No announcement yet.

#1 pick in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford clear cut biggest prospect for this draft. Some OL prospects, I like Tebow alot sorry I know alot of you don't, no one does.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
      But the draft class gets negated because now they are all in the 3-4, which they don't fit.
      Haley said in a press conference that they were in the 4-3 under every snap during their mini-camp. So it might not be as bad as we all think. We definitely have adequate personnel for the under. Nothing to set the world on fire with, but much better than 3-4 personnel. Hopefully that is their base set during the season.

Comment

• AFC West is so awful that I think the division will give the Chiefs enough wins to avoid being the worst team in the NFL. I think if Cleveland deals Braylon, then the offense will be so terrible after losing Winslow, Stallworth, and Edwards that they'll go first overall in 2010.

Comment

• Malcom Sheppard and Adrian Davis. Remeber these 2 Names.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2x View Post
            YOu know it was his first season as a start. And Crosby missing the GW FG aint his fault. I mean he really didnt suceed in clutch moments, but his supporting cast and defense let him down too.
            Trent Edwards was very clutch in his rookie season. I don't know if you can honestly develop "clutch", it seems more like a part of your personality to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              Lol Leon Washington has been very good for the past 2 seasons. Thomas Jones was awful because the Jets had a horrible Oline in 07, but one of the better ones in the league in 08.

Brett Favre sucked and held the Jets back at the end of the season with his play. All the Jets really lost was him (good riddens) and one of their top WRs which to me hurt them more than Favre.

Depending on how they draft, how Gholston develops, and I guess injuries they can be a playoff team with Clemens or Ratliff.

Jets are lacking at some skill positions but look solid in most other positions. They have a legit playoff chance this year.
              All of my assumptions are based on the idea that they don't draft a QB, and that the two unproven QB's are bad. They are possible assumptions.

Leon Washington statistically(I noted in one response that I've seen very little Jets play) has been about the same the last 3 years, which is ok, and certainly good enough for his fit as a back. Thomas Jones also was a fluke because he had 1200 yds, and one TD. The O-Line got better last year, but the team also got a sturdy, and legit enough QB in favre.

I am assuming that the offense falls back to what it had 2 years ago( RB's could be better, but the Passing play will likely suck with one legit WR and no proven QB)

I just don't see them as a playoff team, especially when the division has gotten much better, led by the pats who have 52 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I know it sounds unlikely that a team that was ok last year picks first, but San Fran had the 16th pick before they were last the next year. Houston was 13th and then the next year picked 1st. Last year, Detroit was to pick 15th, and they lost every game...

Just because they finished 17th doesn't mean they are immune.
              draftmaven.com

MY TWITTER

Comment

• Jets are more likely to have #1 seed than #1 pick. You are totally underrating their defense.

Comment

• Cleveland for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                    Jets are more likely to have #1 seed than #1 pick. You are totally underrating their defense.
                    Their defense does not scare me enough to think that it could hold a team. Baltimore, Minnesota, Tennessee, Pitts, and maybe the Bears can do it... the Jets were 16th in yards allowed, and 18th in points allowed. This includes 29th in pass defense, and 7th in rushing D... They are not a top defense that can hold the pats, bills, and dolphins...

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...ular_rush.html
                    draftmaven.com

MY TWITTER

Comment

• Originally posted by a2x View Post
                      Malcom Sheppard and Adrian Davis. Remeber these 2 Names.
                      RB Joe Martinek #1 overall pick in 2011!!!!
                      NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

• can we add a poll to this?
                        WE MISS YOU BRONCO CON.....Date of post...Sept 2008- Jan 2010...R.I.P....your in a better forum now

Comment

• Originally posted by mycarman View Post
                          Their defense does not scare me enough to think that it could hold a team. Baltimore, Minnesota, Tennessee, Pitts, and maybe the Bears can do it... the Jets were 16th in yards allowed, and 18th in points allowed. This includes 29th in pass defense, and 7th in rushing D... They are not a top defense that can hold the pats, bills, and dolphins...

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...ular_rush.html
                          Well they have Rex Ryan, who honestly didn't have that much to work with in Baltimore. He basically gets more pass rushers in New York and more upgraded personnel.

Comment

• ^I will definitely give you that. The Ryan brothers have been top defensive cordinators for awhile now, and I'm glad that they've got one of them coaching now.

I wouldn't bet my fortune on the jets being last, I just think that in a year from now if we are talking about how nobody saw it(or a top 8 pick) coming, that I wouldn't be surprised
                            draftmaven.com

MY TWITTER

Comment

• Originally posted by BobLoblaw View Post
                              Yeah, except for being in good shape at QB, RB, TE, T, G, C, UT, RDE, MLB, WLB, CB, PR, KR, P, and K they're in dire straights. One of the Raiders few actual needs is a WR, but they don't seem to think so and they are not going to draft a WR in the first round for the first time in over 20 years when there aren't going to be any worthy of the pick on the board at #7. Oakland finished strong last year and plays in the worst division in football. There's no way they get the #1 pick next year.
                              Well if they were so deep at all those positions then they wouldn't have been so bad last year. The facts are that they have a putrid run defense, ranking above only the 0-16 Detroit Lions in that stat. What's more is that their pass D is completely overrated. Just because Asomugha recorded 8 picks doesn't make that part of their D exceptional. Last year they ranked 10th in pass coverage, hardly impressive considering teams were rushing the ball down their throats 95% of the time.

And did you really just say that O-line was a strength for OAK? Really? I mean, I'll concede that they can run block pretty well, but I wouldn't consider a unit that surrendered almost 40 sacks last year a success. If I'm not mistaken OAK's current starters at OT include cast-offs from San Francisco and JAX, hardly clubs with a good stable of linemen. Harris and Gallery are both busts, while Khalif Barnes is mediocre at best. He lasted as long as he did on the FA market for a reason.

And QB is still a huge question mark. JaMarcus hasn't even proven that he is a starting QB, let alone the #1 overall pick.

On top of all that, that organization lacks any type of coaching or front office structure. The HC role is a revolving door and well....Al Davis is still in charge. With all things considered, especially the Davis part, I don't foresee any success in the Raider's near future.

Comment

• The Raiders run defense is bad partly because of scheme and partly because they are lacking a run-stuffing NT and LB, which were 2 of the positions I left off my list. It also looks bad because they were often behind, and teams ran on them a lot.

Harris is gone, so no, they aren't starting any SF cast-offs at tackle. They were playing much better at the end of the year when Henderson replaced Harris, also. He shut down both Mario Williams and Gaines Adams to end they year. Gallery has turned into a really good LG, and they retained Carslile while picking up Satele from Miami on the interior. And they added Barnes, Pears, and Marcus Johnson at tackle. Barnes and Pears have both had good years in the past, and Barnes, Pears, and Henderson can all play both tackle positions. McQuistan is also a somewhat promising player who can play both tackle and gaurd. I'd feel more comfortable if they added another guy, but I don't think they'll have trouble putting a good line out there next year given all the versatility they have with their guys.

Quarterback is something of a question mark, but Russell should get better this year, and they have a capable back-up now in case things go wrong. in any case, it certainly isn't a position where there's a significant hole.

I was responding to the claims that Oakland had holes at nearly every position and that they would draft first next year. I think there are only a few positions where there are holes, and I think the Raiders are almost certain to finish second in the west next year, even if they only win 5 or 6 games. No team that finishes second in their division can get the first pick in the draft.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X