Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cleveland only trade Derek Anderson for a 1st and a 3rd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candyman82
    replied
    Its ridiculous that they wouldn't take a better QB

Leave a comment:

• TheOUTLAW1
    replied
    Not that tough. The Browns are likely to offer him the highest tender. I think they'd like to keep him, but I also think that the Browns view Quinn as their longterm starter at the position.

Leave a comment:

• gq4ever
    replied
    Yes, he's a RFA at the end of the year. So at this point, Cleveland will have a tough decision to make.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
    I found this on Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth.

In 2007, a second-round tender offer was added. The four tender amounts were as follows:

Low tender -- $850,000
    Second-round tender -- $1.3 million
    First-round tender -- $1.85 million
    First- and third-round tender -- $2.35 million

Each player that signs their tender receives the one-year salary that corresponds with the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted. (For example, a former seventh-round pick requires a seventh-round pick in compensation is signed away in restricted free agency). Undrafted players require no draft-pick compensation on a low tender, meaning teams with a valued undrafted player are taking a notable risk if they place a low tender on them.

I think the numbers above reflect the base saliary without bonus money. So lets use Derek Anderson. I would think he would draw over a 2.35 million base contract. So if a team makes him an offer above 2.35 million and the Browns don't match the offer, they would receive the team's first and third round pick.

Also I remember reading somewhere, that the first and third round pick's have the be the teams original pick, not one obtained from another team.
    So he is an RFA?

Leave a comment:

• gq4ever
    replied
    I found this on Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth.

In 2007, a second-round tender offer was added. The four tender amounts were as follows:

Low tender -- $850,000
    Second-round tender -- $1.3 million
    First-round tender -- $1.85 million
    First- and third-round tender -- $2.35 million

Each player that signs their tender receives the one-year salary that corresponds with the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted. (For example, a former seventh-round pick requires a seventh-round pick in compensation is signed away in restricted free agency). Undrafted players require no draft-pick compensation on a low tender, meaning teams with a valued undrafted player are taking a notable risk if they place a low tender on them.

I think the numbers above reflect the base saliary without bonus money. So lets use Derek Anderson. I would think he would draw over a 2.35 million base contract. So if a team makes him an offer above 2.35 million and the Browns don't match the offer, they would receive the team's first and third round pick.

Also I remember reading somewhere, that the first and third round pick's have the be the teams original pick, not one obtained from another team.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    The Browns at this point shouldn't trade him. But if they do I wouldnt trade for anything less than a high to mid first. RB Darren Mcfadden, RB Ray Rice, DE Chris Long. Their would be able to address one of many needs that they will have either at Defensive End, at Running Back, hell maybe even another big game reciever to make them one of the scariest passing teams in the NFL. This years draft is deep with quality in the first 2 rounds with god knows how many future Pro-Bowlers in the first round. It would be a huge lift if they got a first round pick, even bigger if they got a top 10 for Anderson.
    I agree with you 100%

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    The Browns at this point shouldn't trade him. But if they do I wouldnt trade for anything less than a high to mid first. RB Darren Mcfadden, RB Ray Rice, DE Chris Long. Their would be able to address one of many needs that they will have either at Defensive End, at Running Back, hell maybe even another big game reciever to make them one of the scariest passing teams in the NFL. This years draft is deep with quality in the first 2 rounds with god knows how many future Pro-Bowlers in the first round. It would be a huge lift if they got a first round pick, even bigger if they got a top 10 for Anderson.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I wouldn't trade a first round pick for him if I am the Bears. They have many other needs on their team than QB.
    Possibly a second rounder?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I wouldn't trade a first round pick for him if I am the Bears. They have many other needs on their team than QB.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Yeah, I think the highest tendered offer is a 1st and a 3rd. Good deal for the Bears, who have two 3rd-round picks.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    I wouldn't give up a 1st rd pick for him and I have Re as my started haha

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    I think they could get a second round and a late round pick at best

Leave a comment:

• Can Cleveland only trade Derek Anderson for a 1st and a 3rd?

Is that the legal minimum they must be offered or is that just an asking price?
Working...
X