Players on trading block after the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players on trading block after the season

Just off the top of my head. Teams want to get additional draft picks and acquire some veteran talent

NY Jets
    Dewayne Robertson (2nd-3rd)
    Jonathan Vilma (1st-2nd)

New England
    Laurence Maroney (1st) ...If they take Darren McFadden this makes a lot of sense

Arizona
    Bryant Johnson (or is he a FA?...3rd-4th)

Tampa Bay
    Luke McCown and Chris Simms (5th...only if they draft a QB)

Can't think of any more...thoughts and suggestions on other players. I really think the Jets need to get rid of both of those players I mentioned. They don't fit their defense and they need to add some more young talent to their team.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Derek Anderson. If not after this season then certainly after the next.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
      Derek Anderson. If not after this season then certainly after the next.
      I think he's an RFA after the season, I could be wrong though
      Walter got PWN3D
      Rams GM

Picks
      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
        I think he's an RFA after the season, I could be wrong though
        Anderson is a restricted FA after the year.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

They might trade Brady Quinn. Less likely from a business standponit but a smarter decision.

Comment

Rumor around cleveland is that Anderson is gone at the end of the season, unless we go the the Super Bowl or AFC championship, but even then he may still go.

The front office is high on Brady and can't wait for him to take over. Then you factor in the compensation we would get for Anderson as a RFA, it's a no brainer for the front office.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              They might trade Brady Quinn. Less likely from a business standponit but a smarter decision.
              They are far too stupid to realize that its better to pay less for a better QB
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Who predicted Derek Anderson Would be playing just below Pro-Bowl status. Candy there was no way to see that coming. Who is to say Brady Quinn won't be ready next year, you saw Carson Palmer after a year of sitting. We have to wait on his developement. I believe he will be ready next season.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

It's a gamble for Cleveland either way. If it was up to me I'd keep Derek Anderson and trade Quinn because you know what you have with Anderson and can build around that. You don't need a Peyton Manning to a win SuperBowl but you sure as hell aren't going to win with a Ryan Leaf(who Quinn may very well turn out to be)
                  Lakers | Dolphins | Canes | Dodgers

Comment

Originally posted by n9necount View Post
                    It's a gamble for Cleveland either way. If it was up to me I'd keep Derek Anderson and trade Quinn because you know what you have with Anderson and can build around that. You don't need a Peyton Manning to a win SuperBowl but you sure as hell aren't going to win with a Ryan Leaf(who Quinn may very well turn out to be)
                    Quinn won't be bad, just not as good as Anderson
                    Walter got PWN3D
                    Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Lets throw McNabb onto this list. They have Kolb and if he needs to sit out another year Feeley can run the team. What kind of value can the Eagles get for McNabb?

Comment

What if they traded McNabb and a 3rd rounder for the Vikings 1st rounder?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                          What if they traded McNabb and a 3rd rounder for the Vikings 1st rounder?
                          No one is going to part with a first round pick for Donovan McNabb.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            New England
                            Laurence Maroney (1st) ...If they take Darren McFadden this makes a lot of sense
                            Matt, would you really see Maroney being worth a 1st? I can't say that I've been that impressed by him this season. I've actually been far more impressed by another dreadlocked RB, Marion Barber out of Dallas this season. He showed much promise last season, but this year, I'll concede with time out due to injury, has failed to perform.

Plus, how much of his yardage is due to teams placing an extra man in coverage?

Comment

Anderson's stock will never be higher he will be traded for sure. Vilma is sick but they don't have as much need for him with their 4LB back that they have been using.
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X