The Workout Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Ishikawa lol.

Gonna be interesting WS. Won't be surprised if the Giants blow the Royals out of the water

Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    Is he talking about cleans or something? I couldn't figure out what he was talking about
    Originally posted by Lenny View Post
    I believe he said he halfrepped.

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
      That means nothing to me lol. You can't really half-rep a clean. I'm guessing that would mean squats?
      JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
        That means nothing to me lol. You can't really half-rep a clean. I'm guessing that would mean squats?
        Bench

Comment

Bench
          : |

Never half rep on bench.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• Again, I thought that's what RHSC meant. Let's not crucify him yet.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
              Again, I thought that's what RHSC meant. Let's not crucify him yet.
              Either that, or he's obliterating his shoulders

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                Again, I thought that's what RHSC meant. Let's not crucify him yet.
                I figure he meant squats since he was talking about being 90 degrees.

Comment

Either that, or he's obliterating his shoulders
                  This is a stupid question, but how would you stop should pain on bench. Purely a form thing?
                  sigpic

Comment

I figure he meant squats since he was talking about being 90 degrees.
                    I hope he can squat more than 175 for 6 reps.

Speaking of which, did 250 for 6 @10 today . Don't know why it felt so heavy

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                    This is a stupid question, but how would you stop should pain on bench. Purely a form thing?
                    I'm assuming shoulder/rotator cuff right?

Do close grip bench for a lil bit to let it heal. Most important thing is external rotation of your shoulders ("bend the bar") and to have the bar touch below the nipple line

Comment

I hope he can squat more than 175 for 6 reps.

Speaking of which, did 250 for 6 @10 today . Don't know why it felt so heavy
                      I still haven't started on them this term. I will next Tuesday and probably do an estimated max. I just haven't wanted to deal with the soreness.

I'm assuming shoulder/rotator cuff right?

Do close grip bench for a lil bit to let it heal. Most important thing is external rotation of your shoulders ("bend the bar") and to have the bar touch below the nipple line
                      I like getting my shoulders involved, honestly. Probably bad form overall but it feels good to me.

Comment

I still haven't started on them this term. I will next Tuesday and probably do an estimated max. I just haven't wanted to deal with the soreness.

I like getting my shoulders involved, honestly. Probably bad form overall but it feels good to me.
                        Bench works your front delts, no doubt, but you don't want to press with the rotator cuffs in a compromised position.

Comment

Bench works your front delts, no doubt, but you don't want to press with the rotator cuffs in a compromised position.
                          Yeah I don't think I do that. Just saying I like feeling it in my shoulders.

Comment

• I don't like to get my shoulders involved in any exercise if I can. But that's mostly because I have arthritis, tendonitis, and a bone spur in my left one, so yeah.

Comment

• Any advice on here for sticking to a diet...or staying under that caloric deficit? Sometimes I'll even eat too many healthy foods and go over my calories for the day (i.e. protein pudding or something like that).

I know I need to drink more water and seriously track my food/count macros. But I'm sick of having the same body despite going to the gym hard 5+ times a week. Want to get to around 10% body fat.

Thanks
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                                Any advice on here for sticking to a diet...or staying under that caloric deficit? Sometimes I'll even eat too many healthy foods and go over my calories for the day (i.e. protein pudding or something like that).

I know I need to drink more water and seriously track my food/count macros. But I'm sick of having the same body despite going to the gym hard 5+ times a week. Want to get to around 10% body fat.

Thanks
                                Despite Rofl's protests, if you've got the will to be strict, try the keto diet. It doesn't work for everyone, but give it a week and see if you like the results. I've known a few people, my wife included, who it works great for and they shed fat like crazy. I have heard of some people who it just doesn't work for and they tend to stay in the keto flu (usually a few day period where you don't feel like you have any energy) for the whole time they're on it. Most people only get it for the first three or four days and then they feel like they have more energy than they did before. When you cut out the carbs completely, it's much easier to stay under your calorie totals for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X