• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current lifts and how much theyve gone down this semester

Squats: 250x3 @9. Before: 275x4 @9
    Deadlifts: 292x3 @9. Before: 330x5 @9
    Bench:192x3 @9. Before: 205x3 @8.5
    OHP: 135x3 @9.5. Before: 150x3 @9

My upperbody lifts have not gone down that much, but my lower body stuff blows now lmao

I should be getting back into it pretty quick tho

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Been working on my overhead squat everyday to get my mobility on point.

Btw Al, if there's an awkward feeling crack in my achilles everytime i move my big to up and down when i point my foot, does that mean by achilles is not bueno? I hurt it 2 years ago and has been kinda meh since

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        Btw Al, if there's an awkward feeling crack in my achilles everytime i move my big to up and down when i point my foot, does that mean by achilles is not bueno? I hurt it 2 years ago and has been kinda meh since
        That's a tough one and something that I've never heard before. Is the cracking feeling painful, or just kind of weird feeling? Also, where do your shoes tend to wear out, as far as inside, middle, or outside of heel, and same areas for the toes? Hopefully you have an old pear of sneakers to check out. Ones used for running would be most useful for this determination. I did find this that seems to be the most apt descriptor of what you might be going against, but it's hard to say:

Flexor hallucis longus tendinopathy is most common among ballet dancers. Patients may complain of an insidious onset of pain in the posteromedial aspect of the ankle; treatment involves correcting physical training errors, focusing on body mechanics, and strengthening the body's core.
        The flexor hallucis longus is the muscle that points your big toe down. The muscle is located deep in the calf and the tendon runs underneath the Achilles, which would explain why your movement and location of the cracking would make sense. Here's a pic for reference. I assume the cracking is slightly towards the inside/medial of your Achilles as opposed to the outside/lateral area.

Comment

• Here's some vid

https://youtu.be/3GOTTMVB8zI

Pic of my shoe. Don't have a really old sneaker at hand, but I've walked a TON in these. Not too much wearing out though

http://imgur.com/0fONJHZ

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
          That's a tough one and something that I've never heard before. Is the cracking feeling painful, or just kind of weird feeling? Also, where do your shoes tend to wear out, as far as inside, middle, or outside of heel, and same areas for the toes? Hopefully you have an old pear of sneakers to check out. Ones used for running would be most useful for this determination. I did find this that seems to be the most apt descriptor of what you might be going against, but it's hard to say:

The flexor hallucis longus is the muscle that points your big toe down. The muscle is located deep in the calf and the tendon runs underneath the Achilles, which would explain why your movement and location of the cracking would make sense. Here's a pic for reference. I assume the cracking is slightly towards the inside/medial of your Achilles as opposed to the outside/lateral area.

No pain, just feels weird, but yeah I feel it mostly in that FHL area

And my big toe always cracks

Comment

• If the cracking isn't associated with pain, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Generally, pops and cracks in the joints are usually not a concern unless associated with pain. From the wear on your shoe, it looks like you have a very slight tendency to over pronate. I don't think you need to worry about orthotics or new insoles at this point, but doing some calf stretches with the knee straight (gastroc) and with it flexed (soleus) will help give you some flexibility in those muscles that may be a bit over tight. Also, if you can get yourself some theraband or some other resistance cord, performing some dorsiflexion (moving the foot up, like taking it off the gas pedal), and inverting (twisting the ankle up and to the inside) against some light resistance will help correct that. You may find that doing those will help that tendon. It sounds like this may just be a warning of future dysfunction so if you start addressing it now, you should be fine. Also, lay off any calf strengthening (heel raises) you're may be doing independently (it's not like you of all people need bigger calves anyway) and stick to your regular leg exercises.

Comment

• I haven't done calf raises in months lol

but the thing with that area is that it's my trouble spot. Whenever I played basketball, that area would start to swell and have a little pain. So I'm just a little concerned about that spot

And I had orthotics before, but I stopped using them when I realized that i just had some major valgus knee and duck feet, and not direct flat feet. Fixed that and have been pretty good since (been 2 years now)

And Imma invest in a band or two when I get back to the states. Gotta get on that mobility routine.

Comment

• Yeah, it sounds like you have some tendinopathy there. At least do the stretches for now. That might help in the short term.

Comment

• This past week has been my first week without caffeine of any kind in years.

I feel like I am dying.
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• Started working out in January and gained about 30lbs. Pretty happy with my strength too. Thanks for all the advice a while back swag.

Comment

• 30 LBs?

Dayum

Comment

• Where do you guys get your protein? Truenutrition.com is good right?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Myprotein. There's plenty of youtubers with 20% discount codes that I use

But I ordered the wrong flavor again by mistake, so I'm just chugging through it

don't get cookies and cream guys

Comment

• Bodybuilding.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                              Where do you guys get your protein?
                              Meat and eggs.

Comment

• Al I sprained my UCL like 2 months ago, and it was healing slowly but ok, but I kinda messed it up again yesterday. Not as bad as the first time, but it's a little achy

how do i fix this. It was taking forever to heal, and I still had a tiny bit residual pain

Comment

Working...
                                X