No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh just bought the Optimum creatine since I trust the brand and it has good reviews.

Optimum stuff was on sale anyways.

Comment

• I'm afraid to try creatine because of hair loss. I already have thin hair.

Just gonna go the natty whey

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Never heard of that side effect..

Comment

• Originally posted by football2ky View Post
          Never heard of that side effect..
          Nor have I. I'm already bald so it doesn't really matter, but still.

Comment

• Yeah it's bull****. Just read 4 different things on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by football2ky View Post
              Yeah it's bull****. Just read 4 different things on it.
              lol what'd you read.

http://examine.com/faq/does-creatine...-baldness.html

It's not "definite" (as in no direct study) but I've read accounts of people losing hair while on creatine and there is scientific reasoning behind its possibility.

And I'm not sacrificing hair for gains

Comment

• Rofl, are you a hypochondriac?
                Originally posted by Daniel
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                  Rofl, are you a hypochondriac?
                  Lol
                  JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

Rofl, are you a hypochondriac?
                    Slightly. But I have sparse hair already, and that stuff runs in my family so yeah...

Comment

• I don't blame you if you're legitimately concerned. Just at this point creatine is getting the same treatment as acutane and everything that apparently causes cancer. Not trying to convince you otherwise, just half the terrible things that can apparently happen will never happen to 95% of consumers.

Edit - if you feel predisposed to it, don't. Just more or less telling others that they should take it with a grain of salt.
                      Originally posted by Daniel
                      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

I don't blame you if you're legitimately concerned. Just at this point creatine is getting the same treatment as acutane and everything that apparently causes cancer. Not trying to convince you otherwise, just half the terrible things that can apparently happen will never happen to 95% of consumers.

Edit - if you feel predisposed to it, don't. Just more or less telling others that they should take it with a grain of salt.
                        I get what you mean. Not trying to tell people to not take creatine because it obviously does wonders to those it works for, but I've been still making good progress without it and not boutta risk going bald before 20 mayne.

Comment

• Workout nerds assemble!

How can I get "wings"? I've been doing back work all the time. My back muscles grew and it's looking more like a puzzle but the lats aren't there. I want that wide V look. My routine is:

narrow grip seated cable rows, pulldowns, standing bent over barbell rows, and lately I've been throwing in pull ups.
                          http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

• V taper is usually genetic. I remember you having wide hips in your pics, so you'll probably not get that exact V look.

You can however look much wider than you do now though. Wings are all lats, but they don't grow over night. It's going to take like a solid year.

Also do some delt work, which is a huge part of looking wide. OHP, lateral raises, dumbbell presses.

Build a strength base with OHP, and then do hypertrophy work with the latter two

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                              V taper is usually genetic. I remember you having wide hips in your pics, so you'll probably not get that exact V look.

You can however look much wider than you do now though. Wings are all lats, but they don't grow over night. It's going to take like a solid year.

Also do some delt work, which is a huge part of looking wide. OHP, lateral raises, dumbbell presses.

Build a strength base with OHP, and then do hypertrophy work with the latter two
                              I think I got the shoulders part down. They're easily my best assets. The thing about my back is I've seen gains but they haven't been growing sideways. I'm hoping pull ups will help that. And what's hypertrophy?
                              http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
                                I think I got the shoulders part down. They're easily my best assets. The thing about my back is I've seen gains but they haven't been growing sideways. I'm hoping pull ups will help that. And what's hypertrophy?
                                Hypertrophy literally just means growth of muscle tissue.

But you can't really work out your lats in a way to make you "grow wider." Wideness just naturally comes with lat/delt growth. There's no way to grow muscle tissue in a way to make them a different shape (e.g. I can't make my calves be thick on the top and slim at the bottom. They just all grow together). It's like how you can't really "tone" muscle

So basically keep training son

Comment

Working...
                                X