Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jets

    First off I gotta say I love this site. I've been reguarly been going to Draftace for nfl draft news, but I like how walterfootball is updated more often and covers a wider array of sports and sporting news.

    Anyway I just wanted to get some insight into what you guys thought of my team the New York Jets. I bleed Green and White and see a lot of potential for this team depending on the draft and offseason moves.

    I think they should go after Faneca, but probably won't because Tangini doesn't like to spend $ on FAs.

    I like Chris Long a lot and wouldn't mind seeing him on their team. I also like Quentin Groves too. Don't think they could get them both, but at least one would be sick.

    They need a DT that stuffs holes like a Frank Okam, but from what I heard his lack of work ethic isn't great and Mangini doesn't like players like that on his teams.

    I dunno I'd love to hear what you all think.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator




    Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

  • #2
    Welcome to the site. It's looking liek the Jets will have a top 4 pick, and we know that Jake Long isn't going to be there (will wind up with Rams or Dolphins).

    Chris Long is a possibility. So is Darren McFadden. There are a lot of scenarios in which the needs the Jets have don't fit up with the top of their draft board. Dorsey doesn't fit their defense. They won't draft a quarterback. It's too high for a linebacker. Etc. etc.

    Hopefully they trade DeWayne Robertson and Jonathan Vilma in the offseason. Each could net them a 2nd rounder in my opinion. I am a Tampa fan and would be ecstatic if we could get a 3rd for Robertson. Would be a beast on our defense and he could net you a solid receiver in the 3rd.

    I wasn't a big fan last year of them trading up in the draft because they had more needs than what they actually thought they did, but Revis and Harris look like really solid players on that defense.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don’t know the college players but it seems if the Jets want to draft defense they should trade down a few spots if Dorsey doesn’t fit their scheme. Hope they pick ahead of teams that need a quarterback. They could still probably get Chris long.

      I completely agree with Faneca. They need better run blocking. If they sign somebody it should be him and draft defense. They may look at Asante Samuel too to piss off the Pats.

      Comment


      • #4
        Okay note to everybody:

        THERE WILL NO LONGER BE TRADES AT THE TOP OF THE DRAFT!

        This has happened the past 2 years and it just doesn't make ANY sense for a team to do. You have to give up way too much for what you get in return.

        The Jets didn't trade up for Reggie Bush.
        The Bucs didn't trade up for Calvin Johnson.

        Would you rather have D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Kellen Clemens or just Reggie Bush?
        Gaines Adams, Aaron Sears (who is having a great season), and Sabby Piscitelli, or just Calvin Johnson?

        It's a no brainer. TEams need to fill the needs on their team.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

        Comment


        • #5
          Glad you like the site, vbsiena. Welcome to the forum.

          I think Chris Long is the best bet right now because the Jets' defense is so bad. Quentin Groves would be a good fit too. Darren McFadden is the other option, but I think the Jets need to address their stop unit first.

          Matt, I don't think you can state that a trade will never happen at the top of the draft. I don't think it will, but there's always a possibility.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

          Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey, welcome to the site man! I love your knowledge!
            Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
            Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
            Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
            Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome to the site!
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

              Picks
              2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
              33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
              65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
              101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
              137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
              168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
              180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal
              217.
              252.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Okay note to everybody:

                THERE WILL NO LONGER BE TRADES AT THE TOP OF THE DRAFT!

                This has happened the past 2 years and it just doesn't make ANY sense for a team to do. You have to give up way too much for what you get in return.

                The Jets didn't trade up for Reggie Bush.
                The Bucs didn't trade up for Calvin Johnson.

                Would you rather have D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Kellen Clemens or just Reggie Bush?
                Gaines Adams, Aaron Sears (who is having a great season), and Sabby Piscitelli, or just Calvin Johnson?

                It's a no brainer. TEams need to fill the needs on their team.
                Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson are not quaterbacks. Big difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Faneca was pretty vocal about his desire to have Russ Grimm (steelers o-line coach) as head coach after Cowher left. When Tomlin was hired he was vocal about his displeasure in the hire. Grimm and Whisenhunt both love this guy, and Alan obviously is a fan of Russ Grimm, so I don't see him going anywhere but Arizona.

                  I love Vilma, but I think it's a good idea to trade him. I'm not a fan of Robertson so if they can get a 2nd round pick for him they definitely should.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                    Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson are not quaterbacks. Big difference.
                    No. There isn't one really.

                    How'd it work out for the Falcons trading up for Michael Vick? Who got the better end of that deal and forget the dogfighting incident.

                    I mean look at QBs at the top of the draft. They don't always work out, and it isn't worth trading up for one just because it is a QB if that is the point you are trying to make.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                      Faneca was pretty vocal about his desire to have Russ Grimm (steelers o-line coach) as head coach after Cowher left. When Tomlin was hired he was vocal about his displeasure in the hire. Grimm and Whisenhunt both love this guy, and Alan obviously is a fan of Russ Grimm, so I don't see him going anywhere but Arizona.

                      I love Vilma, but I think it's a good idea to trade him. I'm not a fan of Robertson so if they can get a 2nd round pick for him they definitely should.
                      I think Alan is just pissed because Pittsburgh is a disloyal franchise and they don't pay him his well deserved contract extentsion.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                      Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        No. There isn't one really.

                        How'd it work out for the Falcons trading up for Michael Vick? Who got the better end of that deal and forget the dogfighting incident.

                        I mean look at QBs at the top of the draft. They don't always work out, and it isn't worth trading up for one just because it is a QB if that is the point you are trying to make.
                        I was just saying the quarterback is the most important position so teams may be willing to take the risk. Look at the good teamms and bad ones.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                          I was just saying the quarterback is the most important position so teams may be willing to take the risk. Look at the good teamms and bad ones.
                          The O-Line is most improtant
                          Walter got PWN3D
                          Rams GM

                          Picks
                          2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                          33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                          65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                          101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                          137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                          168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                          180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal
                          217.
                          252.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
                            The O-Line is most improtant
                            Lol. I don't agree or disagree with this. Just wanted to say that the Browns must think the same thing. Because they took Joe Thomas over AD and Brady Quinn with the 3th pick in the 07 draft and they are doing well. Maybe they know something not every football team knows.

                            Although if any of you read the ESPN article (forgot who wrote it) about the 2007 draft being done over today after week 9 that the Browns would take AD with pick 3 and Tony Ugoh(assuming they traded up) with pick 22. I think this makes more sense than Thomas at 3 and Quinn at 22, but no one could have guessed about the emergence of Anderson.
                            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator




                            Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                              Lol. I don't agree or disagree with this. Just wanted to say that the Browns must think the same thing. Because they took Joe Thomas over AD and Brady Quinn with the 3th pick in the 07 draft and they are doing well. Maybe they know something not every football team knows.

                              Although if any of you read the ESPN article (forgot who wrote it) about the 2007 draft being done over today after week 9 that the Browns would take AD with pick 3 and Tony Ugoh(assuming they traded up) with pick 22. I think this makes more sense than Thomas at 3 and Quinn at 22, but no one could have guessed about the emergence of Anderson.
                              They know that teams with poor offense lines struggle and the Browns should know that first hand after the Tim Couch years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X