The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    Thanks. I've run a Tough Mudder, and it was fun, but I'm looking at that Olympic Spartan Race (~8 miles, 20+ obstacles) and thinking that's a goal as well, but I need to either get some green, or get somebody to sponsor me for it.
    This might be a dumb idea, but do you think Walt might if you wore a WF shirt? I'm not really sure how race sponsorships work though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
      This might be a dumb idea, but do you think Walt might if you wore a WF shirt? I'm not really sure how race sponsorships work though.
      haha I doubt it. Basically I'd show up with whatever advert he wanted me to wear through the race, and he'd foot the bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        My resting heart rate is at 65ish per minute now

It used to be mid to low 50s
        Wewt, just checked it right now. I got 55.

Less than a week lol. Hopefully it means my heart's in decent shape for running

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
          Damn, this video is incredibly powerful:

I've wanted to do a Tough Mudder for awhile, but it looks like Spartan Race might be even more intense. Good luck on running a half marathon (with 8-9 miles daily, 13 should be no problem with adrenaline) and Spartan Race.
          I was going to do the Warrior Dash down in Virgia last month, but my wife got me Red Sox tickets for my birthday on the same day. That video makes me want to do a Spartan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
            I like this one way more.

I can identify with it more.
            That one's cool, but for some reason I like this one:

The line "I'm not afraid to die on a treadmill" goes through my brain regularly when running.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

• Apple time

Comment

• Running sucks more than anything.

Although if I worked out an extra day I would do elliptical work.
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                  Running sucks more than anything.

Although if I worked out an extra day I would do elliptical work.
                  I'm completely the opposite. I can't stand to be on a treadmill or an elliptical. Longest I stayed on a machine was about 5 minutes, and that's because I was surrounded by hot chicks who were also working out. But I can't stand going through the motions of movement without going anywhere.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Boots and utes sprints after work? Why the **** not?

Comment

• Think I have a hernia, which will really piss me off.

Anyone ever had one? Details regarding mine: http://forum.walterfootball.com/show...81#post1615481
                        Originally posted by Daniel
                        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

lol
                          I knew exactly what was going to happen. And I still laughed.

Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                          Think I have a hernia, which will really piss me off.

Anyone ever had one? Details regarding mine: http://forum.walterfootball.com/show...81#post1615481
                          I haven't, but my buddy I ran cross country in high school with continually got minor hernias due to having an abnormally thin aponeurosis... the tendon sheet which holds in your abdominal core. A hernia, if anyone out there doesn't know, is when a part of your intestinal tract (or anything else in your thoracic cavity) slips through the aponeurosis and gets stuck, producing a small bulge, and a lot of pain in the area. The big worry is that the strong tendons will cut off blood flow to that part of the body, which can have very very very bad ramifications if not fixed.

For full healing, surgery is almost a necessity, though there are minimally invasive forms of surgery. Hernias can be very dangerous if not treated immediately, due to possibility of acute strangulation, which leads to cellular death.
                          Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 10-23-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Mine doesn't hurt. I just can feel it there and it is tender if I touch it.

Did he have surgery for them? I might be getting ahead of myself with all this, has not been confirmed, just no idea what else it could be.
                            Originally posted by Daniel
                            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                            lmao

Comment

• Started lifting again, (Monday & Thursday)

Here is what I follow

M:
                              4 x 10 Dunbell Bench
                              4 x 10 Bicep Curls (Dunbell)
                              4 x 10 Shoulders -- Don't know the name of the lift, but you lift in front of you parallel, than to the side.
                              4 x 15 Pull - Ups
                              4 x 10 Shoulder Shrugs
                              4 X 10 Lat Rows
                              Core

I do a circuit, with a portion of core at the end of each circuit.

I then do 4 x 10 of Skull Crushers at the end traditionally. After all of that, I do push-ups to fatigue.

Th:

4 x 10 Dunbell Incline Bench
                              4 x 10 Bicep Curls (Straight Bar)
                              4 x 10 Shoulders -- Don't know the name of the lift, but you lift in front of you parallel, than to the side.
                              4 x 15 Pull - Ups
                              4 x 10 Shoulder Shrugs
                              4 X 10 Lat Rows
                              Core

4 x 10 Triceps Extension (Overhead and straight) & push-ups to fatigue.

On Monday & Wednesday I generally try and run a mile or two.

I guess I am asking the experts for advice on the routine. Don't have goals at the moment, just lifting because it is healthy.
                              "I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work. " - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                                Mine doesn't hurt. I just can feel it there and it is tender if I touch it.

Did he have surgery for them? I might be getting ahead of myself with all this, has not been confirmed, just no idea what else it could be.
                                I know he went to a doctor about it, but I can't recall if he had the minimal invasive surgery or not. Hoping the best for you, and that it's nothing serious. Even the MIS will keep you from working out for a while, and I figure that would drive you nuts.

Not all hernias hurt, mind you, but the worry is that eventually some part of the mesenteric artery/vein system gets pinched off by your abdominal tendons and kills off part of your intestinal tract. Bad juju.

Comment

Working...
                                X