• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NFL Mock Draft Is Up!

Check it out here:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I like reading your 2009 mock. Not so much for the draft order but for reading about the future prospects. I am in a dynasty FF league ane we have a rookie draft every year so I am always looking for info on future draft prospects.

You dont think Anthony Smith is that good????? Hmmm cant agree with you on that one!

Comment

Well, I think Anthony Smith has the potential to be good. But right now, he's still stuck behind Ryan Clark on the depth chart. Smith started four games last year, but that was when Clark was hurt. Still, I don't think they're bad players, but the Steelers could use an upgrade if Smith doesn't improve.

Glad you like the mock draft. I'll work on compiling 2009 Draft Prospect pages, but they won't be as long as the 2008 ones just yet.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

By the way, what position would you have the Steelers going after in the '09 Mock? I was stuck there.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think Ryan Clark is just OK. Smith is a playmaker. I think he will show great ball skills and hard hitting this year. I look for him to win the starting job in camp.

He was about the only bright spot on a terrible Syracuse defense.

Comment

I would like to see them draft a C or a WR, depending on the 2008 draft.

Right now we have Mahan, Okobi and Phillip at C, not a great group. Behind Ward and Holmes they need one more good WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jm4Steelers View Post
              I would like to see them draft a C or a WR, depending on the 2008 draft.

Right now we have Mahan, Okobi and Phillip at C, not a great group. Behind Ward and Holmes they need one more good WR.
              Pittsburgh preferes to address its interior OL needs in the mid rounds of the NFL draft (3+).

It is tough to peg needs for teams a few years from now because we don't know who will step up, bust, or be sidelined with injury.

I think though, the Steelers will be looking at DL in a few years, but it is tough to predict what players will fit their scheme because even Tomlin isn't sure what he wants to do in the 2008 NFL season....like switching full time to the 4-3 Cover 2 defense.

With Hines Ward possibly considering retirement in a few years, WR could become a need as well, but I think the Steelers will have more pressing needs than WR.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

You don't like Sean Mahan? From what I hear, a lot of Steelers fans are high on him... As for the third WR, I considered it, but there weren't too many first-round prospects left and Cedrick Wilson looked great on Sunday.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  You don't like Sean Mahan? From what I hear, a lot of Steelers fans are high on him... As for the third WR, I considered it, but there weren't too many first-round prospects left and Cedrick Wilson looked great on Sunday.
                  I htink he is OK. I am spoiled though with the centers the Steelers have had. I didnt know what the C position looked like in '09.

I am not a bid fan of Wilson's either. He did looked good Sunday but I am not confident that will continue once the games are for real.

Comment

We'll have to see about Wilson - it kind of reminds me of Na Brown, a receiver the Eagles drafted in '99. He was spectacular in training camp and preseason, but when the regular season came he disappeared and did nothing.

Good point on the center position. Sean Mahan's a downgrade, but I don't think he's bad.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                      Maybe Mahan will be a better fit in the Steelers' scheme, but he was an absolute joke in Tampa and imo the main reason (along with John Wade) that Cadillac couldn't produce in the running game. He has a small body, not much muscle, and he doesn't stand out athletically.

I really liked what I saw out of Wilson, but especially Santonio Holmes who really turned it on at the end of the season. Looks to actually in fact live up to being the first receiver in the 2007 draft if he can stay out of trouble.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                      X