Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyp
    replied
    BR, they fixed it now, but players had a tendency to disappear in free agency. It would get so that in the 2-3 year of a franchise there would be no free agent kickers punters etc. Pretty crap if you get an injury.

God damn all-madden is hard. I'm having to rethink the way I play.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
    I dunno, they seem to change so much of the AI each year its not surprising things go a bit pear shaped every now and again. I was most surprised that during quality control testers weren't going "I don't usually throw 4 picks in a game on Rookie." My other gripe is the gang tackling that seems to always pitch the runner 3 yards forward.

Can't forget the franchise free agency glitch too.

Oh well, hope 09 fixes some of this.
    ?

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    I have Madden on PS3, is it any "better" on 360 or Wii....or PS2 for that matter?

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I wish 2K sports had a license...sigh. I currently have a Vikings 'chise on all-madden (keep in mind my custom rosters make the Vikings the worst team). I'm in year 2 and I'm 1-6.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    You'd think EA, the largest game publishing company in the world, would have enough cash to hire better programmers.
    I dunno, they seem to change so much of the AI each year its not surprising things go a bit pear shaped every now and again. I was most surprised that during quality control testers weren't going "I don't usually throw 4 picks in a game on Rookie." My other gripe is the gang tackling that seems to always pitch the runner 3 yards forward.

Can't forget the franchise free agency glitch too.

Oh well, hope 09 fixes some of this.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
    on my madden whenever the defense intercepts the pass the ball goes through the defenders hand and gets stuck in his arms
    You'd think EA, the largest game publishing company in the world, would have enough cash to hire better programmers.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    on my madden whenever the defense intercepts the pass the ball goes through the defenders hand and gets stuck in his arms

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Obviously the DBs cheat, their picks are messed up.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    I used all-pro as well, but now I use all madden. And I didn't try to "cheat".
    Are you calling me a Belichek? I guess I'm going to have to step up and play on all-madden.

I just found the db AI way out of control this year, it's like they've got eyes in the backs on their heads. I have tried to revive my Fins franchise, seems to be working after the latest update. We'll see if I can win the SB (no cheating) on all-madden. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    After you play so much Madden you can unrealistically beat the computer every time, but winning a simulated Superbowl or having a simulated undefeated season is just that much sweeter.

What I like to do it take a team and trade away all their good players (except for good and young ones) for draft picks the first year. So I have say, 10 first round picks or possibly 6 firsts, 3 seconds and a 3rd (10 picks is the limit). Then I import my NCAA draft class and pound away.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    That's what I do, NNC. I try to take the worst team and make them into a champion.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    I always played the franchise mode... I actually seldom played the games, I always liked to be the GM. Franchise was frustrating for me in Madden 05
    Whenever I play not I normally just GM a team. Simulate all the games and build a team like the Texans or Cardinals through the draft.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I have '04 and '08. O4 is better, especially with the big bugs in 08.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    2k5

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I always played the franchise mode... I actually seldom played the games, I always liked to be the GM. Franchise was frustrating for me in Madden 05

Leave a comment:

Working...
X