The Workout Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love upper body days.

4 sets of bench pyramid style for the next 3 weeks (8, 6, 4, 2, 10).
    4 sets of 6 of fly machine.
    4 sets of pyramid incline pyramid style (8, 6, 4, 2, 10).

Current arm cycle: 3 cycles

1. Hammer Curls 12 for each arm 24 reps total.
    2. 8 reps skull crushers.
    3. 21s (curls 7 reps halfway up from bottom to right below pecs, 7 reps from top to right below pecs, 7 normal reps).
    4. 8 reps narrow grip bench.
    5. 8 reps reverse curls.
    6. Triceps burnout.
    7. Biceps burnouts.

Followed by usual abs workout: 2 cycles

1. 20 reps Roman Chair bench leg raises.
    2. Pull-up clock rotations. (kind of hard to explain, basically I use the pull-up bar on the back of my Roman Chair to pull my chin above the bar, then I move my legs over my head and moving legs in a clockwise motion stopping at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock for 1 second for max effectiveness). 6 reps clockwise then 6 reps counter clockwise.
    3. 15 quick crunches, 25 bicycles.
    4. 15 quick crunches, 25 bicycles.
    5. 20 reverse crunches.
    6. One minute front bridge.
    7. One minute side bridge.
    8. One Minute side bridge. (other side obviously).
    9. 6 inch Sun Gods. Pretty sure this is not the correct term for this exercise but it is what my recruiter calls them. Basically, you raise your feet 6 inches off the ground and do "Sun Gods" (rotating your arms in circles) at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. This is the hardest part for me. My abs constantly burn during them. Max Effort reps.

Comment

• Great workout, moved up weights and kept reps the same OR increased on quite a few. Feel awesome.

Also, you should grip the bar so that your wrists are not bent back at all... Hold your arm out with your wrist straight, like your punching someone, and that is how your wrist should be while your gripping the bar.

And if your bars have like a smooth part in the middle followed by a gritty part, you should place your hand about 2 inches out from the smooth part - touching your chest with the bar is not a positive while benching.

If you're using dumbbells, same thing you don't have to bring it down so your elbows bend below your chest - like the dumbbells can stop a few inches above your chest.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
      lmao

Comment

• What lifts did you do Swag?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yeti123 View Post
          What lifts did you do Swag?
          My workout is mostly in the OP, but I do a mass-adding workout that is 1 body part per day.

Day 1: Back
          Day 2: Chest
          Day 3: Abs
          Day 4: Legs
          Day 5: Shoulders and Arms
          Day 6: Core / Light Cardio
          Day 7: Cardio

In which, I do exercises in 3-5 Sets, going to failure with either the same or descending weight.

Basically, my workouts are pump workouts that are made to increase muscle size and be at such a pace that I'm drenched with sweat at the end.

My Workout:

Day 1: Back
          Day 2: Chest
          Day 3: Abs
          Day 4: Legs
          Day 5: Shoulders and Arms
          Day 6: Abs
          Day 7: Cardio and Core

*When you get to a number of reps exceeding the ones I listed, your supposed to move up weight and stay at that until you eclipse the number again... So you're constantly failing.*

Back

Bent-Over Barbell Row: 3 Sets to failure, no weight change
          Set 1: ~20 Reps
          Set 2: ~17 Reps
          Set 3: ~13 Reps

^ 45-60 seconds of rest between sets.

Overhand Barbell Row: 3 Sets to failure, same weight
          Set 1: ~13 Reps
          Set 2: ~10 Reps
          Set 3: ~8 Reps

Hammercurl Bar Row: 3 Sets to failure, no weight change
          Set 1: ~15 Reps
          Set 2: ~11 Reps
          Set 3: ~7 Reps

Upright Barbell Row: 3 Sets to failure, decreasing weight
          Set 2: ~15 Reps
          Set 3: ~20 Reps

Dumbell Row: 3 Sets to failure, no weight change
          Set 2: ~13 Reps
          Set 3: ~10 Reps

Lat Pulldown: 3 Sets, decreasing weight
          Set 1: ~18 Reps
          Set 2: ~21 Reps
          Set 3: ~26 Reps

^ 30-45 seconds of rest between sets.

