• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Top 25 Rankings - Week 11 & 2007 NCAA Football Tournament Preview

http://www.walterfootball.com/top25.php

2007 NCAA Football Tournament Preview:

http://walterfootball.com/tourney2007.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Man, I'm going to have to download a Sega emulator and play Sonic again to understand all these obscure Kansas jibes.

Can't believe any coach would go on 4th and 20 up big. He must drive a Porsche and have a tiny wang.

Comment

As for your hopes of a football playoff, if life has taught me one thing, it's that everything is done for money.

Now, there are about 32 bowl games this year by my count. A 16 team playoff would only net 15 games. No dough, no show. Maybe you could expand the number of teams (more games). Then give say the top 8 teams a bye week 1.

So 24 teams, 16 play week 1, 8 winners play top 8 week 2, and so on. This would mean 23 games, still a little short but it's a start. Wait, this is getting complicated, I think I might need a computer to help me work this out...

Alternatively, after the playoffs, you could still have non-BCS bowl games to sort out the minor placings and give the guys one more shot to impress NFL scouts. The number of irrelevant bowls should be cut, so no more Chick-fil-A bowl or Cheese-Wizz bowl.

Comment

JimmyP, that's exactly what I have in mind. You can put 16 teams in the playoffs, and use the rest of the bowl-eligible teams in those meaningless bowls. LOL, as you said the Cheese Whiz Bowl. You could run the bowls during the week and air the playoffs on Thursday night, Friday night, all day Saturday and maybe one game Sunday night.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Here is an appalling bit of newswriting from CBS.com, Gary Parrish.

"STILLWATER, Okla. -- Three hours before kickoff, and the guy was just standing there all by himself on the corner of Knoblock and McElroy. He had paint on his face and a sign in his hand, one that stuck out among a group of Oklahoma State fans and read simply "Mangino for President."

And you know what?

Why not?

I mean, perhaps we'll have to redesign the White House -- would an oval coach even fit in the Oval Office?"

Jeez Gary, were you struggling to find something nice to say about Kansas. It's not like the team's in ultra-suck mode (ND), surely you could have opened your article with something other than a fat man joke. That's what this website is for.

Comment

Why would we want 16 teams in a playoff. I know this has been the year of the upset but come on. In most seasons this would be absolutely ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I guess I am in the minority in thinking that determing a National Champ in college football is VERY overrated when we have such a great product at the moment. College football is the most regional sport in the world, and by this I mean it generates the most interest in a whole lot of different regions of the country because people have a team they can root for.

Yes, we also have college basketball, but football has a much better environment (tailgating, college gameday, university, school bands, etc.) than the NFL does.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Also, this doesn't get rid of any debate.

We debate more now over the teams that get in the 16 team tourney. It's like the Pro Bowl. Someone will always get snubbed.

Someone will always get snubbed in college football. BCS like we have now or a pointless 16 team tourney when students have to take finals, fans have to shell out much more money for traveling costs, etc.

Comment

Walter:

Please explain why Reesing or Ryan deserve more Heisman creditentials than Woodson. I will win this argument so I am just curious to your answer.

Also, considering it is the Most Outstanding Player Award, please explain why Chase Daniel is more worthy than say Chris Long?

It's not just you and I'm not picking on you, it's pretty much everyone.

Comment

This is bull****. We have at large bids for a football tournament? You really think that Troy State is on LSU's level? Troy State is more deserving than Kentucky? What a joke...this isn't basketball

Comment

Why is the home loss to Miss State so bad Walter for Kentucky?

Stop reading the name on the jerseys. They have 3 top 25 wins this year: Alabama, Kentucky, and Auburn. Pretty damn impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Why is the home loss to Miss State so bad Walter for Kentucky?

Stop reading the name on the jerseys. They have 3 top 25 wins this year: Alabama, Kentucky, and Auburn. Pretty damn impressive.
                      Thats a good point
                      Walter got PWN3D
                      Rams GM

Picks
                      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Mississippi State was blown out vs. W. Virginia recently, or am I wrong?
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

This is bull****. We have at large bids for a football tournament? You really think that Troy State is on LSU's level? Troy State is more deserving than Kentucky? What a joke...this isn't basketball
                          Automatic bids, giving every conference a chance. The Ivy League gets a bid into the NCAAB tournament to make it fair. Every conference should get a shot. If you don't want that, the Sun Belt should be demoted to I-AA. I'm fine with that. But as it stands, the winner deserves a chance.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Walter:

Please explain why Reesing or Ryan deserve more Heisman creditentials than Woodson. I will win this argument so I am just curious to your answer.

Also, considering it is the Most Outstanding Player Award, please explain why Chase Daniel is more worthy than say Chris Long?

It's not just you and I'm not picking on you, it's pretty much everyone.
                            I'm assuming you haven't watched Reesing at all? He's really incredible. And his team's undefeated.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Also, this doesn't get rid of any debate.

We debate more now over the teams that get in the 16 team tourney. It's like the Pro Bowl. Someone will always get snubbed.

Someone will always get snubbed in college football. BCS like we have now or a pointless 16 team tourney when students have to take finals, fans have to shell out much more money for traveling costs, etc.
                              Why have a 16-team tourney?

BECAUSE IT WOULD BE FUN AND IT WOULD BE THE BEST THING FOR THE SPORT.

People would love to see a No. 7 seed mid-major knock off a power-conference team. People would fill out brackets. People would skip work/school to watch the games. It would be incredible, Matt. Knowing you're a college football fan, I'm disappointed that you don't want what's best for the sport. Do you actually like watching meaningless bowl games like the Kwik-E Mart Bowl?
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X