The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
    Hey guise, there's a month left before track starts (yay....), and I was wondering if doing insanity will get me in shape for it, as I currently don't have a place to run at the moment (since high school is in now session, and I don't feel like driving to parks and stuff during weekdays)

Will that do me good?

I started with the basic testing thing today, and my heart feels puffy (my cardio has deteriorated into crap, I get winded walking to class nowadays >.>), and I take that as a good sign of starting to get into shape
    Don't you have sidewalks where you live? It seems weird that you'd have nowhere to run. You don't have to use a track. If you run on the sidewalk, use the telephone poles to do intervals. Run very slowly (not even a jog) for two telephone poles, sprint as hard as you can for the next two, repeat until you can't.

Comment

• If I lived in Baltimore, I wouldn't want to run on the sidewalks either.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
      lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        Don't you have sidewalks where you live? It seems weird that you'd have nowhere to run. You don't have to use a track. If you run on the sidewalk, use the telephone poles to do intervals. Run very slowly (not even a jog) for two telephone poles, sprint as hard as you can for the next two, repeat until you can't.
        No sidewalks. I live in a really small neighborhood right next to roads. So I can't really run there.

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Run on the roads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade View Post
            Run on the roads.
            Don't be a dick and run in the middle, doe.
            Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

• Yo Swag:

Been doing mostly cardio with a little an exercises for awhile now (along with eating really healthy) in order to drop weight I didnt want. I got my body fat % extremely low and now really just want to bulk up a bit and work on abs. The abs are the most important for me honestly. Always wanted them and have never stuck to an exercise regiment long enough to get them.

So I have an all around ab workout I like that is about 15-20 mins long. Is doing that every day substantially better than every other day? Need a gameplan. I am gonna add in strength exercises as well, but it's more of an ab question. Do I need to have some days off for muscle recovery or is the exercise everyday the best? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                So I have an all around ab workout I like that is about 15-20 mins long. Is doing that every day substantially better than every other day? Need a gameplan. I am gonna add in strength exercises as well, but it's more of an ab question. Do I need to have some days off for muscle recovery or is the exercise everyday the best? Thanks.
                At the very least give yourself one day off a week. I think swag would agree.

Comment

• In my experience, it is almost impossible to hit the same muscles two days in a row because of soreness, so I dont know if doing abs every day is all that great of an idea.

Swag may think differently however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                    In my experience, it is almost impossible to hit the same muscles two days in a row because of soreness, so I dont know if doing abs every day is all that great of an idea.
                    That's not even close to true.

Comment

That's not even close to true.
                      What isnt?

Comment

At the very least give yourself one day off a week. I think swag would agree.
                        Thats a good idea. I have done that workout for 3-4 days in a row before. The abs get sore, but I can push through. A break day every 4th day or so would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                          Yo Swag:

Been doing mostly cardio with a little an exercises for awhile now (along with eating really healthy) in order to drop weight I didnt want. I got my body fat % extremely low and now really just want to bulk up a bit and work on abs. The abs are the most important for me honestly. Always wanted them and have never stuck to an exercise regiment long enough to get them.

I dropped abs as their own separate day and just do it at the end of all my workouts.

I'm sure there are going to be contrasting views on this, but abs everyday really isn't the same as working a different muscle group, for example your chest, multiple days in a row. The soreness from really hitting abs one day will carry over to the next day, but after a few days of doing it in a row you won't feel that residual soreness anymore...Eventually it numbs, in my opinion lol. Also, if you want your abs to show, it's actually best to do it daily -- I do that during the Spring and Summer. I'm not sure what to call it, but the day of and the days following you workout a certain muscle group that muscle is always bigger and more defined, then as you move away from it, it reverts back to how it normally is until you work it again. So by doing abs everyday, you're essentially keeping them more-flexed, while not really flexing them.

I do think having an actual day off per week is a good thing, like 1 day where you don't do resistance training or at least don't go hard on it -- sometimes it's hard for this... I'm a person that if I'm in the gym I want to be going as hard as I can, so it's where the mental game takes over for me... Not running really hard and keeping my heart rate at 190ish, not going really hard on Saturday, etc.

Also, if you're trying for abs, you should incorporate some leg exercises / oblique and lower back. Those 3 are just as important in getting abs as the actual ab workouts.
                          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                          lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                            In my experience, it is almost impossible to hit the same muscles two days in a row because of soreness, so I dont know if doing abs every day is all that great of an idea.

Swag may think differently however.
                            I like that sort of pain.

Working out abs everyday...it's no different than laughing hard everyday, or having sex everyday.

That's how you sound.
                            lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                              I dropped abs as their own separate day and just do it at the end of all my workouts.

I'm sure there are going to be contrasting views on this, but abs everyday really isn't the same as working a different muscle group, for example your chest, multiple days in a row. The soreness from really hitting abs one day will carry over to the next day, but after a few days of doing it in a row you won't feel that residual soreness anymore...Eventually it numbs, in my opinion lol. Also, if you want your abs to show, it's actually best to do it daily -- I do that during the Spring and Summer. I'm not sure what to call it, but the day of and the days following you workout a certain muscle group that muscle is always bigger and more defined, then as you move away from it, it reverts back to how it normally is until you work it again. So by doing abs everyday, you're essentially keeping them more-flexed, while not really flexing them.

I do think having an actual day off per week is a good thing, like 1 day where you don't do resistance training or at least don't go hard on it -- sometimes it's hard for this... I'm a person that if I'm in the gym I want to be going as hard as I can, so it's where the mental game takes over for me... Not running really hard and keeping my heart rate at 190ish, not going really hard on Saturday, etc.

Also, if you're trying for abs, you should incorporate some leg exercises / oblique and lower back. Those 3 are just as important in getting abs as the actual ab workouts.
                              You are also on a ton of supplements to speed up recovery and things like that I assume.

If you are working your abs as hard as you can for 20 minutes every day, I just dont see how the average person can do it without taking a day or two off a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                                I like that sort of pain
                                Especially on my abs. Nothing feels better.

Comment

Working...
                                X