Cable Pullback / Row w/ Bar: 3 Sets, decreasing weight
          Set 1: ~12 Reps
          Set 2: ~20 Reps
          Set 3: ~28 Reps

Cable Pullback / Row w/ Handles: 3 Sets, decreasing weight
          Set 1: ~20 Reps
          Set 2: ~24 Reps
          Set 3: ~32 Reps

Chest

Incline Bench Press: 3 Sets to failure, decreasing weight.
          Set 1: ~11 Reps
          Set 2: ~10 Reps
          Set 3: ~13 Reps

Weighted Dips:

Incline Flys:

Machine Straight Press:

Narrow Bench Press:

Cable Fly:

Dips:

Abs:

Crunch Machine: 1 Set to failure, high weight
          Set 1: ~22

^ 30 Seconds of rest after set.

Bullrope Crunch: 3 Sets to failure, decreasing weight
          Set 1: ~20
          Set 2: ~22
          Set 3: ~22

^ 45-60 Seconds of rest between sets.

Bench Crunches: 3 Sets, no weight
          Set 1: ~25
          Set 2: ~30
          Set 3: ~35

Side Bends: 3 Sets, high weight
          Set 1: ~10
          Set 2: ~10
          Set 3: ~10

Leg Raises: 3 Sets, no weight
          Set 2: ~15
          Set 3: ~12

Ab Rollout: 3 Sets, no weight
          Set 1: ~15
          Set 2: ~15
          Set 3: ~15

Crunch Machine - Alternating Sides: 2 Sets, medium weight
          Set 2: ~20

^ 1 minute of rest between sets.

Legs:

Shoulders & Arms:

Abs:

Cardio & Core:
          I'll finish it tomorrow after class.
          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
          lmao

Comment

• Swag can you explain to me that arms workout? Imma do it tomorrow

Oh, and is it bad that my triceps hurt after yesterday's chest workout?

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
              Swag can you explain to me that arms workout? Imma do it tomorrow

Oh, and is it bad that my triceps hurt after yesterday's chest workout?
              Yeah, give me like a half hour to find videos.

And no, triceps do not get as much daily use as your biceps do, so what you're experiencing is just soreness from the hard usage of them... You do mean like soreness, right? Not like actual sharp pain?

That's how you sound.
              lmao

Comment

• Wow that is impressive. I thought it was important to have at least 1 recovery day a week though?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                  Yeah, give me like a half hour to find videos.

And no, triceps do not get as much daily use as your biceps do, so what you're experiencing is just soreness from the hard usage of them... You do mean like soreness, right? Not like actual sharp pain?
                  Ya, soreness. My boobies are sore too :P

Comment

Wow that is impressive. I thought it was important to have at least 1 recovery day a week though?
                    It is. Day 6 is my "off-day" because I only do like 20 minutes of a workout and a slight jog / brisk walk on an incline.

I take a lot of supplements (if you haven't picked up on that yet), so I figured I might as well do a small something so that I am just not taking them for nothing on that day.

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                    Ya, soreness. My boobies are sore too :P
                    As they should. That's a complete chest workout, it'll prevent you from getting droopy pecs by overworking the bottom - which just make you look fat.

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

It is. Day 6 is my "off-day" because I only do like 20 minutes of a workout and a slight jog / brisk walk on an incline.

I take a lot of supplements (if you haven't picked up on that yet), so I figured I might as well do a small something so that I am just not taking them for nothing on that day.

As they should. That's a complete chest workout, it'll prevent you from getting droopy pecs by overworking the bottom - which just make you look fat.
                      You do? I use ACG3 pre-workout and After Glow post. What kind of supplements do you use/ suggest for gaining muscle mass?

Comment

You do? I use ACG3 pre-workout and After Glow post. What kind of supplements do you use/ suggest for gaining muscle mass?
                        I'm currently on Drive, Free Test, NeoVar, and MuscleTech Creatine.

I haven't gained a whole lot of weight on these - like 5 lbs since I started them in December (including a total of 3 weeks off of working out, which was horrible) and kept my fat percentage the same somehow.

I'd say I've gained a lot of mass and strength though, like I take a monthly picture of myself and I am noticeably bigger in this months picture and the progression in my workout journal is noticeable.

@Rofl, almost done with your workout in another tab... Should be up around 11 or a little sooner.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

I'm currently on Drive, Free Test, NeoVar, and MuscleTech Creatine.

I haven't gained a whole lot of weight on these - like 5 lbs since I started them in December (including a total of 3 weeks off of working out, which was horrible) and kept my fat percentage the same somehow.

I'd say I've gained a lot of mass and strength though, like I take a monthly picture of myself and I am noticeably bigger in this months picture and the progression in my workout journal is noticeable.

