Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starqb14
    replied
    Jeff Smardzija should've played in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
    Actually, thats where they thought he deserved to go. In their mock they had him in the 1st Round. And, I like Sporting News's draft magazine.
    Brady Quinn deserved to go in round 3? Then why was it so shocking that Miami took Ted Ginn again?

Quinn was a great QB prospect.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Sporting News is garbage considering the Draft. Their magazines every year are god awful. They had Brady Quinn as a 3rd round pick last year.
    Actually, thats where they thought he deserved to go. In their mock they had him in the 1st Round. And, I like Sporting News's draft magazine.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Sporting News is garbage considering the Draft. Their magazines every year are god awful. They had Brady Quinn as a 3rd round pick last year.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    A report in Sporting News has St. Louis going D-Line and Atlanta wanting that Louisville stud whats his name...Brohm. And I did not say 2 strait linemen. I said a tackle OR end in round 3.*pouts* Not our fault that the Browns defensive line played against Thor, Freyr, and Loki (Ancient Norse Gods). Anyway I liked it overall and still think the Rams will smarten up and take that lineman.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    They pass protect well and their RBs average five yards per carry. A need, yes. A big need, no.
    Their big needs are at CB, LB, and S.

None of whom deserve a top 3 pick.

Jake Long is the best player available other than D-Mac. Chris Long>Glenn Dorsey.

But I would go with Long to try to put up some points on teh board for the future of this franchise. An elite LT goes a long way. We are seeing it with Joe Thomas this year.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    They pass protect well and their RBs average five yards per carry. A need, yes. A big need, no.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Their offensive line isn't the biggest need either.
    Who? For Miami? They have a huge need at left tackle. Draft Jake Long. Move Vernon Carey over to right tackle.

They need to draft a true difference maker for their offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Their offensive line isn't the biggest need either.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    It's not about the same size as Dorsey.

Miami doesn't have an identity on defense. Better to draft a player that gets them that identity with Chris Long rather than Glenn Dorsey.

Long has even had a better season than Dorsey. He's a better player imo. That's part of it.

Also, I wouldn't take a gamble of Dorsey in the top 3 when there is the doubt that he could bust in the 3-4 scheme. Look at what it did to Warren Sapp for a while.
    Dorsey will give them an identity on D, more so than Long

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Matt, like I said, they don't run a pure 3-4.
    I understand, but I don't think Dorsey is draftable in the top 10 unless you plan to use him as a 4-3 UT.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Matt, like I said, they don't run a pure 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    It's not about the same size as Dorsey.

Miami doesn't have an identity on defense. Better to draft a player that gets them that identity with Chris Long rather than Glenn Dorsey.

Long has even had a better season than Dorsey. He's a better player imo. That's part of it.

Also, I wouldn't take a gamble of Dorsey in the top 3 when there is the doubt that he could bust in the 3-4 scheme. Look at what it did to Warren Sapp for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Yea don't they run a hybrid 4-3 3-4? O well it still makes more sense then the Giant 4 DE D Line

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Thanks Matt.

Guess we'll continue to agree to disagree on Dorsey to Miami. They don't run a pure 3-4, and they have players in the current lineup with similar size as Dorsey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X