HOU vs. NO...Mario Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOU vs. NO...Mario Williams

After watching the highlights of yesterday's game, I hope Walter saw them as well.

Want to take that back Walter on Houston passing up Reggie Bush for Mario...its never too late.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

bump it up

Comment

I think Reggie suffers from being their featured back. I think he's better having 15-20 carries, half a dozen receptions, and returning punts every now and again. He's a big play threat, not the kind of guy you want taking the majority of your carries and busting hard yards between the tackles.

That being said, I am a huge Mario fan, and do agree with him being taken no 1. We know that RB is probably the easiest transition from college to the NFL, DE is one of the hardest. So I'm looking really to next season to make the final call on who's da man.

Comment

Not saying who is better, but Reggie sells more Jerseys and puts more people in seat. Hard to deny that as an owner.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Well, RB is a much sexier position than DE. But Ws are what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
            I think Reggie suffers from being their featured back. I think he's better having 15-20 carries, half a dozen receptions, and returning punts every now and again. He's a big play threat, not the kind of guy you want taking the majority of your carries and busting hard yards between the tackles.
            How is this kind of a player worthy of even being a top 10 pick?

Comment

More so than Ted Ginn Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                More so than Ted Ginn Jr.
                Ted Ginn filled a much bigger need for Miami than for New Orleans.

Also, he is looking pretty good this year.

Comment

Reggie Bush helped a poor team get to the NFC championship game and made Brian Urlacher look like a fairy.

Ted Ginn is a glorified kick returner on a 0-10 team.

Comment

Reggie Bush helped a poor team get to the NFC championship game and made Brian Urlacher look like a fairy.

refrigerator perry couldn't make urlacher really look like a fairy. he's pretty much badass, even if he makes a mistake. plus the bears won so urlacher couldn't have been too fairy-ish.

Comment

And how great does Reggie Bush look this year? Thats what I thought.

Lets blame Ginn for all of Miami's problems. The quarterbacking. The age on defense. The worst defensive backfield in the NFL. Trading their best offensive player left (Chambers, thought it was a great trade for the Dolphins imo). All his fault.

I mean for all the hate on him on draft day he is surpassing my expectations coming off of that foot injury and being a raw WR in the first place.

Comment

Mario Williams will be a good player, maybe even an All-Pro in a few years. Reggie Bush is one of the most versital players in the league and his poor play is not ALL his fault. Some is I will admit but the Saints have to make some changes in their approach. During the winning streak they did make a few changes and got some confidence back. So you cant just blame Bush, just like you just cant blame Williams at this point. We will need to wait and see.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          After watching the highlights of yesterday's game, I hope Walter saw them as well.

Want to take that back Walter on Houston passing up Reggie Bush for Mario...its never too late.
                          If you look back, I criticized the Texans for not trading down because I felt as though they could have acquired Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4. One of them would have been there.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            If you look back, I criticized the Texans for not trading down because I felt as though they could have acquired Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 4. One of them would have been there.
                            Teams can't make top 5 trades because of how much it costs the teams trading up, and the teams with the higher pick aren't getting proper value.

You love draft day trades.

Did New York Jets trade up for Reggie Bush? No.

Why? Because they can still have a great draft and stand pat and not have to give up any picks.

Did the Bucs trade up for Calvin Johnson? No.

Why? Because they can still have a great draft and stand pat and not have to give up any picks.

How smart did the Saints look Walter in trading up for Ricky Williams? Atlanta in the Vick trade? Who got the better of the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers draft day trade?

I'm really going to get annoyed when Walter starts saying the Pats will trade down in the draft. And I know it is going to happen. Which makes me sick.

Comment

Calm down, LOL, when did I say the Pats will trade down?

Just because you name a few examples where trading up didn't work doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Not everyone who works in a league office is smart, man. The league is peppered with dumb and incompetent GMs who don't know what they're doing. The NFL's not a utopia. There will be dumb deals done on draft day, like there always are.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                              X