
                        2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
                        2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
                        3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
                        3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
                        4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Owen Daniels sure is the real deal. I'm very impressed with him this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X