• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop watching highlight reels on youtube then

Comment

• Listen to spiteful chant on repeat.
      sigpic

Comment

• At the gym this morning, I saw 4 guys who I had never seen before. Usually its the same group of people right when the gym opens, so they instantly caught my attention. They were doing the overhead snatch, and you could tell they had never done them before (I havent myself either, for the record). Anyway, the first kid goes and does the bar +20 lbs and struggles mightily, no big deal, first time. So the next kid goes and does 40 lbs and does it pretty easily. When its the first kids turn again, he says he wants to do 40. They all ask him if hes sure and he is adamant that he can do it and says "doesnt hurt to try". He proceeds to try and do it, and would have knocked himself out if the other kids didnt catch the bar before it landed on him. I was just loling to myself in the leg press.

On a personal note, ever since I switched plain instant oats for the french toast in my breakfast (along with 5 hard boiled eggs) I swear my lifts have gotten better. Its probably just a placebo, but thats fine with me. Usually when im progressing in the leg press for example, I will add a 25 lb plate to each side, then switch that one with a 45 when im ready to go up again. For whatever reason, recently I have been able to skip the 25's entirely without compromising form.
        Last edited by Prodigy; 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Do you squat prod?

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Last year I tried to transition from leg press to squats, and I didnt like it. I couldnt mentally handle going from high weight to low weight, which I know you are supposed to not concern yourself with. But it felt like I was starting from square one(it was the first time I had ever tried to squat), which I didnt like.

I might go back and try and get myself to do it during winter break when I go to a gym at home. I know squatting is better so I should really try to make the switch.

Comment

• Squats are quite painful.

And I regressed 30 pounds on my squats because I haven't done it legitly in a month D:

Comment

• I only squat like 175 and do that + ham curls + calf raises. Anyone who trains legs seriously is kidding themselves. brb can't wear nice pants, brb look terrible because quads are way too big for torso, brb might enter tour de france next year.

Comment

• I do it mainly for sports. My lower body is naturally huge, so why not

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukic View Post
                    I only squat like 175 and do that + ham curls + calf raises. Anyone who trains legs seriously is kidding themselves. brb can't wear nice pants, brb look terrible because quads are way too big for torso, brb might enter tour de france next year.
                    I like it when girls do it though.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenruk View Post
                      I like it when girls do it though.

Comment

• Today I experimented and had coffee before my workout (half coffee, half 2% milk)

If I start drinking that with breakfast on the days I work out, will I get to the point eventually where if I dont have it, my workout will suffer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                          Today I experimented and had coffee before my workout (half coffee, half 2% milk)

If I start drinking that with breakfast on the days I work out, will I get to the point eventually where if I dont have it, my workout will suffer?
                          Maybe for a few days, but your body gets used to not getting the caffeine boost it'll be like before you started drinking coffee.

And how the hell do you drink half coffee, half milk? Isn't that gross?
                          sigpic

Comment

• tastes fine to me

Comment

• I personally don't drink coffee because I'll probably grow a dependence to it and waste tons of moneys on the coffee

Comment

• I train my legs. **** you

Comment

Working...
                                X