No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I skipped abs yesterday, because seriously, I hate doing abs. It just hurts, and I'm still chubby so it's not like they're gonna magically appear.

Comment

• I want to make my abs more defined. I have a nice adonis belt, but I'm not happy with my abs.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenruk View Post
        Swag, you recommend doing abs everyday (crunches before people, etc.) or dedicating a whole workout to abs?
        I'd actually recommend mixing it up. At the very least, I do 5-8 ab exercises at the end of every workout that take like 8-10 minutes total. But each day 5 exercises stay the same, and I throw in 3 different ones. Then on days you do legs it's a necessity to do abs because if you don't over time your ass will start to be pushed outward and give you weird posture (which will effect how your abs look).

Then some weeks I will skip doing abs on Saturday and Tuesday, then dedicate Wednesday and Sunday to doing an all-encompassing ab workout.

My daily ab workout is...

Dumbbell Pullover
        Bench Crunch w/ Legs Straight
        Roman Chair Leg Raise
        SuperSet: Side Leg Raise + Side Hyperextensions
        Plank Complex (all sides)

Then I cycle through...

Leg Raises (on ground)
        Torso Twist (machine, works surprisingly well at high weights)
        Ab Wheel Rollout (great for lower abs)
        Weighted Side Bends
        Side Knee Raises
        Hanging (Sounds lame, but hanging from a pull-up bar with your abs flexed for a few minutes kills)
        Yoga Positions w/ 20 second holds
        Rope Crunch
        Reverse Side Bends (I think I just made this up, but no idea what else to call it)

And then on days I do a full ab workout, this is what I got:

*No spaces between exercises means I SuperSet them*

Dumbbell Pullover -- 3 Sets
        Dumbbell Side Bend -- 3 Sets

Bench Crunch -- 1 Set
        Roman Chair Leg Raise -- 1 Set
        Roman Chair Side Knee Raise -- 1 Set

Rope Crunch -- 2 Sets

Torso Twist Machine -- 2 Sets

Side Leg Raises -- 1 Set
        Side Hyperextensions -- 1 Set
        Leg Raise (Ground) -- 1 Set
        Ab Squish -- 1 Set (nig-rigged version of Russian Twist)

Plank Left
        Plank Right
        Plank Front (Double the time done on Left/Right)

Ab Wheel Rollout -- 1 Set
        Hanging

And this takes about...40-50 minutes?
        Originally posted by Daniel
        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
        lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
          I'd actually recommend mixing it up. At the very least, I do 5-8 ab exercises at the end of every workout that take like 8-10 minutes total. But each day 5 exercises stay the same, and I throw in 3 different ones. Then on days you do legs it's a necessity to do abs because if you don't over time your ass will start to be pushed outward and give you weird posture (which will effect how your abs look).

Then some weeks I will skip doing abs on Saturday and Tuesday, then dedicate Wednesday and Sunday to doing an all-encompassing ab workout.

My daily ab workout is...

Dumbbell Pullover
          Bench Crunch w/ Legs Straight
          Roman Chair Leg Raise
          SuperSet: Side Leg Raise + Side Hyperextensions
          Plank Complex (all sides)

Then I cycle through...

Leg Raises (on ground)
          Torso Twist (machine, works surprisingly well at high weights)
          Ab Wheel Rollout (great for lower abs)
          Weighted Side Bends
          Side Knee Raises
          Hanging (Sounds lame, but hanging from a pull-up bar with your abs flexed for a few minutes kills)
          Yoga Positions w/ 20 second holds
          Rope Crunch
          Reverse Side Bends (I think I just made this up, but no idea what else to call it)

And then on days I do a full ab workout, this is what I got:

*No spaces between exercises means I SuperSet them*

Dumbbell Pullover -- 3 Sets
          Dumbbell Side Bend -- 3 Sets

Bench Crunch -- 1 Set
          Roman Chair Leg Raise -- 1 Set
          Roman Chair Side Knee Raise -- 1 Set

Rope Crunch -- 2 Sets

Torso Twist Machine -- 2 Sets

Side Leg Raises -- 1 Set
          Side Hyperextensions -- 1 Set
          Leg Raise (Ground) -- 1 Set
          Ab Squish -- 1 Set (nig-rigged version of Russian Twist)

Plank Left
          Plank Right
          Plank Front (Double the time done on Left/Right)

Ab Wheel Rollout -- 1 Set
          Hanging

And this takes about...40-50 minutes?
          Great, thanks a lot!
          sigpic

Comment

• There's always so many manlets at the gym. I feel like I'm at Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory.

Comment

Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
              lmao

Comment

• Scooby's gone.
                sigpic

Comment

• All the reviews for the gyms for my area are either way too freaking expensive ($100+), has terrible reviews, or doesn't have enough equiment

What do I do D:, I haven't worked out in a week, and it's killing me

This is where I lives http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=gyms...desc=gyms&cflt
                  Last edited by RoflDogs; 07-22-2013, 10:30 AM.

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                    All the reviews for the gyms for my area are either way too freaking expensive ($100+), has terrible reviews, or doesn't have enough equiment

What do I do D:, I haven't worked out in a week, and it's killing me

This is where I lives http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=gyms...desc=gyms&cflt
                    I wouldn't really put a whole lot of stock into those reviews. If you do my area, the Planet Fitness is rated higher than the 250 million dollar Cambridge facility.

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

Pro Football SUPERSTAR; Laron Landry.
                      lolololol good times marketing executives. good times.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• GOOD ONE GONG GOOD ONE

HOW BOUT YOU SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKlN BOUT

LARON LANDRY IS A FOOTBALL GOD

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

GOOD ONE GONG GOOD ONE

HOW BOUT YOU SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKlN BOUT

LARON LANDRY IS A FOOTBALL GOD
                          Laron Landry, Handsome Gentleman with tight girlie shirts.

Laron Landry, when swolled is too small

Laron Landry, when a kneecap is something you break on other people

Laron Landry, dream lover

Laron Landry, tumblr
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• tumblr

That's how you sound.
                            lmao

Comment

• Couldn't find a gym today, so I decided to kick it old school and just do backs with a pair of 20 pound dumbbells.

Did like 10 sets total of a bunch of different types of rows

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Getting some good gains now. Up 7lbs in the past 3 weeks. Buying serious mass has helped. Yeah whatever it's a load of carbs and probably not worth it, but the extra 1000 cals a day has been really useful and I take it right after the workout so it's at least when the carbs are needed. 2 more months bulking and it's finally cut time.

Comment

Working...
                                X