X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Futures all QBs drafted last year

JaMarcus Russell- BUST!!!!!
    Brady Quinn- Solid NFL career
    Kevin Kolb-Great NFL QB (I like this kid)
    John Beck-Think Brian Griese
    Drew Stanton- Could be hampered by such an early injury
    Trent Edward- Steals J.P. Losmans team from him
    John Beck-Lasts four years tops
    Troy Smith-Career Backup
    Jordan Palmer-Already out of league
    Tyler Thigpen-Long term backup

Any thoughts??
    Walter got PWN3D
    Rams GM

Picks
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
    65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
    137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
    168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
    180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Drew Stanton is the next Scott Mitchell.
    Trent Edwards will be better than Kevin Kolb, but only because his teams will be better. Both will be great.
    Quinn will be good but not a superstar and only the local fans will remember the others.
    Everyone will remember Jamarcus BUSTell

Comment

Quinn has a chance to be great, Edwards will be good, Beck will be solid and with the right coaching good.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think John Beck could be solid. Kevin Kolb looks like the real deal, at least in the preseason.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Depends on what you consider a bust. I don't consider JaMarcus Russell the next Ryan Leaf or anything but he won't be consistently in the playoffs. I think he'll be like Mike Vick in the sense that they'll talk about how he's going to be a great QB he just needs some work... and the'll talk about all his talent and ability then BOOM tough actin' tan. . . uh I mean he'll be out on the free agent market and won't live up to expectations for another team.

Comment

Its pretty hard to be as bad as Ryan Leaf
            Walter got PWN3D
            Rams GM

Picks

Comment

True, but I also hear people say "He'll never win a superbowl, he's gonna bust." and it's pretty hard to win a superbowl.

Comment

Trent Edward has been okay. 1 TD to 4 INT but 1/2 of those picks are on Lee Evans were he didn't try for the ball. I think he could be a top 15 QB but I'm not going to count on it.

Comment

I hope Quinn is a bust. I hate Notre Dame and do not want him to be good... But, that's what I want. I think he will be very good in the NFL
                  Check out my new site Today!
                  Live 4 The Story

Comment

I'm constantly amazed by the variation in success of QBs despite their college history. When you guys are making these calls, what are you looking at? E.g., I think Russell has big bust potential mainly because he plays for a team with a bad o-line, some decent runners and receivers, but no-one mind-blowing.

On the other hand, VY has nothing, especially this year, and still manages to pull of Ws.

Going back a little ways, was Tim Crouch really that bad in the NFL, or did he just get the stuffing sacked out of him? Would Tom Brady would have thrown 948 TD passes so far this season if he didn't have so long in the pocket that he has to shave between plays to retain his "GQ" style? Can we really make anything more than guesses about future success considering there are so many variables in team makeup.

Comment

IMO......

Jamarcus Russell - Well.....I really don't know, but I think he would struggle if he was out there right now with Oakland's lack of deep threats and poor protection.

Brady Quinn - I'm thinking borderline pro-bowler. Has now and will in the future have good weapons and protection.

Kevin Kolb - I think he will struggle bigtime unless the Eagles get an all-pro receiver or Tight End. Even Donovan McNabb just about gets by with a bunch of number 2 and 3 receivers and an average TE.

John Beck - For me he was a big reach in the draft. If every QB stayed in college till they were 26 then they would be having a lot higher numbers. Not to mention the MWC isn't the most quality conference out there.....

Drew Stanton - If he stays injury free, he would have to be really awful not to suceed with the Lions and the recievers they have.

Trent Edwards - I think he'll be middle of the boat through his career. A borderline starter/good backup. Would like to see Buffalo get him some more help at WR or TE though.

Comment

Well, when is Quinn going to be able to get in the game? With the way Derek Anderson is playing, I wouldn't. Reminds me of the Bengals, Jon Kitna had his "break-out" year, but lost his job anyway to Carson Palmer. I think Kitna won some award that year too, like comeback player of the year, or most improved player. Something like that.
                        Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
                        2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
                        2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
                        3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
                        3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
                        4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
                          JaMarcus Russell- BUST!!!!!
                          Brady Quinn- Solid NFL career
                          Kevin Kolb-Great NFL QB (I like this kid)
                          John Beck-Think Brian Griese
                          Drew Stanton- Could be hampered by such an early injury
                          Trent Edward- Steals J.P. Losmans team from him
                          John Beck-Lasts four years tops
                          Troy Smith-Career Backup
                          Jordan Palmer-Already out of league
                          Tyler Thigpen-Long term backup

Any thoughts??
                          Dude you can't evaluate only after 7 games played. Come on now this is just stupid.

Comment

These are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS. I'm not evaluating, I'm more or less throwing darts at a wall.
                            Walter got PWN3D
                            Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Cool View Post
                              Dude you can't evaluate only after 7 games played. Come on now this is just stupid.
                              We always evaluate. What do you think the combine is for? How do coaches draft guys out of highschool or college? Evaluations are very rarely 100% correct, but it's the only way to get a judgement on a guy without seeing him play. That being said I hardly think evaluating these guys is stupid, although we may not be right.

Comment

Working...
                              X