@Rofl, almost done with your workout in another tab... Should be up around 11 or a little sooner.
                          Maybe i'll give those supplements a try, my ACG3 is due to run out after this week. Can I buy them at a GMC or what?

Comment

• *Since gifs just show up as "PWNED" or whatever, I am giving you the links to the site the gifs are on.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

It's pretty simple, sit straight up on a seat bench with your back and butt pressed against the back of it - you don't want your back to bend. And push the dumbbells upward for double digit reps - do it with a high enough weight that you can get double digits, but struggle around 15... Then keep the same weight for your next set and get as many a you can (should be less than your previous amount, obviously), then decrease the weight by 5 lbs and get as many as you can.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lderPress.html

Now you do some bicep exercises, I really like the barbell bicep curl, but you said you don't use those - you really should for this, because the exercise is awesome, but if you don't want to... Do this:

Standing Alternating Hammer Curl:

Basically, this will work your forearms and biceps... Do it with a weight so that you struggle to get more than 12, then reduce the weight for the next set and do as many as you can, followed reducing the weight again and doing as many as you can...

You don't want to be swinging back and forth while doing this because those are cheap reps that do nothing, which are for fags.

If you're gym has an EZ Bar

Then do two sets of wide-grip bicep curls to failure with it... Do the first set with a weight that you can get like 12, then immediately drop half the weight off and go to failure with no rest in between... This is a pump-set, your biceps will be really sore following this, but do this once a week for a month, and I guarantee size gains on your arms.

http://www.shapefit.com/biceps-exerc...bar-curls.html

^^ like this guy, except this guy has his hands on the narrow grip, which makes it easier and gives less gains to your biceps...which is bad.

Now your biceps are shredded, we're going to focus in on triceps with:

One-handed Dumbbell Triceps Extension:

Sorry for the really gay picture...

http://munfitnessblog.com/triceps-wo...cep-extension/

This guy in the picture does it right, if you click on the link those dumb bitches do it wrong.

You want to do this with a weight so that you can get about 20 with each arm, then keep that weight and do as many as you can on your next set. Followed by moving down weight, and doing as many as you can.

^ During which, you want the arm/hand that is not extending the weight to be pressed against your chest / side like the guy in the picture is doing - not on your triceps or at the opposite side, like the dumb women in that link - this prevents you from cheating yourself on reps and stops you from losing balance... I never understood how it does the balance thing, but it does for me at least.

45 Degree Dumbbell Shoulder Raise

http://www.realjock.com/article/983
                            ^ Link to an article explaining and a video, in case I don't do a good enough job explaining.

Basically, you take two dumbbells (low-medium weight) and hold them at your side, now go half way to the front (45 degrees) and that is the direction you raise them, so it's halfway between front and lateral raises... This exercise will give you the most dramatic and recognizable results in the shoulder region.
                            Last edited by SwAg Dynasty; 02-01-2012, 10:07 PM.

That's how you sound.
                            lmao

Comment

Maybe i'll give those supplements a try, my ACG3 is due to run out after this week. Can I buy them at a GMC or what?
                              I had to order mine online from their website, they had a 50%-off sale on Black Friday.

I think allstarhealth.com (something like that, I'll type it into google in a sec) has them at a good price if you don't mind ordering offline.

Just to give you a full disclaimer on them:

Free Test is a testosterone increaser / estrogen eliminator.

Drive is a mostly stimulant-free pre-workout that has mood increasing and sex drive increasing effects in addition to the workout effects... It isn't something that you "feel" like some of the other pre-workout supplements, but I've taken it and stopped my other pre-workout and haven't missed a beat.

If you like the "pumped up" feeling, MusclePharm: Assault is very, very good.

NeoVar is a mass-adding creatine.

Edit - here is the site, I haven't used it, but NYJETS has and he said it is legit and the prices look great:

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/appli..._stimulant.htm
                              ^
                              70$ elsewhere.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/appli...als-neovar.htm
                              ^
                              $50 elsewhere.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/appli...-free_test.htm
                              ^
                              $60 elsewhere.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/muscl...ower_packs.htm
                              ^
                              $50 elsewhere.

Going on bodybuilding.com is also very good, because they occasionally have very good deals - and their prices are generally substantially lower than GNC.
                              Last edited by SwAg Dynasty; 02-01-2012, 10:15 PM.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

• <3 you swag

btw, how many reps of that 45 degree thing should i do?

Comment

Working...
                                X