• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Added 2009 Quarterback Rankings

Very early, but fun...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009QB.php

I'll be adding more positions soon.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Ugh, I just want to puke to see what we have to look forward to.

Some unknowns really need to step their game up. Most of these QBs have below average talent in QB friendly schemes.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Yeah, definitely nowhere near the talent of the '08 class. We have Cantwell, McCoy and Longshore. That's about it...

But you never know - some unknowns could emerge in 2007 or 2008.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I'm not impressed with Longshore, his deep ball accuracy is below average and his arm strength is nothing to go crazy over. Seems like a mid round prospect.

McCoy seems like the athletic-run oriented QBs in college football which don't translate to NFL QBs.

One player to watch out for in my opinion that no one is talking about is Mark Sanchez. He's not going to unseat JD Booty this season, but if Booty gets injured I think Sanchez can make a name for himself.

Comment

Sanchez will definitely be up there - assuming he takes over Booty. Mitch Mustain also has a shot... though I think Sanchez will be the one to replace him.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Honestly, I don't ever see Mustain being a full time starter at USC. The roster is absolutely loaded with talented QBs...some USC fans claim he is the least talented scholarship QB which truly says a lot.

Big mistake imo for Mustain to transfer. It really hurt his draft stock because he will have to sit out a year and then scrap and claw for p.t.

Should have went to a school where he would be the clear cut starter after his transfer season and the offense had talent. I could think of 20 schools that would have been better fits for Mustain. Carroll is an amazing recruiter.

Comment

I agree with that. I was shocked when I found out Mustain went to USC.

At the same token, I'm not sure why Pete Carroll wanted Mustain. Carroll's the top recruiter in college sports right now by a long shot.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Just added Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez to the list.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Tim Tebow's career will be interesting. Alex Smith obviously was a #1 overall pick (in a weak draft) in UM's system at Utah.

If Tebow can't become a polished passer, I don't see him as more than a 3rd round draft pick. That said, he is only a sophomore and I am going to watch him closely this season and give him a clean slate going into the Gators brutal schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    I agree with that. I was shocked when I found out Mustain went to USC.

At the same token, I'm not sure why Pete Carroll wanted Mustain. Carroll's the top recruiter in college sports right now by a long shot.
                    Well, you just never know when your players will go down with injury. Also, Carroll won't be under a lot of pressure to produce another blue chip QB recruit with Mustain on the bench.

Comment

Walt, we don't see eye to eye on Tebow. But if we thought exactly the same, it just wouldn't be as fun.

I don't have anything against Tebow personally, I'm just not going to hype a quarterback this season that played fullback the season before.

Comment

I definitely love arguing... My ranking of Tebow is based on pure potential alone. If he struggles in 2007, he won't be anywhere near the top of the charts.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I don't know if you have ESPN Insider, Todd McShay (who I really and strive to be as a college football scout and NFL Draft expert) posted his rankings for 2008 and 2009 college football players. Pretty interesting. I didn't agree with all it (Chase Holbrook #1 QB for 2009), but still he does a great job for Scouts Inc.

Comment

I hope that's for the college season, and not the draft. I don't know about ranking Holbrook over Cantwell and Longshore in terms of the draft.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

No, it is for the NFL draft.

We have to be careful with Tedford QBs. So many NFL busts.

Comment

Working...
                              X