My new mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new mock

I am using the current NFL draft order...you can find it at www.gbnreport.com

I have made 2 rounds worth of picks, but I will probably only send Walter a doc for the first round. Typing them up takes FOR-EV-ER (and on and on like in Sandlot).

I'll give you a little bit of a sneak peek with my top 5, which is probably no suprise to some of you:

1. MIA: Jake Long T/Michigan
    2. STL: Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU
    3. NYJ: Chris Long DE/Virginia
    4. NE (f/SF): Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas
    5. OAK: Calais Campbell DE/Miami FL

So 4 linemen in the top 5 picks...the Draft could very well end up getting worse ratings than last year in the first few picks of the NFL Draft(considering Russell and Johnson were the first 2 picks).

One thing that came to me was what if San Fran didn't trade their 2008 first rounder last year...who would they pick in that spot? They might make a huge reach there and take Kenny Phillips, but it would be interesting if they were to just declare Alex Smith a bust and draft one of the big 3 QBs.

I said it in 2006 and I mocked them to take Michael Huff because I didn't think taking a TE in the top 6 was the smartest thing to do and it looks like I was right about that. They could really use his coverage skills last night against Seattle.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Can't wait to read it
    Walter got PWN3D
    Rams GM

Picks
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
    65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
    137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
    168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
    180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

i know this is stupiud question but i don't keep up with draft stuff. Why do the patriots get the 4th pick?
      DMAC for Heisman
      Oak Grove, AR Class of '05

Comment

Originally posted by RazrBackFan05 View Post
        i know this is stupiud question but i don't keep up with draft stuff. Why do the patriots get the 4th pick?
        Because the 49ers were stupid enough to trade their 2008 1st round pick for the Pats 1st round pick in 07 (#28) for OT Joe Staley. Can't remember if anything else was given up in the trade. Maybe Walter or someone else knows
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I'm pretty sure the pats got 2008 first round plus 2007 second round pick in exchange for their 2007 first round. pretty wild I know.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            I'm pretty sure the pats got 2008 first round plus 2007 second round pick in exchange for their 2007 first round. pretty wild I know.
            No. 49ers traded their 4th rounder and 2008 first rounder to get Joe Staley.

Not as bad a deal as people make it out to be. Staley was a very hot prospect on draft day and could eventually play LT for them.

I mean, if they were selecting 4th overall this year they would have a really tough decision on who to take, and would probably have to make a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              No. 49ers traded their 4th rounder and 2008 first rounder to get Joe Staley.

Not as bad a deal as people make it out to be. Staley was a very hot prospect on draft day and could eventually play LT for them.

I mean, if they were selecting 4th overall this year they would have a really tough decision on who to take, and would probably have to make a reach.
              Or, they could trade down to get more picks and fill more needs
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

Picks
              2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
              33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
              65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
              101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
              137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
              168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
              180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

maybe I'm just stupid, but where is the new mock?

Comment

I'll finish it tonight...I'm pretty lazy but I promise Walter will have it tonight...doesn't mean it will be on the site though

Comment

oh ok. I was wondering why I couldn't find it.

Comment

who do the packers pick?

Comment

Matt, what is your website? You talked about doing the scouting reports but I don't know which one is yours to go read them.

Comment

Matt's mock will be posted by Friday morning, hopefully
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                            Matt, what is your website? You talked about doing the scouting reports but I don't know which one is yours to go read them.
                            http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php

At the bottom of the page you can find my "individual player profiles" aka scouting reports.

Thanks Walter.

Comment

Working...
                            X