Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody pick up the Smashing Pumpkins new CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody pick up the Smashing Pumpkins new CD?

I'm a fan of grunge/ 90's alternative rock. Just picked up the new Smashing Pumpkins CD, pretty good! Glad to see Billy still has that strong voice. Too bad that D'arcy and James are no longer with the band. Corgan basically did everything on the album, besides play the drums. He laid all the vocals, all the guitars, piano.
    Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
    2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
    2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
    3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
    3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
    4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Their new CD is pretty decent. Certainly not as good as Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie, but good nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure that Corgan played the majority of the instruments in past studio recordings as well. He and Jimmy Chamberlin are really the core of the band.

Comment

Yeah, it is defiantly not on the same level as Siamese Dream, but it is good to see that they got back together (Corgan and Chamberlin), and put out a pretty good CD. Much better then all this emo crap the radio loves to play.
      Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
      2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
      2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
      3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
      3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
      4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

I just got the 50 cent, Kanye West, and Kenny Chesney CD.... They're all pretty good I really like the Kanye CD and #13 on 50 Cent since it has my favorite Eminem featured in it
        Check out my new site Today!
        Live 4 The Story

Comment

Speaking of the Pumpkins, Cadillac's new "be the hammer" commercials have a complete ripoff of the Smashing Pumpkins song "Cherub Rock".

If this was done without permission, I hope the band was/is aware, because it's almost note for note.

Comment

Working...
          X