The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
    You are also on a ton of supplements to speed up recovery and things like that I assume.

If you are working your abs as hard as you can for 20 minutes every day, I just dont see how the average person can do it without taking a day or two off a week.
    Again, I'd agree with a day off per week. But I don't take any supplements and I go HAM Sunday-Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
      You are also on a ton of supplements to speed up recovery and things like that I assume.

If you are working your abs as hard as you can for 20 minutes every day, I just dont see how the average person can do it without taking a day or two off a week.
      Meh, creatine and protein isolates do that. So yeah, I suppose.

That's true. If you have more time, spreading it out on some days could make it more feasible.

Drinking more water will help too.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
      lmao

Comment

• Thanks Swag, Arcade, and Prodigy for responding to my question. I appreciate the insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
          Thanks Swag, Arcade, and Prodigy for responding to my question. I appreciate the insight.
          Where's my consultant fee?

Comment

• So jewish.
            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
            lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
              So jewish.
              You know what they say about Jews?

Comment

• Attended a guest speaker today, the main focus on the presentation was the different ways of muscle overload to stimulate muscle growth. Then he got into different exercises for mass-adding, strength-adding, definition, etc. Did a Q&A and I'm pretty sure I bothered the hell out of him with all my questions, but he just laughed at how many questions I had and would answer.

I'm not going to say he changed my philosophy, but he definitely opened my eyes to some things that I would have never given a second thought to...Now I have to try it all lol

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

Attended a guest speaker today, the main focus on the presentation was the different ways of muscle overload to stimulate muscle growth. Then he got into different exercises for mass-adding, strength-adding, definition, etc. Did a Q&A and I'm pretty sure I bothered the hell out of him with all my questions, but he just laughed at how many questions I had and would answer.

I'm not going to say he changed my philosophy, but he definitely opened my eyes to some things that I would have never given a second thought to...Now I have to try it all lol
                  Who was he/what was is occupation?

Comment

• He was a guy that did bodybuilding for a long time in his youth, then when he retired he wrote several books on nutrition and dieting muscle gains / minimize fat. He had some degrees (didn't pay attention to them), and now he does university studies regarding athletic training.

He was a Russian, Stoyanoff (it might be a ph ending >.>, I didn't see)

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

• 10 months of running, a few weeks on the current pace, and shoes are old... and I get tendinitis in my foot. FML.

At least it's not as bad as when I had it in my knee last year (and almost couldn't walk).

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

• Most intense pumps of my life... New supplement that increases NO3 pumps from Cellucor.

So intense that I actually have the pumps in my hands.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

• SwAg

How the **** should I do squats? I keep getting wierd pains in my outside leg/hip area and lower back. I was trying to do the stronglift style with a wide stance and feet out a bit, going down a lot, then back up all the way. Something I am doing at the bottom, I think. any advice?

I would hate squats, but they are so great (awful) that I don't wnat to stop, but if I am doing them wrong, I will break myself

help me, meng
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Attended a guest speaker today, the main focus on the presentation was the different ways of muscle overload to stimulate muscle growth. Then he got into different exercises for mass-adding, strength-adding, definition, etc. Did a Q&A and I'm pretty sure I bothered the hell out of him with all my questions, but he just laughed at how many questions I had and would answer.

And to think, just a few years ago you were a wee lil chubby lad.

Comment

• Oh yeah, got my shipment in.

Combat Cookies and Cream is the best tasting supplement I have ever had. Freaking delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                                SwAg

How the **** should I do squats? I keep getting wierd pains in my outside leg/hip area and lower back. I was trying to do the stronglift style with a wide stance and feet out a bit, going down a lot, then back up all the way. Something I am doing at the bottom, I think. any advice?

I would hate squats, but they are so great (awful) that I don't wnat to stop, but if I am doing them wrong, I will break myself

help me, meng
                                Might be how far down you go, shouldn't go beyond like a 90 degree angle because that's when you start to lose control. If you do less weight, and go that deep and then at the top push your hips forward, it's probably actually better from an overall athletic outlook than going really heavy.

You can try moving your feet to about 2-3 inches out from shoulder-width and keeping your feet forward, but with less weight and pushing with your heel and not the rest of your foot. Different type of muscle focus.

That's how you sound.
                                lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X