Some 17 year old dude from my school's dad bought him a Subway franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 17 year old dude from my school's dad bought him a Subway franchise

Talk about being fed with a silver spoon.

This moron from my school who done nothing work wise, never done his homework, messed around, got into trouble outside of school now runs a Subway franchise that his dad personally bought and set up for him.

The location of the store is right next to two high schools, and a busy bus/train route which a lot of people use the local council's HQ and a large mail sorting office so hes bound to reel in the cash, and be set for the rest of his life!

Call me bitter, but it annoys me how this guy has done nothing and will be mega loaded for the rest of his life, while I'll have to work really hard to probably get a job with probably under half of what he would make in a year.

Doesn't life suck.

Comment

I read in some biz mag that Subway was the best franchise to own too since its cost are relatively cheap compared to the profit.

The last few subways I have had sucked btw, but I think it is just the specific store and not my consensus opinion on the restaurant.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

So his dad's smart, but he isn't.

Comment

Get over it.

Comment

Get over it. The guy has a really good father if he cares enough for his son to buy him something like that. My parents help me out and support me too within other means. One of my friends who never went to college bought his own sub sandwich shop, and didn't want to live from pay check to pay check his whole life. I know I will be successful too. Use that kid as motivation and become rich.

The best advice I ever received was from my grandpa when he said "what makes you think you can't be the richest person in the world." He's right, theres no reason I can't, I have the drive, the motivation, the intelligence and the will. Get out there and set standards for yourself. You're already conceding your life away by saying this kid will do better than you.

Comment

I actually looked into buying a Subway franchise about 4 years ago. Originally, Subway had rules that no store could be within, say, 5 miles of each other. An owner could reasonably stand to profit well into 6 figures.

But they changes the rules and now they can have them anywhere, like within a half mile or so if somebody wanted, so a lot of the original owners started selling.

If you think that $60,000 a year is great money, then go for it. I passed.

Comment

60k a year isn't great money? Since when?

Comment

Reading this thread people are acting as if setting up a Subway is quite cheap.

IIRC setting up a store requires a minimum financial input to the cause of a six figure sum and then the loans which you have to pay back.

Comment

Originally posted by ysuallthetime View Post
                    Get over it. The guy has a really good father if he cares enough for his son to buy him something like that. My parents help me out and support me too within other means. One of my friends who never went to college bought his own sub sandwich shop, and didn't want to live from pay check to pay check his whole life. I know I will be successful too. Use that kid as motivation and become rich.

The best advice I ever received was from my grandpa when he said "what makes you think you can't be the richest person in the world." He's right, theres no reason I can't, I have the drive, the motivation, the intelligence and the will. Get out there and set standards for yourself. You're already conceding your life away by saying this kid will do better than you.
                    How the hell did he afford it? Is his dad some kind of rich entrepreneur or did he rob a bank? This is Subway or some large Sandwich Shop chain I assume you are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      60k a year isn't great money? Since when?
                      If you're going to college to get a degree, to bust your ass making sandwiches to make $60,000 per year, save your tuition money and invest it in a Subway.

Sorry guys, maybe I'm spoiled, but I don't know how, these days, anybody can raise a family on $60K.

Comment

I think the point of college is to make more than 60,000k but maybe that's just me
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Thanks.....that was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                            If you're going to college to get a degree, to bust your ass making sandwiches to make $60,000 per year, save your tuition money and invest it in a Subway.

Sorry guys, maybe I'm spoiled, but I don't know how, these days, anybody can raise a family on $60K.
                            yeah you're probably spoiled. i know a lot of people who do it all right for 35 with a couple kids. not high on the hog, but plenty all right.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                              yeah you're probably spoiled. i know a lot of people who do it all right for 35 with a couple kids. not high on the hog, but plenty all right.
                              I guess it depends where you live, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X