X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by irish View Post
    I think I'd look to keep Anderson. For every Peyton Manning, there are like 5 Ryan Leafs. Groomed quarterbacks just don't seem to match up to the surprises. Think Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Bulger, (did people really know how good Rothlisburger was going to be) What was Montana's pedigree? Where was he drafted? And what about Gerard for the Jags this year.

Point is if Belicheck can let go of Bledsoe and go with Brady, Cleveland should swallow some pride and go with Andreson. Andy, if you're listening, I'd just go with Feeley at this point.
    The Browns love Brady Quinn. I don't know if it is the right decision, but I'm not there at practice watching him play.

Leave a comment:

• irish
    replied
    Originally posted by gq4ever View Post
    Rumor around cleveland is that Anderson is gone at the end of the season, unless we go the the Super Bowl or AFC championship, but even then he may still go.

The front office is high on Brady and can't wait for him to take over. Then you factor in the compensation we would get for Anderson as a RFA, it's a no brainer for the front office.
    I think I'd look to keep Anderson. For every Peyton Manning, there are like 5 Ryan Leafs. Groomed quarterbacks just don't seem to match up to the surprises. Think Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Bulger, (did people really know how good Rothlisburger was going to be) What was Montana's pedigree? Where was he drafted? And what about Gerard for the Jags this year.

Point is if Belicheck can let go of Bledsoe and go with Brady, Cleveland should swallow some pride and go with Andreson. Andy, if you're listening, I'd just go with Feeley at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
    Would Cinci think about trading Chad Johnson?
    I wouldn't Chad Johnson unless I got somewhere around 2600 points worth of picks in the 2008 draft and a first round pick in 2009.

Cincinnati is going to ask for a lot to any team wanting 85. And they should. They need to make the team wanting to get him to overpay. Cincy needs to have all the leverage in the deal and they won't give in and take anything less than what they are asking. And because they are going to do that (which is the right decision) he becomes just about impossible to deal.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    David Carr.
    I wouldn't trade Mr. Irrelevant for David Carr.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    They should consider it. TJ and Henry are great WRers and Chad is a great deep threat at all times, but he's struggled this year going to the middle of the field. If the price is right I think they should trade him, but I don't see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Would Cinci think about trading Chad Johnson?

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    David Carr.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry, and Kenny Watson are FAs in 2010. According to KFFL and some fan site. No idea on Irons

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    They just resigned Rudi to a big contract last year I believe. Not going to trade Irons right after they draft him. Perry has zero trade value. Maybe Watson, he could generate a 5th rounder.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Smith
    replied
    Also add to the list of possible potential candidtates, Any Bengals runningback.

Take your pick...
    Rudi Johnson
    Chris Perry
    Kenny Irons
    Kenny Watson

I wouldn't be suprised if 2 of them were gone next year. Anyone know if any are free agents?

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Just off the top of my head. Teams want to get additional draft picks and acquire some veteran talent

NY Jets
    Dewayne Robertson (2nd-3rd)
    Jonathan Vilma (1st-2nd)

New England
    Laurence Maroney (1st) ...If they take Darren McFadden this makes a lot of sense

Arizona
    Bryant Johnson (or is he a FA?...3rd-4th)

Tampa Bay
    Luke McCown and Chris Simms (5th...only if they draft a QB)

Can't think of any more...thoughts and suggestions on other players. I really think the Jets need to get rid of both of those players I mentioned. They don't fit their defense and they need to add some more young talent to their team.
    Bryant Johnson is a free agent. Shockey is not going anywhere, hes the only reliable guy at catching a ball for the Giants.

Another couple:

Miami

Marty Booker (I'd say about a 5th)
    Jason Taylor (about a 3rd)

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    I think Shockey is safe. I don't think the Falcons can afford to let Hall go, but they might.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Smith
    replied
    Just off the top of my head...

Derek Anderson, Jonathan Vilma, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Kalimba Edwards (if he doesn't take a pay cut), Chester Taylor, Kennoy Kennedy. Tatum Bell (May be a free agent)

Some that may be moved because they are team distractions...
    DeAngelo Hall, Jeremey Shockey. Both have been very vocal against managment and/or coaching staffs this year. I know Shockey always is but i get the distinct feeling he is really pushing it.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    They should keep him

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Anderson's stock will never be higher he will be traded for sure. Vilma is sick but they don't have as much need for him with their 4LB back that they have been using.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X