Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom do you support in the 2008 election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I subscribe to the "one third rule" that is that of all voters one third will vote their party no matter who the candidate is but it's the middle third that determines the winner. I consider myself in that middle third.

Given that, I do not see anybody on the republican side that should be president, except maybe for McCain, but his own people won't nominate him. That leaves us with what's left on the other side.

That means the Clinton/Obama ticket has the best chance right now.

I did not vote for Bill Clinton in 1992, but when he was elected, I said at that time that his wife would make a better president than him. But will the fact that she is somewhat of a cold ***** keep her out? Maybe.

Comment

I don't like any of the candidates lol. I will exercise my right to vote and pencil in Vince Wilfork.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
        I subscribe to the "one third rule" that is that of all voters one third will vote their party no matter who the candidate is but it's the middle third that determines the winner. I consider myself in that middle third.

Given that, I do not see anybody on the republican side that should be president, except maybe for McCain, but his own people won't nominate him. That leaves us with what's left on the other side.

That means the Clinton/Obama ticket has the best chance right now.

I did not vote for Bill Clinton in 1992, but when he was elected, I said at that time that his wife would make a better president than him. But will the fact that she is somewhat of a cold ***** keep her out? Maybe.
        What has Obama done to warrant being the president? McCain is the best candidate there is on ethir side. The thing about him is, he is too old, and too honest. McCain is a true American hero. When everyone was playing politics with the war in Iraq and wanted to retreat, McCain was the only one with balls to say stay in there we need to win this war. Since McCain's Iraq plan the war has been as successful as it was in the beginning. Clinton and Obama have no where nead the experience McCain does.

Comment

Originally posted by ysuallthetime View Post
          What has Obama done to warrant being the president? McCain is the best candidate there is on ethir side. The thing about him is, he is too old, and too honest. McCain is a true American hero. When everyone was playing politics with the war in Iraq and wanted to retreat, McCain was the only one with balls to say stay in there we need to win this war. Since McCain's Iraq plan the war has been as successful as it was in the beginning. Clinton and Obama have no where nead the experience McCain does.
          I'm agreeing with you but not even his own party will nominate him. He can't be the republican nominee. I agree with you about Obama which is why he can only run for Vice President behind Hilary.

But, so many people hate her. That is her obstacle.

Comment

I vote for LT when he turns 35. Everyone likes him.
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Yeah but does he know how to handle a cigar?

Comment

Mike Mayock 4 Prez.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                  I'm agreeing with you but not even his own party will nominate him. He can't be the republican nominee. I agree with you about Obama which is why he can only run for Vice President behind Hilary.

But, so many people hate her. That is her obstacle.
                  I've resurrected this thread to publicly admit to YSU that I was wrong about John McCain and his chances.....and to annoy Matt because I know he hates talking politics.

McCain is really building up a head of steam. Stay tuned.

Comment

my roommate says Ron Paul would be the best choice but he isn't popular enough to win and Mike Huckabee is crazy.

Comment

1. Obama (had been Edwards)
                      2. Clinton (She's better then any GOP candidate)
                      1,000. Any republican

Comment

Originally posted by ysuallthetime View Post
                        He still had better grades than Kerry. 1310 is pretty good for a SAT score.
                        My brother got a higher act score!
                        As for who i would vote for if I was old enough it would have to be mike huckabee.
                        One of my brothers friends came up with this
                        "Float like Butterfly, Sting like a Huckabee"

Comment

LOL, that saying is funny. You should tell them to e-mail it to Huckabee. It seems like I'm the only democrat here. Is anyone else a democrat?

Comment

I'm a democrat, but you know what I'm more of a moderate with my views.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                              I'm a democrat, but you know what I'm more of a moderate with my views.
                              Who would/will/did you vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                                LOL, that saying is funny. You should tell them to e-mail it to Huckabee. It seems like I'm the only democrat here. Is anyone else a democrat?
                                I vote mostly Democrat, but I'm open depending on the individual. But McCain is so left wing for a Repub that it's hard to really differentiate him from Hilary from an issues standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X