Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cleveland only trade Derek Anderson for a 1st and a 3rd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Cleveland only trade Derek Anderson for a 1st and a 3rd?

Is that the legal minimum they must be offered or is that just an asking price?

I think they could get a second round and a late round pick at best
    Walter got PWN3D
    Rams GM

Picks
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
    65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
    137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
    168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
    180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

I wouldn't give up a 1st rd pick for him and I have Re as my started haha
      Check out my new site Today!
      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Yeah, I think the highest tendered offer is a 1st and a 3rd. Good deal for the Bears, who have two 3rd-round picks.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I wouldn't trade a first round pick for him if I am the Bears. They have many other needs on their team than QB.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            I wouldn't trade a first round pick for him if I am the Bears. They have many other needs on their team than QB.
            Possibly a second rounder?
            Walter got PWN3D
            Rams GM

Picks

Comment

The Browns at this point shouldn't trade him. But if they do I wouldnt trade for anything less than a high to mid first. RB Darren Mcfadden, RB Ray Rice, DE Chris Long. Their would be able to address one of many needs that they will have either at Defensive End, at Running Back, hell maybe even another big game reciever to make them one of the scariest passing teams in the NFL. This years draft is deep with quality in the first 2 rounds with god knows how many future Pro-Bowlers in the first round. It would be a huge lift if they got a first round pick, even bigger if they got a top 10 for Anderson.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                The Browns at this point shouldn't trade him. But if they do I wouldnt trade for anything less than a high to mid first. RB Darren Mcfadden, RB Ray Rice, DE Chris Long. Their would be able to address one of many needs that they will have either at Defensive End, at Running Back, hell maybe even another big game reciever to make them one of the scariest passing teams in the NFL. This years draft is deep with quality in the first 2 rounds with god knows how many future Pro-Bowlers in the first round. It would be a huge lift if they got a first round pick, even bigger if they got a top 10 for Anderson.
                I agree with you 100%
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I found this on Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth.

In 2007, a second-round tender offer was added. The four tender amounts were as follows:

Low tender -- $850,000
                  Second-round tender -- $1.3 million
                  First-round tender -- $1.85 million
                  First- and third-round tender -- $2.35 million

Each player that signs their tender receives the one-year salary that corresponds with the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted. (For example, a former seventh-round pick requires a seventh-round pick in compensation is signed away in restricted free agency). Undrafted players require no draft-pick compensation on a low tender, meaning teams with a valued undrafted player are taking a notable risk if they place a low tender on them.

I think the numbers above reflect the base saliary without bonus money. So lets use Derek Anderson. I would think he would draw over a 2.35 million base contract. So if a team makes him an offer above 2.35 million and the Browns don't match the offer, they would receive the team's first and third round pick.

Also I remember reading somewhere, that the first and third round pick's have the be the teams original pick, not one obtained from another team.

Comment

Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
                    I found this on Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth.

In 2007, a second-round tender offer was added. The four tender amounts were as follows:

Low tender -- $850,000
                    Second-round tender -- $1.3 million
                    First-round tender -- $1.85 million
                    First- and third-round tender -- $2.35 million

Each player that signs their tender receives the one-year salary that corresponds with the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted. (For example, a former seventh-round pick requires a seventh-round pick in compensation is signed away in restricted free agency). Undrafted players require no draft-pick compensation on a low tender, meaning teams with a valued undrafted player are taking a notable risk if they place a low tender on them.

I think the numbers above reflect the base saliary without bonus money. So lets use Derek Anderson. I would think he would draw over a 2.35 million base contract. So if a team makes him an offer above 2.35 million and the Browns don't match the offer, they would receive the team's first and third round pick.

Also I remember reading somewhere, that the first and third round pick's have the be the teams original pick, not one obtained from another team.
                    So he is an RFA?
                    Walter got PWN3D
                    Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Yes, he's a RFA at the end of the year. So at this point, Cleveland will have a tough decision to make.

Comment

Not that tough. The Browns are likely to offer him the highest tender. I think they'd like to keep him, but I also think that the Browns view Quinn as their longterm starter at the position.

Comment

Its ridiculous that they wouldn't take a better QB
                          Walter got PWN3D
                          Rams GM

Picks