2009 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Free Agency

What potential Free Agents would you like to see your favorite team sign this offseason?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Karlos Dansby

Comment

Chris Gamble for the Steelers.
      Any young linemen.
      But the Steelers don't sign free agents, so I guess its a moot point...
      "I think Tim Tebow is a fan of anything related to getting his name out there," Florida fan Andrew Wynot, who attended his first Miracle game, told the Naples Daily News. "I don't think Tim Tebow would send destruction on us."

Comment

Bucs
        Albert Haynesworth
        Donovan McNabb

Players to Resign
        Barrett Ruud (extension)
        Jermaine Phillips
        Phillip Buchanon
        Michael Clayton
        Antonio Bryant
        Donald Penn

We have the cap to sign Haynesworth...$46 million under the cap for 2009.

Estimated contracts:

Haynesworth: 5 years, 75 million
        McNabb: 3 years, 20 million
        Ruud: 5 years, 32 million
        Phillips: 3 years, 14 million
        Buchanon: 4 years, 16 million
        Clayton: 2 years, 6 million
        Bryant: 3 years, 12 million
        Penn: 4 years, 22 million

Draft
        1. Trade 1st and 3rd round picks to trade up for Darrius Heyward Bey or Jeremy Maclin
        2. Cornerback
        4. Jordan Shipley or Brennan Marion
        5. Jose Martinez or Sam Swank
        6. Kyle Moore
        7. Will Dunbar (next Chris Horton?)
        Last edited by Matt McGuire; 11-28-2008, 05:18 PM.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Jason Brown, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott kinda, TJ Houshmanzadeh.

I'm superstitious though, I think the team that goes out and acquires the biggest names guarantees itself a bad year.

Comment

I wonder if anyone other than the Raiders will sign Scrabble. Some say he is better than Deion Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
              I'm superstitious though, I think the team that goes out and acquires the biggest names guarantees itself a bad year.
              Well the Jets bucked that trend by playing a ****ty schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Well the Jets bucked that trend by playing a ****ty schedule.
                The Jets' schedule is ****ty, but they still beat the Titans. The Jets are legit.
                This is my signature.

Comment

I wonder if anyone other than the Raiders will sign Scrabble. Some say he is better than Deion Sanders.
                  Raiders won't let him go.

Comment

$46 mil. Damn.
                    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Packers: (in order)

1. Sign Nahmid Asomugha
                      2. Sign either Julius Peppers/Terrell Suggs (RE)
                      3. Re-Sign Mark Tauscher
                      4. Sign Angelo Crowell
                      5. Sign Ricky Williams

Comment

Why on earth would you want scrabble when you have Charles Woodson and Al Harris?

Comment

I don't believe Albert Haynesworth will be as effective as he has been these 2past years ever again. He was a spot starter before hitting his contract year. Why will he bother to try after hitting his big payday?

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                            I don't believe Albert Haynesworth will be as effective as he has been these 2past years ever again. He was a spot starter before hitting his contract year. Why will he bother to try after hitting his big payday?
                            It is a risk we are going to have to take. The only expensive free agent we had last year was Jeff Faine ( a center).

We need to sign a big free agent, and under tackle is a huge need for us next offseason because Jovan Haye simply blows.

You put Haynesworth next to Chris Hovan, Gaines Adams, with Barrett Ruud making plays at ILB and it is all over. Championship.

Gaines would have a 12+ sack season if there was pressure at 3 technique. He is beating offensive tackles left and right, but the quarterback has space to step up and make the throw. A player like Haynesworth would force the quarterback to stay back then Gaines uses his speed to make the play.

We have the cap to afford Haynesworth and this is a risk definiately worth taking.

Comment

Why on earth would you want scrabble when you have Charles Woodson and Al Harris?
                              Why in the hell wouldn't we? We have no depth, Woodson and Harris are old, and "Scrabble" is a ****ing beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X