Bonds hits 756

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds hits 756

Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
    Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
    Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

To be honest, I didn't really care if Barroid hit his 756th today. To me, he cheated and he admitted that he cheated (though he said he didn't know - yeah right). He's not honorable.

That said, it's not all his fault. Baseball should have started testing sooner - or not testing at all. They did it half-assed, and now Barroid broke one of the most sacred marks in all of sports.

The bottom line is, Bud Selig is a complete buffoon.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Move along, nothing to see here.

Comment

I actually thought I wasn't going to care about that hit, but watching it was pretty cool. I probably won't care by tomorrow though. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          To be honest, I didn't really care if Barroid hit his 756th today. To me, he cheated and he admitted that he cheated (though he said he didn't know - yeah right). He's not honorable.

That said, it's not all his fault. Baseball should have started testing sooner - or not testing at all. They did it half-assed, and now Barroid broke one of the most sacred marks in all of sports.

The bottom line is, Bud Selig is a complete buffoon.
          I have never been a fan of Barry Bonds. But if you are going to criticize Barry, don't you need to criticize McGwire? Sosa?

Is it cheating if taking steroids wasn't against the rules? It isn't fair imo to say Barry cheated when he didn't do anything against the rules? I don't think physically his body is "natural" and I don't have much respect for the guy because I think think taking steroids and playing professional athletics is like taking a handgun to a MMA fight.

But, even without steroids Barry Bonds is a great hitter. I think the steroids held him back defensively as taking steroids gives your body less flexibility and add too much muscle mass to reach your peak speed.

Do I think Bonds could have reached the HR record without steroids? No way. But it isn't cheating if you didn't do anything against the rules.

I don't hate the player, I hate the game. I think less of MLB than Barry Bonds because it was their responsibility to keep steroids out of baseball and they blew it.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Might wanna add that to the Barry Bonds 756 scrapbook.

Comment

Hey, I never said I don't criticize Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro, Brady Anderson, etc. Bonds is just the relevant one here because he was going after the record.

But cheating IS against the rules - and he said he took it unknowingly. He's linked to Balco and his trainer is in jail. Plus, steroids are ILLEGAL.

It's just a shame to see Hank Aaron's sacred record broken unnaturally.

Bonds was a tremendous hitter even before he started juicing. But you said it, he wouldn't have broken the record. I think the record is what most people care about; not the fact that a superstar baseball player took steroids.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

But Walt, it wasn't cheating because taking roids weren't against the rules of MLB at the time.

I don't think Bonds breaking this record is really a big deal. Arod will shatter Bonds.

Comment

Yeah, but taking roids is illegal. They weren't against the rules before because they were illegal, just like homicide isn't in the rule book because it's obvious.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Barroid, kinda funny....remarkably amazing player and extremely intelligent....Can you imagine if he strategically planned his entire career by being the only player to steal 500 bases and hit over 500 home runs. Check this out, he stole most of the 500 bases before he took steroids, meaning when he was fast enought to move. Likewise once he took the steroids that is when his home runs went dramatically up or rather maintained his dominance at an older age. Barry is not only a physical speciment but it seems that he coud be the Einstien of Baseball!!!!!
                    Sales Tips and Sales Guide

"Football's Back" by: Rellik

Comment

Why just stop there?

Barroid could be the mastermind behind the whole steroid scandal in baseball. In fact, maybe he plotted the attacks of 9/11, and killed JFK and Abraham Lincoln.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I heard something interesting on the radio the other day. Bonds should have retired at 755. He would have the record with Aaron and people would hate him less.

Comment

How much do you guys think that ball is worth? With it being the most sacred ball in MLB history now and "Barroid" being the one to hit it.

Comment

I think it'll sell for more than a million.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Bonds sucks.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X