No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isit cheating when you're benching and your spotter puts their hands underneath the bar on the way up and down?
    http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
      If you believe dairy isn't the devil I feel bad for you.
      Dairy isn't great for you, and I try to limit how much I take in but I think it's pretty clear that Whey > Soy

Comment

• Originally posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
        Isit cheating when you're benching and your spotter puts their hands underneath the bar on the way up and down?
        Yes.

Please don't be the guy who has the spotter doing this every rep

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
          Yes.

Please don't be the guy who has the spotter doing this every rep
          I figured. I was doing it today and it felt much easier. WHy is that?

Comment

Isit cheating when you're benching and your spotter puts their hands underneath the bar on the way up and down?
            You shouldn't be doing it every rep, but it can help if they're doing just enough to keep you from stopping from muscle failure. If you can add an assisted rep at the end, it can be very beneficial. As Rofl said though, if you're doing it every rep from the beginning, you're just being a a-hole who's trying to lift too much weight.

Comment

I figured. I was doing it today and it felt much easier. WHy is that?
              Because any sort of upward force on the bar would make it feel lighter.

The worst (I'm not saying you did this but) is when there are two bros benching, and one dude is practically rowing the bar for the other guy.

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
              You shouldn't be doing it every rep, but it can help if they're doing just enough to keep you from stopping from muscle failure. If you can add an assisted rep at the end, it can be very beneficial. As Rofl said though, if you're doing it every rep from the beginning, you're just being a a-hole who's trying to lift too much weight.
              Yeah this. Lukic said he did the assistance reps at the end with a gym bro and apparently helped him out a ton.

Speaking of benching, I've switched from TnG to paused reps. Might have to redo a phase of my programming because of it, but I'm riding it out for now. I just wasn't getting any stronger using TnG

Comment

• Making solid progress on my calves. Nothing spectacular, but I'm making it.
                sigpic

Comment

• I always want to do a workout, but then someone bugs me to go to the bar or some event

Comment

• I've been adding cardio before workouts. Thinking of saving the heavy cardio for days for when I don't lift cause I feel like puking afterwards.

Also, my bicep workout basically looks like:

3x6 of 60 barbell curl.
                    3x10 of 45 preacher curl
                    3x15 of wrist curl

How can I improve it?

Comment

I've been adding cardio before workouts. Thinking of saving the heavy cardio for days for when I don't lift cause I feel like puking afterwards.

Also, my bicep workout basically looks like:

3x6 of 60 barbell curl.
                      3x10 of 45 preacher curl
                      3x15 of wrist curl

How can I improve it?
                      It won't really get your biceps, but you can rotate hand positions with the barbell curl. If you start with palms facing your hips and rotate your wrists on the way up, so your palms face your shoulders when you reach the top, you'll be working primarily biceps (biceps flex the elbow and supinate the forearm). If you keep your palms facing inside the whole time (so the thumb side of the weight hits your shoulders), you'll be working your brachialis more (an elbow flexor that's underneath the biceps. If you keep your palms facing down, you'll work more on your brachioradialis, which is a forearm muscle that starts on the outside of the elbow and connects to the wrist near your thumb.

Comment

• Does anybody else get horny after they work out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                          Does anybody else get horny after they work out?
                          Do you even lift?

I really like the progress I'm seeing in my lats. I'm getting that wing effect when I flex. When I came off the cycle everything came through but my lats. My back was growing out not sideways. I've been natty for over 2 months now and it's pretty cool to say that I got noticeable gains via diet and working out alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                            Does anybody else get horny after they work out?
                            No. But honestly, if I don't jerk off before I lift, I feel kind of weird. For some reason that's my routine.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Deaner View Post
                              No. But honestly, if I don't jerk off before I lift, I feel kind of weird. For some reason that's my routine.
                              I like to jerk off but not cum before I lift. It makes me way more aggressive.

Comment

• So close to OHPing 1 plate for reps.

smh why the hell is it my best lift, I started doing it like less than 2 months ago

Comment

Working...
                                X