NCAA Football Weekly Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Football Weekly Predictions

"There aren't many places harder to win than Beaver Stadium at night. Two years ago, Troy Smith waltzed into Happy Valley and suffered at the hands of the first White Out crowd. He couldn't hear anything, and consequently lost. Todd Boeckman will follow the tradition of Ohio State quarterbacks to struggle at Penn State. Boeckman hasn't been tested against a great defense on the road. In fact, the Buckeyes' most impressive win this year was a victory over crappy Purdue. No. 1 goes down, as the 89 percent of the public loses its money."

Walt you failed know that Justin Zwick spilt time with Troy Smith that year for the 1st 4 or so games. Also Zwick started the 1st 2 games that year. So you make it seem it was the Troy Smith that lit up Michigan very year. When in fact it was his 1st start of the season and 5th or 6th start ever.
    Last edited by bills_red; 10-25-2007, 08:46 AM.

Ohio State won every single game after that, so going to Penn State was obviously more difficult than anything else they did.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Link for it is here btw:

http://walterfootball.com/collegepicks.php
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
        Ohio State won every single game after that, so going to Penn State was obviously more difficult than anything else they did.
        Well after that game they went with just Troy Smith. Also Zwick at the end of that game had a fumble if I remeber right so to say Smith waltzed in and lost the game is simply wrong. And PSU had one of the best D's that year with the Bucks.
        Last edited by bills_red; 10-25-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

OK I guess I'm wrong about Smith not being able to hear anything, and Ohio State's offense having tons of procedure penalties. That never happened. My bad. How can my memory be so terrible? I just watched the game 2 days ago because I taped it, so I could watch it on TV, given that I covered the game from the press box and interviewed the players afterward. That's awful.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Look, the bottom line is, Ohio State sucks at Happy Valley. Penn State sucks at Columbus. The host wins every single year. I've bet on the host every single year over the past half-decade.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Walt keep acting all high and mighty. But Smith didn't "waltzed" in when he spilt time with Zwick.
              Last edited by bills_red; 10-25-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Wrong.

Check ESPN yourself if you don't believe me:
                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252810213

1. Zwick didn't even play.
                2. OSU was favored.
                3. OSU was higher ranked.
                4. Troy Smith played the entire game before that vs. Iowa too. No split snaps.

I covered the game live and wrote a 2,000-word piece on it for the Centre Daily Times that took me till 3 a.m. that night.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Okay. So what game was I thinkg of? The Texas game?

Found it.

"during the game against Iowa, Zwick was forced to leave with an injury, opening the door for Troy Smith."

So you #4 is wrong.

"With Smith at QB, Ohio State lost only two games in the 2005 regular season, one as a starter. The first was to the eventual BCS National Champion Texas Longhorns (which he did not start) and the other was to the Penn State Nittany Lions, co-Big Ten champions. "

Found on wikipedia.org

So I had the Penn game and Texas game mixed up. But Smith still didn't "waltzed" in when he finally got his 1st start of the season.
                  Last edited by bills_red; 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah you're thinking of Texas. Very dumb decision by Tressel to even play Zwick
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I hate OSU strictly because they have the most obnoxius fans ever
                      Walter got PWN3D
                      Rams GM

Picks
                      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Working...