The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
    Either of you guys got a way to drop like 9 pounds in a week?

EDIT: No drugs.
    Do you care if it's an unpleasant experience?
    Originally posted by Daniel
    Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
    lmao

Comment

Either of you guys got a way to drop like 9 pounds in a week?

EDIT: No drugs.
      There's really not a healthy way to do it. The only way to do it in a permanent fashion is people who are massively obese generally retain tons of water, so if you start force feeding crap-tons of water, you can generally have a very rapid one month weight loss of pure water weight as your body gets used to the new influx. If you just need a temporary weight loss, look into wrestling/mma cutting programs. In the health world, it's usually considered unhealthy to drop more than a pound or two a week without having an extreme starting point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
        Do you care if it's an unpleasant experience?
        Unpleasant, as in, sprinting ten miles so I sweat and puke everything out is fine. Cutting my third and fourth toes of both feet off is not.

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        There's really not a healthy way to do it. The only way to do it in a permanent fashion is people who are massively obese generally retain tons of water, so if you start force feeding crap-tons of water, you can generally have a very rapid one month weight loss of pure water weight as your body gets used to the new influx. If you just need a temporary weight loss, look into wrestling/mma cutting programs. In the health world, it's usually considered unhealthy to drop more than a pound or two a week without having an extreme starting point.
        Oh, I didn't figure it'd be healthy at all, but I'm okay with that.

Comment

Unpleasant, as in, sprinting ten miles so I sweat and puke everything out is fine. Cutting my third and fourth toes of both feet off is not.

Oh, I didn't figure it'd be healthy at all, but I'm okay with that.
          Since you had a 1 week goal, I'm assuming that you have something you want to look good for in a weeks time, so using a cutting technique that fighters and wrestlers use would work. You'll just balloon back up the next day, and you'll also be shocking your body which might hamper attempts to lose the weight permanently.

If you actually have a long term goal for weight loss, but just want rapid results, get yourself on a low calorie diet that's low in carbs (and completely cut carbs out for dinner). For the exercise, you'll want to do intervals. Long runs aren't really great for calorie burning, what you want is to consistently bring yourself to extremely high heart rates multiple times per session. If you have a track near you, run two miles. Instead of just jogging 8 laps, kill yourself by performing the 100m dash. Then walk through the corner to bring your heart rate back down. Once you reach the flat, do the 100m dash again. Repeat for all 8 laps. You'll probably vomit before you hit the two mile point (or maybe before the 1st mile). Stop the workout at the vomit, or two mile point. Repeat every couple of days. Just remember that as gassed as you get, you must give maximum exertion for each dash. You'll be hurting, but you must do each one like you were running for your life, or trying for olympic gold. After a few, you'll be dying and slow, but as long as the exertion is there, you'll be getting the benefit.

Comment

• Look up a product called clenbuterol

and don't see me if you do it wrong and get hurt
            JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• Look up salt water flush.

Drink caffeinated green tea with allegra D and go for a run then. Before you eat.

Day before your goal, cut sodium to nothing and jack up water (I like with lemon, increased diuretic).

If you don't care about losing muscle with the fat, do lunges and squats, and then spend a long time on the treadmill or ellip.

Don't eat more than 25-40 carbs in a sitting within 4-6 hours of going to sleep.

Peanut Butter + Water right before bed.
              Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
              lmao

Comment

• How much should you start lifting at if you've never lifted before?

Comment

• The first time, a low enough weight where you can comfortably do sets in proper form and make sure you can feel the muscle being worked out, even if a little bit. After that at the highest weight you can complete a desired number of reps at in each set with proper form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlin5124 View Post
                    How much should you start lifting at if you've never lifted before?
                    Swag may argue with me on this, but it may benefit you to work with a trainer for your first couple times, or, better yet, an experienced lifter buddy who will do it without profit motive. It's extremely important to have good form, so having someone coach you on how to lift is important to make sure you're not going to injure yourself, and also make sure you are working the muscles you want to work (I see guys all the time at the gym attempting to curl way too much weight and using their back extensors, deltoids, traps, and other muscles to heave their arm forward to give it the momentum to complete the exercise). The catch to trainers is they make their money by making you depend on them, so they tend to recommend exercises that require a spotter or some other way of making you want to use them. There are some great trainers out there who will actually give you a workout plan that you can stick to independently, but they're few and far between.

Comment

• Trainers can **** off. Unless you get a trainer that has accolades and a specialty, they all give you the same endurance, cardio-based resistance training bull****. And introduce to such things as "super sets"!!!!

That being said. You should go for like a week of doing a bunch of exercises at whatever weight you feel comfortable with to figure out what you like the most and then stick with it, but make sure you keep some balance in it.

And people are usually dip****s, destroying their joints, and "feeling the burn" from immense amount of pressure they put on themselves... Yet they wonder why they look exactly the same as 5 years ago, or worse. ****in tards.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with utilizing momentum, as long as you're not dependent on it.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                        Also, there isn't anything wrong with utilizing momentum, as long as you're not dependent on it.
                        There isn't if you're trying to do an explosive exercise, such as a burpee. If you're trying to isolate individual muscles, your body will naturally want to compensate with stronger muscles, so the one you'll be trying to work won't get an actual workout. For instance, it's very easy to compensate with the massive pectoral when trying to workout the subscapularis (internal rotator of the shoulder, part of the rotator cuff).

Comment

• So I squatted with the thing where the barbell is attached to like a railing thing (someone was hogging the squat rack), and it killed my knees and back

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                            So I squatted with the thing where the barbell is attached to like a railing thing (someone was hogging the squat rack), and it killed my knees and back
                            My guess is you probably had your feet too far back. When squatting, it's very important to keep your knees above your feet and not moving out in front. When I coach people to do squats (keeping in mind that this therapy squats that are usually body weight only and not weight lifting squats), I tell them to bend at the knees and hip, but try to keep their knees in the exact same spot they are in when standing straight up. You really ought to be moving your butt way behind you instead of bringing it down. My guess is your feet were too far back, causing your knees to go forward and then working your back extensors instead of your gluts to bring the bar back up.

Comment

• Weighed in at 5 under. Apparently I lost 7 pounds in three days. Thanks guys.

Comment

• I'm so sore.

Legs day tomorrow.
                                Sig Bets

Sig Bet - Levine Toilolo will have at least 40 receptions in 2014 (ChicagoJay)

Title Bet - Toilolo will have 4+ TDs in 2013 (ChicagoJay) - TD Count: 2 :(

Round 1: Vic Beasley, OLB Round 2: Benardrick McKinney, ILB/OLB Round 3: Nick O'Leary, TE Round 4: Jermaine Whitehead, FS Round 5: Terry Williams, NT Round 6: Antwan Goodley, WR

Originally posted by Alastair
                                It's a little outside of my scope of practice, but I believe the Browns have some form of auto-immune disorder that has been sinking the team into the ground for around 30 years. Many quarterbacks and coaches have come and gone, but none have been able to fight off this condition. There are some players with star talent on the roster, but the since there isn't enough hive immunity from sucking, the Browns continue to falter and can't seem to produce wins. I'll defer here to Johnnyallstar as he might have some information on the Browns' timeline of recovery and chances of reinjury.

Comment

Working...
                                X