Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the stuff in Bulldog's Poll too vulgar for a 6th-grader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the stuff in Bulldog's Poll too vulgar for a 6th-grader?

I think our society is way too puritanic for my liking, but then again my morals suck. What do you guys think? Curious to see how everyone feels about this.
    Definitely
    16.67%
    Not sure - torn like you
    25.00%
    Not at all
    58.33%
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I think the key is the phrase "for a 6th-grader". If I was a dad I don't think I'd want my 11/12 year old son getting that advice.

PS, Bulldog, just become Tom Brady, then you'll have hot women wear wedding dresses and propose to you and press conferences.

Comment

Maybe I was just a bad kid and maybe this is biased (because I was surely one of the people using vulgar language), but I know when I was in 6th grade my friends and I had all sorts of crazy stuff to say. If I had come to this board it wouldn't have shocked or opened my eyes up to the world or anything, but I've always been a pretty open and social person. 6th grade isn't that young. It's old enough to think for yourself. I like to treat younger kids as adults until they prove otherwise.

As for locking or unlocking the thread? Can't say it matters to much to me, but if we unlock it I'll be sure to tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
        I think the key is the phrase "for a 6th-grader". If I was a dad I don't think I'd want my 11/12 year old son getting that advice.

PS, Bulldog, just become Tom Brady, then you'll have hot women wear wedding dresses and propose to you and press conferences.
        I can't say from a dads perspective because I'm not one, but I wouldn't want my son to be kept away from reality b/c it isn't PG. Am I giving to much credit to a 6th grader? I like to fantasize that people can think for themselves.

Comment

That's a good point, I pretty much knew what everything was in 6th grade.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I didn't see what got deleted that caused the thread to be locked, but I don't think that the stuff we were talking about was too "vulgar". It was mostly about women and relationships in general.

Comment

Nah, there was stuff that was a little vulgar, but I knew all of that in 6th grade. But that's just me. However, I think that the language does need to be toned down just in case.

Comment

Curious to see what bulldog has to say about this mess.

Comment

Yea, my brother coaches a 4th-6th grade baseball team you should just hear what they say in 1 day.
                  Best quote
                  Coach
                  "So who can't make it to the next practice?"
                  Tyler
                  "I can't coach"
                  Coach
                  "Why not"
                  Tyler
                  "Well since Matt and his dad will be here I'm going to be f**king his mom in her a$$"
                  Coach
                  Try not to laugh

Comment

I'm an assistant coach (defensive backs) for my former highschool, and every summer the Junior high kids come up and practice with varsity (Junior high for us is 7th and 8th grade, but close enough) and their mouths are every bit as foul as the varsity, and trust me... it's bad. Maybe that's why I look at a 6th grader as more mature than most of the other people on this board.

Comment

He could the handle the cursing and vulgarity but it shouldn’t be done anyway. It’s not hard not to curse or be respectful.

We should direct him to the sports betting FAQ section of the website for when he gets his own bank account. Sorry, I’m just joking.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        Nah, there was stuff that was a little vulgar, but I knew all of that in 6th grade. But that's just me. However, I think that the language does need to be toned down just in case.
                        Well, it was more like PG 13, which a kid like that would probably be allowed to see.

Comment

When I locked the thread, which is what mods do, I deleted the last post by NNC...that is the only reason I locked the thread. So doing some poll people didn't even read that post IS POINTLESS.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I made a comment about a time I had sexual relations (not the act of love) with a women when I was younger. I personally didn't think it was offensive or I obviously wouldn't have said it.

I apologized to Matt and whoever else may have found in offensive or inappropriate and I'll tone it down. Still though, I don't think it was that bad. If you want to see that last post uhh and you're over the age of 18 or have parental consent then you can PM me.

Like I said though... I didn't think it was offensive. I apologize to those who did. I'll tone it down. I'm ready to drop it/move on when everyone else is... didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Comment

I say don't sweat it NNC. Our world continues on......

Comment

Working...
                              X