Player evaluations of UK/UF game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player evaluations of UK/UF game

Mostly gonna do Florida players here and Derrick Locke since he is getting a lot of publicity lately.

Tim Tebow: A lot of people say think that his mobility limits his success in the NFL as a QB...how? Have you seen him throw the ball. He has a great arm, good touch, and amazing accuracy going deep. However, he has a really slow release (close to Byron Leftwich's), poor footwork in the pocket, and he doesn't see the entire field and locks onto his primary receiver. He is only a sophomore so a lot of his weaknesses will be improved upon. The weapons he has to work with certainly make him look better than what he is, and so does his threat running the football (which won't happen in the NFL). I think Urban Meyer's system ****'s Tebow's chances in the NFL. We are seeing it with Alex Smith now. Not only will Tebow be beat up by the time he gets to the NFL, but I am not so sure if he will be able to run an NFL offense. That all said, I see him committing as a junior next year and being the first QB off the board. Could be the worst QB class ever from a prospect standpoint in the last 10 years.

Percy Harvin: This kid is the real deal. Speed is amazing. Simply runs by everyone and makes it look easy. Good hands, his route running will improve. Legit 4.3 speed. Might committ as a junior.

Derrick Harvey: I love his size, a lot bigger than what I thought (when you see him in person at least). Really athletic, and a natural pass rusher. But he is AWFUL when Kentucky ran at him and he doesn't do a good job of using leverage. Reminds me of DeMarcus Ware. Not going to fit every 3-4 scheme, not as versatile as people think. I say let him put his hand down and rush the passer as a 4-3 RDE.

Andre Caldwell: Had a good game vs. Kentucky, but I'm not sold on him because of how much of a threat Tebow is running the football. Very impressive speed, probably runs in the high 4.3s to low 4.4s. Needs to be more consistent. I still wouldn't take him until round 3 because of his injury history and he is inconsistent.

Brandon Spikes: Kentucky is going to make a lot of MLBs look really bad, but I like this prospect he just needs more experience. Great size and speed. Needs to be a bigger hitter imo.

Tony Joiner: Mid round draft pick, horrible coverage skills from what I saw today. "He is a winner", yeah well so is the 4th string QB on Florida's team right now. Not very impressive prospect and Jacob Tamme absolutely made him look silly today.

Derrick Locke (Kentucky): might be Kentucky's 2nd best RB behind Rafael Little. Runs track. Amazing athlete, really explosive. I'd like to see him gain 15-20 pounds, but I don't think that will happen. Body isn't as strong as a MJD, so I don't think his game will translate to the NFL.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Sweet. I like the analysis. Are you going to do anything for UK?

Comment

I've done multiple reports on UK players...I'll do one for when UK plays their bowl game.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
      X