Titans Suspension Woes Continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans Suspension Woes Continue

Well, Chris Henry's getting suspended. Wait, where have I heard that before? Though this time it's the Titans Workout Warrior, not the perenially problematic Bengal.

This can only be a good thing, now, LenDale White gets to eat Henry's food on road games, and if he puts on another 20-30 pounds he'll be unstoppable! Seriously though, I hope he shoulders the carries and can stay uninjured, if only for the success of my fantasy team.

LOL nice, I bet LenWhale is a happy man right now.

I don't know why the Titans and Bengals continue to draft these guys.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Well according to the article I read, it's going to be 4 weeks, for a prescription medication that's on the banned list. It didn't say what exactly, but it was probably something like codeine.

The key though is apparently it was a legal substance. Some of you are probably saying "Well that dumb MF should have known better" but these guys no doubt have so many rules and regulations to adhere to that Henry flat-out though it was ok.

That's only if it were something like codeine, not pseudoephedrine.

Comment

In all honesty, I wish the NFL would abolish all of these dumb rules. Let the players take whatever they want to take.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

So you're all for steroids even Walter?
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

What do you think is worse for athletes, steroids or weed? Not in terms of bodily damage... Athletes who take steroids want to get better. Athletes who take weed are lazy.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Well let's see, I've had some training in pharm, but nothing specifically on performance-enhancing drugs. Weed has definitely got to be one of the worst drugs to help performance agreed on that, steroids can be helpful, but must be used very judiciously.

If any of you guys follow cycling, you'd know that most of the time the riders get busted is right after a big stage. That's when they need the extra little help with rebuilding their shattered bodies.

Now there's somewhat of a difference between a 4-5 hour a day cycling event and pro football. I'm not convinced how much help steroids would give a player in the NFL, it be more useful for a high school senior (as at that stage bodies are much less developed) wanting to put on bulk to attract college scouts.

The real reason these drugs aren't allowed in sport is that they aren't allowed in life. Steroids a legally equivocal at best, usually only prescribable in patients with renal (i.e. erythropoetin) failure, and weed is probably the most demonised drug of our time despite the fact that so many Americans have used it.

Long story short, the public will never accept a different set of rules for athletes than them. If they ever did, a rapid wave of dumb-ass 16-year-olds dying from heart problems would quickly reconvince the NFL, NBA, NCAA and everyone else to go ape-poopie over just about anything.

Comment

As an aside, maybe weed could be performance enhancing for an offensive lineman who is naturally just a skinny white guy.

Comment

LOL that's pretty funny...

Put in Chris Henry's situation... he was suspended for prescription medication? Seems ridiculous to me.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Well, there are some pretty crazy prescription meds out there. I can't remember the article saying he actually had a prescription.

Comment

They should have a yearly game between the Bengals and Titans. They could call it Battle of the Inmates
                      Walter got PWN3D
                      Rams GM

Picks
                      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Working...